ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Remember the Changes..

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 27, 14 10:59 AM
Like many of you, I’ve been playing MC since the beginning. Although now on a self-imposed hiatus, on level 31, I do keep up-to-date by reading the threads.

I know there’s a lot of back and forth on what the game makers should do or things they haven’t done… so I wanted to rewind a minute and provide some perspective.

I think they listen to players more than we remember! I think we are all so in-the-moment of game play that we’ve forgotten the impact we’ve had.

Whether or not you like the changes, the point is they’ve made some based on our feedback.

Remember, you do make a difference and we should work together to continue to make this a game we want to play!

Here’s some examples (not complete, but some of the things we’ve requested that have been changed)

1.Keeper of the Castle. This was the first stopping point in the game. Many of us were stuck here. Fast forward. Since then, we’ve regularly received updates approximately 1x every 4-6 wks.

2. Pet Food. Remember when each pet had their own food? And it was difficult to find for a specific animal? They combined them into groups-granted they still need to fix the drop rate on these.

3.Find Path. This was fixed. I know there may be still some issues but for the most part, way better than it was.

4.Bow Figure, It’s gone. Enough said

5. Airship. These used to be items you may need for a quest. They changed that and they have the icons

6.Variety. We asked for things to do while we waited, they added daily quests and now the tournaments

7.HOS. We were tired of the same scenes. They switched around some of them.

8. Pets. We asked for a greater variety. They now have 19 we can get.

9. Dice Table. It used to be only $, they added an additional way to obtain needed items

10. Avatars. We wanted different ones, they added more.

11. Fortune Wheel. Items are now displayed with names. Remember when new ones popped up and you had no idea what it was?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Remember the Changes..

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 27, 14 11:34 AM
thanks for that list chestnutheighs.

they do make the changes they can for sure

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 27, 14 11:58 AM
I think you're right, Chestnut I'd forgotten some of those changes for the better myself.
They have listened and I'm sure they strive hard to make it enjoyable for the majority while trying at least to fix the glitches.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Oct 27, 14 1:03 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I had completely forgotten about the airship change. I remember that I was never, not once, able to send the airship before the change!
Good memory!!!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Oct 27, 14 1:32 PM
I had forgotten about the airship before also! I remember a friend and I took turns sending the airship because it took the two of us to send one ship.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Oct 27, 14 2:38 PM
I know, I never sent an airship once before they changed it! I never had enough items! That was one huge change for the better

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Oct 27, 14 6:18 PM
FudgeChi wrote:I know, I never sent an airship once before they changed it! I never had enough items! That was one huge change for the better

Ditto. Now I send it every time it comes around. I didn't realize until recently that besides the food & stamp, you also get a chunk of change from the friendly blimp.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 27, 14 6:37 PM
6.Variety. We asked for things to do while we waited, they added daily quests and now the tournaments

i loved the daily quests when they came out- really gave me a reason to do those hog rounds- but once you have all the pets they are kind of obsolete

I love the tournaments too- i get quite excited about those

Sisko6969
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sisko6969 on Oct 27, 14 7:44 PM
kdreetz. It's so funny that you mentioned that the airships also give coins. I played four months before I realized that!

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Oct 28, 14 1:06 AM
Thank you so much for this thread. I can't believe How many changes I had forgotten

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Oct 28, 14 8:27 AM
Sisko6969 wrote:kdreetz. It's so funny that you mentioned that the airships also give coins. I played four months before I realized that!
Isn't it funny how we all play the game so differently. I only send the airships to earn coins! It is one of my steady sources of income.

I also noticed that if you want to call it early (before the 4 hours is up), it is fairly cheap diamond wise to call it. The cost goes down by a diamond for every hour that passes. If I log on and the ship has 1 or 2 hours before it comes, it is worth it to me to use the 1 or 2 diamonds to call it early just to get the coins. This, of course only works if you have enough of the items to send the ship. This method does keep my coin income up.

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Oct 28, 14 9:48 AM

I also noticed that if you want to call it early (before the 4 hours is up), it is fairly cheap diamond wise to call it. The cost goes down by a diamond for every hour that passes. If I log on and the ship has 1 or 2 hours before it comes, it is worth it to me to use the 1 or 2 diamonds to call it early just to get the coins. This, of course only works if you have enough of the items to send the ship. This method does keep my coin income up.

Aleutcia;

Just as a heads up, the coin you receive from sending the airship is the same as if you were to sell the items from your inventory, the only actual benefit you get from sending the airship is you always get one stamp and one pet food. Using diamonds for calling the airship early does not count for the "Market Master" achievement.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Oct 28, 14 5:58 PM
Kittensnlace, thanks for the info. For a while I was getting a basic food and 3 unique stamps each time. That happened for about 5 times in a row. Now for 4 times in a row I am getting a basic food and 1 blue stamp. We will see what comes next. Would not hurt my feelings if it went back to giving the unique stamps. I watch and very often it gives out more than 1 stamp, you just need to see what appears when you run your cursor over the item. It will tell how many of an item you get. I often get 2 plain stamps.

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 6:01:41 PM PST

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Oct 28, 14 6:32 PM
Thanks ChestnutHeights for all this information, how soon we forget that the do listen to us.

If I may add one to your list...

Social page declined friends are now gone.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 28, 14 7:08 PM
You're most welcome. It was good for me too, to be able to think back to how the game has changed since the beginning.

It reminds me that when reading the forum, since people have begun the game throughout it's existence, everyone has a different take on the game.

Players that just start now, will never know how much aggravation and pleading from players in the past did to help them today. And I'm sure in time, they'll be pushing for additional changes to keep making the game better. And the circle continues...

Plus, this was my way of letting those longer term players who have been leaving lately, that they DID make a difference! And to all those who've decided to walk away.. just want to let them know (as they say in my neck of the woods)

You Done Good, Kid!

And to thank them for making the game better today, than it was yesterday!

Go to: