JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Jan 21, 11 10:26 PM
This is an incredible game, one of the rare ones that I can't find any "dislikes" about. The graphics are so beautiful that I've found myself clicking to a scene, going, "woah" and then just looking it over before I start to play (the best was standing at the edge of the woods, looking at the path to the cottage while it snowed.) This is in my "Top 5." I won't go over the tidbits of the game since others have commented on them, but if you're thinking of buying this one, GO DO IT! NOW! Why are you reading this yet? You should be playing this game!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Mar 12, 11 1:42 PM
What a phenomenal game! If you saw the original Broadway play, you'll recognize some similarities, but most of the game had its own twist. We played it slowly so we could enjoy the story, the music, and the outstanding graphics!

We only had to use the strategy guide 3 times. There was a lot of interaction between scenes. It made you think and remember where certain items belonged. There were over 30 areas to explore, plus the bonus game. A very helpful map and legend were provided that proved essential in guiding you to complete/incomplete areas. Even the minigames needed some brain power to complete!

The developers did an amazing job on this game. I hope there is a Part II. I'll be the first in line to buy it!

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Apr 27, 11 11:11 AM
I dearly LOVE this game and I await the arrival of its sequel.

To those who are asking why Lloyd-Webber's music is not in this game: the developers would have to get rights to that music, which would be quite expensive, so it was budget issues. The story, I believe, is in the public domain (I am almost sure, I'll have to research).

Also, Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice's "Phantom" is a remake, the music is not in the original.

1fantome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 1fantome on May 4, 11 5:22 PM
Have played many games-----none as good as this. Sequel, where are you???? Will purchase without the preview. I would love it if all it my fellow gamers would put on theit thinking caps and send me a list of their favorite games so we could all stop wasting our precious time on the mediocre stuff.

sqkylyndi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sqkylyndi on Jul 10, 11 9:09 AM
Loved it!!!! Though I could have lived without the chess minigame. Don't play chess, so it's the only one I had to skip. In my defense, I tried till the skip option came open.
Haaaaate how it ended though. Any news on a sequel? The CE was totally worth it as you do get a bonus quest.
Though, will have to play again, as I forgot to use the salt on the frozed chest in the cottage before getting the bow and arrow. Brilliant game!!!!!

lucyfres
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfres on Jul 24, 11 5:37 PM
This game was entertaining and not difficult at all. I purchased the collector's edition but found bonus play to be very short. I will probably play it again just to enjoy the artwork.....very pretty graphics. Thumbs up...good game.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Sep 6, 11 1:46 AM
This is a game I had originally skipped over. I played the demo and it didn't grab me for some reason BUT I bought it during the CE sale because I needed 3 more game credits to get a free game and this time around I LOVE IT!! The music is spooky and absolutely fits with the gameplay and it was beautiful. i was kind of hoping for an original score from the broadway play but the music given was a good substitute. usually I hate the music in these games and this is a soundtrack I wouldn't mind listening to. I was kind of bummed the score wasnt offered in the extras. The game took me sometime to complete and kept me fully engrossed the entire time. its one of those games I couldn't stop playing so its now 1:44am! I haven't had that happen to me in a longggg time. usually i get bored halfway through and have to take a breather so kudos for that. . I was a little disappointed with the ending as it kind of left it to anyone's guess what happened but thats kind of how the play is as well. A lot of unknown but overall I really enjoyed this game and I hope to see more from this developer as they make GREAT GAMES and have none of that formula crap other developers have gotten into. every game they release is different but great in its own way. Happy Gaming!

Edited on 09/18/2011 at 9:06:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Water_Babies on Sep 23, 11 8:50 AM
This game is quite well done and the ending leaves the door open for a sequel. The graphics are great. I'm not a huge fan of HOs, but think games in this class are worth the trade-off. All the hidden object scenes had some challenges, but the puzzles were very easy.

As I play games with the music turned off, I can't address that point.

As much as I liked this game, I don't think the Bonus game is worth the price. Basically, you are paying $6.99 for a mini sequence.

Would I recommend the standard edition? In a heartbeat.

Edited on 09/23/2011 at 8:51:32 AM PST

[Post New]by QualityReviews on Oct 5, 11 5:24 AM
Great Game fishies

[Post New]by bradleymsimmons on Nov 16, 11 1:03 AM
Rating Range: A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F
MY Overall Rating: B-
Time to Complete: Roughly 5-7 hours

I love the story of The Phantom of the Opera and was excited to get this game. I thought it was neat that it was a "sequel" to the original Phantom story. I played the demo first and wanted to see how it all ended, so purchased it.

The game does a good job of mixing adventure play with puzzles. Looking in your journal for clues to completing some of the puzzle challenges is crucial. Anyway, I liked the artwork and graphics a lot. The music wasn't too bad either. What brought my rating down a bit was the ending. Essentially, there's no resolution to your predicament at the end which has been the major complaint of many reviewers here. I thought when I started the bonus game THAT would be the resolution but alas, no. It was just more of the same and it really didn't make sense to include it, since it didn't forward the story at all. I can only hope the developers put out a sequel, so we can get this poor woman back home to her parents.

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 1:05:36 AM PST

Didn't Love It, But Pretty Good

[Post New]by HOGPlayer on Dec 22, 11 10:58 PM
On a scale of one to ten, I'd give this an eight. Most of the hidden object scenes were very good and I liked the silhouettes because many times I really needed them.

Very challenging searching and discovery and I had to use the guide a lot, which I didn't mind.

Contrary to what some others have said, I found the music unnecessary and distracting. The Phantom voice was appropriately creepy.

I enjoyed the puzzles even if I did have to go to the guide for answers.

Some of the graphics were very good, but some of the characters were depicted rather cartoonish.

Overall, a good game, but now I feel that the Collector's Editions of games might be unnecessary. The additional play isn't that interesting once the main game is finished. But I like that the end is left open for a sequel.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 4, 12 2:40 PM
Another Beautiful game in BF, nothing else to say.

Mardenoir
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Mardenoir on Jan 18, 12 6:54 PM
This game rocks! I totally in love with the art and gameplay itself!
Though the ending actually make me feel "It's done? What the hell happen?"

But overall, it's a really good game

[Post New]by nikkiopaige on Jan 22, 12 2:35 AM
hi everyone i just finished the game i thought it was good for i am only 16 and a big phantom fan but what i did not like about his game was that is was not the original story from the musical but the story was ok and that the ending i felt there is more to the story then what you came up with her trying to take off his mask and ending it there was not what i call an ending you left so many things unsaid like did she get out or did she stay did he find out that eveline was not christine but her child and did she ever she her family again or did christine finally give herself to the Phantom

thats just what i think but the game itself was good the design i loved christines dress was beautiful but i do think spliting the end of the game up is a no no

thanks for reading

Nikkio Paige

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Mar 14, 12 11:36 AM
nikkiopaige wrote:hi everyone i just finished the game i thought it was good for i am only 16 and a big phantom fan but what i did not like about his game was that is was not the original story from the musical

Actually, it WAS the original story, from the novel by Gaston Leroux.

Having recently re-read the novel, I just fell in love with the game all over again and am replaying (for the third time). Erik is wonderfully portrayed in this game...obsessive, possessive, total lack of a concept of good or evil, and quite definitely beyond the line of insanity. Just as he ought to be! I absolutely love the voice actor and his comments are spot on for the character. In the book, he even uses the phrase "You must love me!" right after Christine's gala debut and, in reading the book again, I could hear him say it just like in the game!

All in all, reading the book again got me playing the game again and I'm still as in love with both as before. Excellent job developers; excellent job BFG.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 26, 12 8:00 AM
this game is awesome!!! if you like HOS games, then this one is for you. -----doug and lisa

[Post New]by mounbao on Sep 12, 12 4:36 AM
i don't know why it end suddenly after i gave the final rose to him? is this the ending???

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 6, 12 2:37 PM
I didn't really enjoy it, but I think that's because I was on a different page than most of the players and, evidently, the developers. I felt no sympathy whatsoever for the Phantom, who was so deranged that he couldn't even tell the difference between the woman he was originally obsessed with and her daughter. I wanted Evelina to get the hell away from the crazy bastard who wanted to hold her (or her mother) prisoner forever and kill her father; to me, the Phantom was just a stalker and murderer, not a romantic hero.

And yes, I am familiar with the musical and I have read the original book. I know that you're supposed to sympathize with the Phantom. I didn't. I've been stalked, and it's not fun. I felt sorry for the girl, not for a lunatic who thought that he could force his prisoner to love him.

Isn't it about time that the media stopped trying to sell Stockholm Syndrome as romantic?

[Post New]by kmsim15 on Jan 2, 13 7:02 PM
I absolutely loved this game, Im always on the lookout for anything that is Phantom related, and this game didnt disappoint. It was also scarier than I had expected it to be, there were definitely parts of the game that made me jump. Now I fervently hope that the developers make a sequel.

[Post New]by EricaShadows on Oct 18, 13 11:54 PM
Please add my voice to the chorus for a sequel. This was an amazing game. Love the graphics, love the music, love the storyline. Just plain love it. I would absolutely get the sequel, especially if it was as good as the original.

Go to: