Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Oct 15, 11 7:57 AM
love love love this game... puzzles are some of the most challenging i've ever come across.... but having issues on the iPad... could not put certain pieces on inventory in spots in mini games, so had to hit skip button even after I figured out what to do... more of these types of games, please! LOVE that there are NO HOG's.... just adventure.... love that... my brain hurts.. but I love it...

axto
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by axto on Nov 14, 11 10:41 AM
I usually don't leave comments, and i have played a lot of crappy games - but i feel like i have to now because this one really takes the price. The sad thing is that it could, iun my opinion, probably have been an interesting game. The idea is not so bad and the story has got potential. But still this game makes the worst FREE games look EXPENSIVE. t's totally unplayable, don't download.

Not only does it lag like hell (well it was actually possible to move after taking the custom cursor away, as long as i didnt touch any items inside or outside the inventory), but also does it have a lot of other technical issues. It worked fine in the very beginning but was soon ruined. Eg, when i try to move the puzzle tiles they firstly don't want to move, and secondly - when i after 10 mins or so finally get them to move - they move back. Totally by themselves. Was this game even testplayed before it was released???

Now I'm off to play some good FREE games

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 2:07 PM
This game is a mystery adventure game with good **** scenes and a great story line.

The game will keep you on the edge as you progress on the mystery. No too challenging but fun enough.

[Post New]by chrisboc on Jan 6, 12 11:50 AM
I agree, this game is PAINFUL to play. I am uninstalling it.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 12, 12 1:43 AM
Just finished this game and feel ripped off. Was quite short. And lame. Blech. Waste of money.

[Post New]by libby_brawley on Mar 22, 12 12:33 AM
I can not get the blue candlestick into the devils holder! At the to if the screen, it says, "I skids the candle into the slot" (paraphrasing). I even tried starting all over again, under a different profile and still can't get the blue candlestick to work! I even tried to switch the colors around, but the blue one won't go into the angel's holder either. I love the game & its so frustrating to not be able to finish! I really don't want to have to stay over again... Does anyone know any tricks to getting past this? Am I doing something wrong? I'm about to just uninstall and give it a bad rating... Please help!

kpopluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kpopluv on Apr 2, 12 10:45 AM
i absolutely loved this game! i was able to test drive the sequel and never having played the first part, i just went ahead and bought it because i the loved the beta test to the second one. For a person who hates HOG, this one was more adventure than hidden object which i LOVED. the items that are hidden are actually necessary for you to continue. No constant junk piles here! The puzzles themselves weren't too hard and while the game was short (i think i finished in about 2-3 hours) it was well worth it.

I will be looking forward to buying the sequel! and if anyone can suggest any other games that are like this, it'd be great to know!

@libby_brawley- have you tried hovering over it until it says 'use item'? i think that's what i did for a lot of things to be sure i had it right. it popped right in to place with no problem for me.

[Post New]by mizcatt on Apr 11, 12 7:50 PM
I must be dumb as heck then bcuz Im on the second board and I have all this inventory and cant find nothing. Im completely stuck!!!!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on May 22, 12 1:24 PM
sorry big fish i did not like this game. music/sound effects were eerie. graphics very dark. some of the puzzles were very hard

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

great game

[Post New]by iamshiva on May 25, 12 4:55 PM
this is a great game! Is there a sequel?

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Jun 22, 12 8:43 AM
this was a good game to the end thanks BF

[Post New]by BlueHolocaust on Aug 30, 12 9:47 AM
I loved this one. It has gone straight to #1 on my "please make a sequel" list! Look what you guys did, you beat Brunhilda

Also... I am not easily scared. But I was pretty creeped out by this one...

(SPOILER ALERT)

...it's a toss-up what did it; between the witch's voice and her face!

[Post New]by ButterflyFish on Sep 29, 12 6:45 PM
Great game! Thank you for making it. I'm looking forward to a sequel, so don't let me down.

Aquarist
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Aquarist on Oct 4, 12 12:27 AM
aalaurie wrote:Almost didn't demo this game after reading the technical issues forum, but downloaded it to try anyway.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised to have no issues with this game. The cursor is fine and no trouble with the inventory. I am using XP and it seems to be compatible with all of the games I have tried so far (with the exception of one I tried a year ago) I would tell you the name of that game, but am having a senior moment and CRS is in the hall.

Overall, the game is engaging and funny. The brightness option is excellent. I only wish all of the developers would take a page out of this book and make it available in any future games with really dark screens.

I am off to buy it now. Would give it a 4 out of 5.

I greatly enjoyed this game, having just finished the iPad version. I did have some problems with applying items from the inventory to an object on the screen; sometimes the position needed is not what you expect. The atmosphere was excellent and I found the game most engrossing, to the extent that the ending came as a shock and rather unsatisfying. I have never been any good at puzzles and was thankful for the Skip button renewing so fast! I would buy a sequel but hope for a more upbeat ending next time.

[Post New]by dmikkelsen on Jul 19, 13 10:05 AM
Where is the empty beaker that goes on the Bunsen burner? I only have the beaker with the green poison. I went back and looked but couldn't find the empty beaker anywhere. Please someone help.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 17, 14 11:45 PM
Very, very compelling story, but unfortunately the game is clunky to play due to slow changes of scene. I loved the poetry on the headstones that turned out to be a clue and the other literary devices adding to the back story. It's all very mysterious so far (about 30 minutes into the demo).

I have a feeling this is a really old game, even older than 2010, which apparently was when BFG added it to their inventory.

Go to: