gum_nut
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by gum_nut on Jul 15, 11 7:13 PM
[b]I wasn't going to buy this ,but after reading the reviews here I will demo it and methinks I will buy it as I am guided by the fishies here ,and they are usually right! Happy gaming to all fishies.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 16, 11 7:42 AM
I purchased this as a recent DD and although the game is beautiful and well made, I'm somewhat disappointed by the sheer amount of H0 scenes I've encountered so far. Although there is a story, this is not an adventure game interspersed with hidden object scenes but rather the opposite. I've just done 12 H0 scenes in a row and haven't progressed the story at all. All the scenes are lovely but revisited frequently.

It's a gorgeous game and I like the story (what little I've seen of it) but not one for snuggling up with in the late evening. Each scene is challenging and well put together but you have to sit up/focus to find the objects and it's scene after scene (after scene) of this.

Might wait until I'm more awake and give this a fairer review.

csfig0669
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by csfig0669 on Jul 19, 11 3:29 AM
Eye-pleasing imagery, good clear graphics. Some of the items in the HOGs were super hard for me to find what with my poor eyesight and the mysterious disappearance of my glasses to remedy the problem, but that was okay. I just took longer (more game time ), or if I got really fed up trying to find something, I'd cave in and use the hint.

I might have been more thrilled with the game, but I had a sound issue where it kicked out every few minutes. I could exit out and re-enter the game, and the sound would be fine, but that got tiresome after a while. It took away from my personal game experience, but that's just my own issue.

Otherwise, it was worth it.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:16 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by chiefbob911911 on Aug 1, 11 7:41 AM
Best game I have played in a long time, keep you thinking through out.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 1, 11 12:15 PM
I just finished playing this game for the second time and enjoyed it very much. As much as the first time. Usually I prefer fewer H0s and more adventure, but this game has a nice mix with an interesting story and interaction. And the puzzles were all doable. Well done Vogat.

MeMeStaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by MeMeStaz on Aug 23, 11 10:04 AM
Excellent Game! Will gift it to my friends!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Sep 10, 11 10:02 PM
I absolutely loved this game. It had a dark theme without being "dark", if that makes any sense. There were some humor bits, and the graphics are awesome.

I had to laugh at the little grunts and sounds the other characters made instead of having voiceovers.

I recommend it!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Sep 14, 11 3:30 AM
All I have to say about this game is ....BUY IT! It's like a long roller coaster of fun!!

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Sep 15, 11 6:16 PM
Great game. Long, excellent artwork, requires you to put on your thinking cap sometimes, but is also beautiful enough that just walking around the world is a pleasure.

It's the Catch of the Week this week, so for $2.99, it's a steal!

Also, I wonder if this means the sequel will be here soon. Can't wait for that!

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Sep 16, 11 11:21 AM
I agree with most of the comments listed before me...I think it looks like a great game, and----you can't beat the price...thanks BF--if not for you having the sale....I would not have seen this game...

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Sep 21, 11 10:04 PM
Just finished! I demo'ed this a while ago and forgot all about it until it was recently offered as the Catch of the Week. Definitely worth the $2.99 I spent!

It's creepy. It's also, as I described it to my husband, a little on the morbid side. Spoiler: EVERYONE DIES, except for you. (But they get better.) It's very compelling, though, and I had to see it through to the end. The graphics are excellent, and the character of the magician in particular amused me for some reason.

A couple of minor quibbles: The H0 scenes are, in my opinion, a little too difficult. I used a lot of hints. There were a few scenes where I couldn't figure out what I was being asked to find, and in one the hint actually went to the wrong part of the scene - I was down to one last item, the kiwi fruit, and it kept pointing me to the middle of the table when the kiwi was actually off to the right. Also, toward the end, there's an annoying-as-anything grammar mistake in a line of dialogue; one character says "I shouldn't of trusted him," and it should be "I shouldn't HAVE trusted him." That kind of thing bugs me and shakes me right out of my suspension of disbelief.

All in all, though, this was a great game. The ending makes me wonder if a sequel may be in the works...I wouldn't mind that!

bbflute
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bbflute on Sep 24, 11 5:26 PM
I keep entering the correct Codex code and nothing happens. It doesn't open. I go back to the lockers and get another code - enter it correctly - and nothing happens. Has anybody else experienced this?

[Post New]by Hermit_Fishy on Sep 30, 11 2:04 PM
Although the graphics are really nice on this game, it was rather annoying that it was so short and that there were way too many HOGs in it. If you are a pure HOG lover, than this will be right up your alley, but if you like a little more adventure, you might want to look elsewhere. There were also not very many places or areas of the game to explore. I counted only about 25 or so. The puzzles were not too hard, and the hint button recharges in about 1 minute. The objects in the HOG scenes were often very small or hidden in the shadows. I used the hint button more in this game than I have in any other game I have played so far in the HOG scenes. The ending was also short and unsatisfying. The game would also have been a lot better if there were voice overs. Moving on to the next game...

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Oct 21, 11 5:32 AM
Enjoyable game. A good game with a great story that you just have to keep playing to see how it ends. Also, I liked the puzzles in this game alot.

Sunshinej

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Nov 12, 11 10:40 AM
While I enjoyed playing this game, it wasn't my favorite. I thought the graphics were okay but not the best. Game play time was reasonably good though, so I can't complain about that aspect. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it was that didn't excite me about this game.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 29, 11 1:39 AM
Enjoyable game for the most part. Nice graphics, a few too many hidden object scenes for me, as almost all items needed in game come from them, but the scenes are not to difficult, so it doesn't become overly tedious. Most of the puzzles are easy-medium difficulty but enjoyable.

The main downfall of the game for me, was sometimes it was hard to figure out what to do next, which led to a lot backtracking, a map would have been helpful.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Dec 14, 11 9:29 PM
I also found this game to be enjoyable, but not compelling. It is an Adventure/H0G game, but it was too heavy on the H0Gs for me. Used a lot of hints just to get through the scenes. Only found one mis-labeled item (in one the last scenes). Otherwise, fine. H0Gs were junk piles and some items were very had to find (IMHO).

Interesting story. Good locations. Good to excellent graphics and music. No voice overs. Not a tremendous amount of walking around, until the end. Then, a lot of backtracking. Mini-games were pretty easy.

You really need to read the notes. A few times during the game, I had no idea what to do next. Had to read the notes and check the Walkthrough. Also, a few times, items were added to my inventory, but I did not notice. A bit weird.

Overall, I give this game a B. Fun but not great.

Edited on 12/14/2011 at 9:29:54 PM PST

[Post New]by anitehawk on Feb 27, 12 4:45 PM
gosh, after all the great reviews, I hate to be the one to put in a not so nice review. Actually, the graphics and music were great. what bothered me was the lag going from scene to scene. a totally blank screen for a few seconds every time you move or magnify gets annoying. made 20 minutes into the game but wont go further. Perhaps I just had a bad download or install?

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Sep 22, 12 7:19 AM
graphics a little dark at times. great mini games. really enjoyed well done big fish

Go to: