WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 24, 16 9:25 AM
robert1939 wrote:how do I uninstall this game so I can reinstall it to get a more current version?

Sorry about the late response, this is an old forum, not visited very frequently any more. An uninstall is simply deleting the game. You can click the trash can next to the game title to do that. Then reinstall by re-downloading the game from your Purchase History. Game progress should not be lost.

You can also view the Help page here: https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/492/related/1

(You must copy and paste the URL above, it is not a clickable link)

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by abbiee on Apr 26, 16 11:25 PM
I drained the coffin. But, I cannot find the year 1743 on the number puzzle board. I cannot do anymore of the game and it won't let me skip the puzzle. Can you help me?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 30, 16 10:35 PM
abbiee wrote:I drained the coffin. But, I cannot find the year 1743 on the number puzzle board. I cannot do anymore of the game and it won't let me skip the puzzle. Can you help me?

As mentioned in the post above yours this a very old forum and very few folks check in here anymore. There is an FAQs thread on the first page of this game's forum, however, that has the answers to most questions. Here's the Dates Puzzle info:

I can’t figure out the BIRTH DATE or the DATES PUZZLE in the coffin!
The death date is on the front of the mausoleum, blaze date and rebuild date should all be in your journal/casebook if you looked at all the newspaper clippings you came across in the game. The birth date takes several steps to discover. You MUST WIN at a game of checkers with Vinton in the Tavern, you may also hit the “Skip” button which counts as a win. But if you don’t beat him or hit “skip” you cannot progress. After you win he will tell you he will have a fax sent to you with info about the manor. Go to the den (where the computer is) and click on the fax, then click on the piece of paper in the fax. The birth date will be in the bottom right of the page and is handwritten. Once you look at the page from the fax the birth date will be entered in your journal. This is another randomly generated solution. You CANNOT use the solution from the strategy guide or the walkthrough, you can only use the date given to you by your game. Once you have entered all of the dates (vertically or horizontally only) you must click on the LEVER on the left of the number board.

[Post New]by Emeraldeyes79 on Jun 24, 16 9:36 PM
I need the t shape in the chandelier but the puzzle on the contraption in the attic is not showing up for me!!!! Help! Do I need to do something else first or is this some sort of glitch? I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days. The walkthrough does not show how to do this.

[Post New]by Hersheysmb on Aug 17, 16 2:25 AM
Hi

I am at the bonus edition. I had the flint and used it. I missed and accidentally backed out. I didn't give me the flint back nor does it give me a puzzle to find it again. Help

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Sep 19, 16 10:58 AM
I'm wondering why 13th Skull doesn't work with El Capitan. I know the specs say 10.4, but so do the specs for Dire Grove, and that game works perfectly with El Capitan. (I know because I just finished playing it 15 minutes ago.)

13th Skull installs and runs, but the initial cutscene is black (sound only) and so is the menu screen. Yes, I've tried un- and re-installing it. And my Flash etc. is up-to-date.

tylia2003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tylia2003 on Mar 14, 17 7:00 PM
coffin problem. have all dates and pulled lever not a thing happens. I think in want my money back. this is wasting time. I want to play this game, but can't.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 23, 17 9:37 PM
tylia2003 wrote:coffin problem. have all dates and pulled lever not a thing happens. I think in want my money back. this is wasting time. I want to play this game, but can't.
Hi tylia2003, I'm sorry you're having trouble with that puzzle. Perhaps this entry from the FAQs on the first page of this forum will help you:

I can’t figure out the BIRTH DATE or the DATES PUZZLE in the coffin!
The death date is on the front of the mausoleum, blaze date and rebuild date should all be in your journal/casebook if you looked at all the newspaper clippings you came across in the game. The birth date takes several steps to discover. You MUST WIN at a game of checkers with Vinton in the Tavern, you may also hit the “Skip” button which counts as a win. But if you don’t beat him or hit “skip” you cannot progress. After you win he will tell you he will have a fax sent to you with info about the manor. Go to the den (where the computer is) and click on the fax, then click on the piece of paper in the fax. The birth date will be in the bottom right of the page and is handwritten. Once you look at the page from the fax the birth date will be entered in your journal. This is another randomly generated solution. You CANNOT use the solution from the strategy guide or the walkthrough, you can only use the date given to you by your game. Once you have entered all of the dates (vertically or horizontally only) you must click on the LEVER on the left of the number board.

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by MandarinGoby on Jun 11, 17 9:46 AM
I'm trying to remove the weeds on the side of the mansion, but I keep getting kicked out after I cut the two purple flowers and start on the white ones. Please help.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 11, 17 9:16 PM
MandarinGoby wrote:I'm trying to remove the weeds on the side of the mansion, but I keep getting kicked out after I cut the two purple flowers and start on the white ones. Please help.
I'm not sure why it's kicking you out so soon - unless you're going reeeeeally slooooowly lol. I was never able to do it fast enough and always ended up skipping this mini game anyway.

Go to: