Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Need Cigar help and "Henry Higgens" help

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Apr 8, 09 8:38 AM
I have been able to find all of the Suspects secrets items however, I have yet to find all of Jasili's cigars. And, theres only 6 of them so Im surprised I can find more of other items! Since I dont know which one Im missing, can someone list where they have found each of the 6 cigars?

Also, when I get to the Obelisk memorial with Henry Higgens name on is, and Im supposed to rotate the letters like Id seen in a previous room or such... I have written down how they are supposed to look however, once I get the letters rotated properly, nothing at all happens. I am 99% sure I have rotated the letters properly, taking care to try the I, H, S and N in both positions. What am I do wrong, or whats the next step to get the puzzle to complete itself? I always have to say SKIP for that darn one. Doesnt affect me in time, etc., but I dont like skipping puzzles.

Thanks!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Need Cigar help and "Henry Higgens" help

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 8, 09 8:41 AM
Hi Blue_Phoenix!

The walkthrough has the answer to both questions:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/serpent-of-isis-game-walkthrough/

Hope it helps!

PrplDva

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Apr 8, 09 9:24 AM
Ooooooo! Diva, you go girl! Thank you for pointing me towards that walk through! I have read through it (skimmed towards the more important areas for me) and it was enlightening. You rock!

Must say though that in looking at the screenshot of Henry Higgens, it is what I have already so for some reason, that puzzle is not moving on for me.

I am, however, confident now that I will find all those darn cigars! I think I was always missing the one in Budapest Market.

Another interesting thing I found while reading was to take a close look at how they explain the mini puzzles of the hot spot telescope, astrology globes and chess board. They failed to discuss about the astrology signs that come into play. I actually spent time just an hour ago to try most diligently to figure out how this whole thing went together. He kept telling me he wasnt the master at astrology, etc. BUT, for some reason, that mini game finally let up and revealed to me which astrological signs are saw in the stars through the telescope. I needed to know that in order to rotate those globes to get the right codes for each chess piece. Seems an important part to miss explaining rather than just saying, "rotate the Queen to this and the Knight to this," etc. It was cool to figure it out through the star signs... and, I quite rarely boast but was proud I was able to do it on my own after so much trying and failing!

Yea, I ramble, I know. Love to write and type fast so it doesnt feel as long. Thank you again for answering me so quickly and directing me to such a comprehensive game document. I know my mom just downloaded this game on her computer and I KNOW she will be calling me asking me (among other things), "dammit, where is that final crown in the library of books?!" Yanno, the invisible one next to the book strap? LOL She is gonna wigout on some of these as she hates to use hints. Cant wait for the laughter to ensue!

Thanks again Diva and game on!
Best, Blue Phoenix

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 8, 09 9:33 AM
LOL- You're very welcome! Ramble away!

And show your mom some mercy! LOL

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Apr 10, 09 2:36 AM
Oh, she gets major mercy from me LOL! Luckily Im one of those adults that has a close friendship with mom for so long which is great. But, we're both competitive. However, after we see each other squirm just a bit, the other dives in to save her. We understand the same game frustrations!

I found out this evening though, while we had some Chinese food, that she is holding her own in this game! Im floored cause some of the stuff she got by, has been talked about at length in this forum... some of the very difficult items to find, etc. That invisible crown for instance. She figured that out easily and she is not one to use hints flippantly.

Since you informed me about the walk through, I took pieces of it that I thought would help her- Suspect list item locations which she will only use if she finds she cant find them all, the tougher mini games and some other helpful info and put together a cheat sheet for her. Made myself a copy too! I found out she dislikes some of the very same things I dislike (such as the darn slot machine thing which doesnt take much skill but can take a while even with strategy). Some of the info in the walk through is incorrect so I adjusted it and she will use it all when she replays the game. She is almost done on her own but admits she wants to get through without game hints and without skipping any puzzles.

Told her it was an 'online Diva' that made it possible for her to get this help packet from me so she sends her appreciation to you as well! Thanks! And thanks for letting me ramble without lecturing me!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 10, 09 5:38 AM
LOL- You are so welcome! I think that's so wonderful the two of you get along so well AND can share in game talk!

Go to: