Lilac43
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

October 28 2014 Update has tons of bugs

[Post New]by Lilac43 on Oct 30, 14 6:52 AM
1. If you have partially completed a quest that involves giving items, all your "give" progress is lost if you close the game and restart later. This is a new change.
2. On a quest, If you haven't clicked "Accept" (which closes the dialog...PITA!!) before "Giving" an item, it doesn't register as given. This is a new change.
3. There is no "Close" ability on the Temple of the Gods map...I opened it and couldn't get back out until I had used my accumulated blue thingys to build a statue. Then, I could click on the map to exit. A nice, round red X in the upper right corner (programming standard for Windows ) would work very nicely, thank you.
4. When I first opened the game after this download, all my active quests were "unaccepted" and all my partial progress had been lost.
5. Old bugs: Venetian Street scene...the dreamcatcher won't "select" unless you click on the very outer part of the far right feather. PLEASE, make the entire image selectable. Ditto for the harp in the Circus scene...can't click in the center to select.
6. Maybe these aren't bugs but just shameless money-grubbing moves by the developers. Well, as has been discussed a ton of times for FTP games, why don't you make the price of purchasable items more reasonable or just make it a purchase or subscription model? These games are cash cows, or there wouldn't be so many of them. How many $ does it take to buy an Ukrainian developer who can't even write decent English?

lawmaiden
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:October 28 2014 Update has tons of bugs

[Post New]by lawmaiden on Oct 30, 14 10:16 AM
Well so much for the update. I cant even get the game to come up. Complete Black Screen, the notification comes up.... "Agency 33 has stopped working".
Hello Devs... what gives huh????

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Oct 30, 14 11:32 AM
And another bug is that the time and accuracy bonuses don't work, as someone else pointed out.

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Oct 30, 14 3:20 PM
I haven't downloaded the update- I don't think? LOL, My computer crashed in a major fashion and I had to have it repaired. Since I have been playing again I am having a black screen come up with numbers like on a target or programming behind the pictures. It seems to be more in the creation room, so far? I have also noticed that some of the objects are harder to click on/with delays too.Plus, the fatal exceptions were increasing prior to my computer crashing. I have noticed more of this. For awhile with the last update, I had this only a small amount and was able to click on all the objects and get them without delay or problem. I hope we are not going to have a repeat of the earlier problems before the last update before this very last one. It seems the developers or someone is stressing bells/whistles and showmanship rather the game actually working better. I had no complaints with the last update until right before the computer crashed. I don't think I have updated, it usually tells me. I will check this. If not, some of the old problems are rearing their ugly little heads.Please let me know if anyone is experiencing the black screen with the numbers briefly before pictures take their place.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Oct 30, 14 5:47 PM
I have not had issue with closing the quest progress not being saved. I was finished with part of multiple quests and closed out and came back. All of them show the progress that I left the game.

I am not sure what you mean about closing the Temple of the Gods. I just click on the map the same way I exit any other place.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Oct 30, 14 8:16 PM
I, too, lost quest progress during the actual update loading. But since then progress has been saved when I exit and restart. So that was just a temporary issue.

As for the Temple of the Gods, the game gave 5 Magic Marbles to start and you had to place them on one of the statues. As it was free, it was not a big deal to place them. I was curious about it, anyway. After that, you could exit by clicking on the map.

Sorry to hear others having problems playing. I haven't had any problems.

MyXeBu4yS
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by MyXeBu4yS on Oct 30, 14 10:52 PM
I also have no problems.
Play in new update, it feels good.

[Post New]by robingranny59 on Oct 31, 14 2:59 AM
still can not find electrical tape to complete mission but found a rabbits foot instead, will they fix the earlier bugs or do I have to start the game over again?

OwlCat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

October 28 2014 Update has tons of bugs

[Post New]by OwlCat on Oct 31, 14 9:12 AM
Lilac43 wrote:1. If you have partially completed a quest that involves giving items, all your "give" progress is lost if you close the game and restart later. This is a new change.

Just go on with the mission, once you finish it, it shows your real progress.
Same thing had me puzzled with 3 missions, but I just went on and finished them. It's all OK, just the "check" mark is not there.

[Post New]by DanaCristiana on Oct 31, 14 12:46 PM
Well, thank you so much for telling me! I'm not going to update the game. You know what? This one is really good

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Oct 31, 14 4:08 PM
One good thing about the new update is that Carnival at the Rio costs only 42 energy to play (down from 62, if I remember correctly), just like the other scenes! Might be the same for the polar scene, but I haven't got to level 5, yet, so I can't say for sure.

I have had no ongoing bugs; game is playing smoothly. I am enjoying it more than before. Chests from the Temple of Gods are a nice plus.

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 4:11:15 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 3, 14 7:23 AM
Hey there,

I'm really sorry to see a few of you are having trouble with the game saving your quest progress after closing the game, lost progress after downloading the update, and other issues

If you're having trouble with a black screen or a message saying the game has stopped working, please check out the help article below for some possible troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't quite do the trick, or if you're experiencing issues with saved progress in quests or any other issues, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to work with you to get things working correctly.

I hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

Go to: