Please post your REVIEWS for Blue Tear here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Oct 30, 14 5:34 AM
Top of the morning to you all!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Blue Tear here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Blue Tear.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:19:17 AM PST

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Blue Tear here!

[Post New]by siscokid on Oct 30, 14 10:15 AM
I won't go into the schematics of the game, leaving that for the experts. However, I will comment on the game play itself.

Terrible!! Confusing, no logic, grainy and outdated graphics. Dialogue redundant and LOTS if it.

Upon trying to open the game, it took an entire 5 minutes for it to load before being able to play it.

There is nothing at all that is good about this game. Period. Of course I encourage all to try for themselves as they MAY perchance enjoy this dinosaur.

I usually don't comment on games, but this one was SO bad, it compelled me to tell my fellow gamers to not even waste the hour of free play...as for me it is 15 minutes out of my life that still has me trying to get over the facial tick while guttering emotions akin to Renfield. Yeah. It's THAT bad.

Just sayin....

Edited on 10/30/2014 at 10:18:07 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 30, 14 1:13 PM
Played the entire demo and found I was enjoying the journey. It is not a simple Hidden Object game even on the lesser of the 2 levels. I chose Beginner just to get the feel of it. To me, it felt much more like a Point and Click Adventure than our usual Hidden Object fare.

I intended to do a 2nd profile to see how Expert differed from Beginner, but my time ran out before I knew it. That's a good sign for me.

I found the graphics quite colorful and the ambient sounds appealing. The setting in Africa (at least in the first hour) was relaxing albeit sometimes quite challenging to figure out what devs had in mind.

There are voiceovers, at least in the opening scenes. There are also 'voices' of a sort which come from the 'spirits' on the wall of one area. I thought I was hearing wrong when I tried to match the voices of those 'spirits' with the text LOL. I never did figure out what those 'spirit' voices were actually saying, but didn't care because the text told the story perfectly.

The Hint button on the easy level was quite helpful. If you need to go to another location, it shows that location, but it will not transport you from that graphic. We do acquire a map, although I didn't test to see if there was any jump function when utilizing it.

Length? Who knows. Will it appeal to everyone? Not too likely. But I personally found that when I approached it as a P&C Adventure, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Certainly not a cookie-cutter game. Nor is there a cutesy helper! Although it would have been a hoot to have the "guard goat" take that role!

It's a buy for me.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Oct 30, 14 7:23 PM
Twinsoniclab. Possible spoiler Alert: Once you have finished healing the Indian you are transported back to the present or 1957, not sure which, and the rest of the game Is in or near the old mansion.
I thoroughly enjoyed this game after about 20min. Yes, it could be frustrating but hint button was a big help. Puzzles were slightly different. You do get a map at beginning of second location and it looks quite large. Definite buy for me, although I might wait for a sale or use a PCC.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Nov 1, 14 7:22 PM
I only found this game by reading reviews on a totally other thread for a totally different game! I might like this game, even tho the graphics are bad, the beginning of the game, totally ridiculous (probably the worst beginning scene I have "seen" (!!) in a long time, but it was the lack of instructions for the mini-games that made me quit the demo. I saw a "skip" button, but no instructions. Even if a game is so obvious that you can figure it out, I think an instruction is an absolute necessity. If there are instructions for this game, please PM me and let me know, as I too, would like a nice "haunted house" game for this Halloween season - even if it is November 1st!! Thanks Fishies!! Hope everyone had a safe Halloween

feenix

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 2, 14 1:50 PM
feenix2011 wrote:I only found this game by reading reviews on a totally other thread for a totally different game! I might like this game, even tho the graphics are bad, the beginning of the game, totally ridiculous (probably the worst beginning scene I have "seen" (!!) in a long time, but it was the lack of instructions for the mini-games that made me quit the demo. I saw a "skip" button, but no instructions. Even if a game is so obvious that you can figure it out, I think an instruction is an absolute necessity. If there are instructions for this game, please PM me and let me know, as I too, would like a nice "haunted house" game for this Halloween season - even if it is November 1st!! Thanks Fishies!! Hope everyone had a safe Halloween

feenix

There is a question mark on the upper left corner that gives you instructions for the puzzles and the diary is a lot of help also.

Terrible Game (Part 1 of 2)

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 3, 14 2:12 AM
(Part 1)

I am not going to give my usual review with all the details because others have done that. I just want to write what the numerous problems with the game were. Before I start, in my opinion, the game is NOT more like a point- and-click adventure as someone else mentioned. The game is loaded with tons of obnoxious HOPs, so it is a HOP adventure.

The game was very sluggish at my standard 1600x800 resolution. I couldn't even use the game cursor. The game plays much better (faster) at 800x600 Resolution, but it doesn't look any better. It's unplayable at 1600x800 because the cursor and game work at a snail's pace.

Bugs in the game:

1) First Time - I played to the House part and then quit. The next time I played, the Hint said to use Mallet in cellar to knock out the taps, but I had no Mallet. So I played with a new Profile because I could have sworn I had the Mallet when I quit the game.

2) Second Time - This time there was a bug that I didn't have the first time. When you have to shoot the ball and rotate the knights to get the ball into the hole, I missed the hole and the ball went into the gutter, but never came back. So I had to skip the game. But this time I got the Mallet in a HOP and was able to use it in the cellar.

3) In the Lady of the House's Room, when I got the picture fragments to restore the picture, I restored everything, but there was no picture scrap for the Umbrella, so I had to skip the game.

4)Periodically, in the Inventory when you hover over some items, it doesn't have a label to tell you what it is.

(See Part 2)

Terrible Game (Part 2 of 2)

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 3, 14 2:16 AM
(Part 2)

5) Maddening Mislabeling: I wasted over 1/2 hour because of this stupidity. Towards the end of the game, the only Objective on the map is in the Nanny's Room. The clown is there that you're supposed to draw a black circle around and then burn it. I clicked Hint and it said to use the Black Chalk to draw a circle around the clown, but I didn't have the black chalk. There were other things I could still do in the game, but it did not indicate it on the Map and the Hint never mentioned them. For instance, I had all the stained glass pieces so I was able to fix the window. After having to figure out where to go and what to do on my own, there was nothing left to do. I spent about 1/2 hour trying to find the Black Chalk because that's the only thing the Hint kept saying to use. I finally figured it out that you use, I believe, Black Hair to draw the black circle around the clown and then burn it; but the Hint kept saying Black Chalk.

6) Garbage Map: To add insult to injury the Map was all messed up towards the end of the game. I finally got to the Attic, but when I looked at the Map, it said I was by the Fountain. During the game, all the unexplored territories had a lock on them, except for the final room next to the Attic, which was a black box, Then when I finally got to that room, the Map shows I am someplace else and there is still a black box on the Map in the room I am in. I perform the final ritual in the room and I just have the Voodo Doll in Inventory and nothing is happening. So I figure it's a trick or something, so I go to the Map and click to move to the Fountain, where the Red X says I am. Just as I am transporting there, I can see a woman (girl) appear in the Attic as I go to the Fountain. Well there is nothing to do at the Fountain, so I go back to the stairway next to the Attic (I can't go to the Attic directly because it is still a black box on the Map) and then go to the Attic and the girl is not there; but it says Next in the upper right corner. I click it and nothing happens. I try to place the Voodo Doll in the Attic, but I am not able to. I move around and it says Next on every screen. I click Hint and it uses up the Hint but doesn't tell me anything. I quit the game and start it again and the same thing happens. I waste another 1/2 hour tyring to figure out what to do, but I can't. The bottom line is that I couldn't finish the game, there were no Objectives on the Map, and the Hint didn't work.

I rate it 3 out of 10.

Edited on 11/03/2014 at 2:23:07 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 3, 14 6:33 AM
this game don't have for me the bugs others had!i took more pleasure to play it than the last magic CE,i can't say for the map ,trying not to use it in every game because that grabs me out of the game!the hint system is enough to help here and it took me 5 hours to finish ,which is a good length and there is a lot to do in every places!even if the beginning is almost diconcerting,the whole game is worth a CC!

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 26, 14 7:02 PM
Finished the game today and loved every minute of it.

I went to the developers' website and sent them an email stating firmly that we need a sequel. Well, I was sort of firm ... I did use the words desperate and need .

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Dec 26, 14 7:23 PM
@ Dominick-Fontana:
I spent about 1/2 hour trying to find the Black Chalk because that's the only thing the Hint kept saying to use. I finally figured it out that you use, I believe, Black Hair to draw the black circle around the clown and then burn it; but the Hint kept saying Black Chalk.

Hi Dominick

I'm so, so sorry you had such a hard time with the game. I picked up the "black chalk", some kind of black paper spell, in the crypt(?) and followed the instructions on a piece of paper I picked up somewhere along the line. It showed to use the little black stick (burnt paper/chalk) to circle the voodoo doll and burn it.

I had a lot of fun because I don't usually find games that force me to use the hint button very often, and this one had me grinding my little gray cells at every turn. And thank heaven for the map.

Using the hint and walkthrough as needed to get to the next fun area, or to give my mind a nudge, doesn't bother me the way it did years ago when I had to use yoga to get through game stress buildup.

If this one drove you 'round the bend, do not even go near Painted Beauties! That has more stuff to remember and figure out than a Russian novel!

notaboruw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by notaboruw on Jan 28, 15 6:45 PM
Just finished the complete game... what a "gem" of a game. Perseverance pays off. Ignore the negative comments and sit back and enjoy the game! I would love to see more games like this; quirky and not the expected.

Go to: