SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 21, 12 2:41 PM
butterflyqueen wrote:I've collected all of the tokens from zone 4. I'm trying to to save the drowning woman and get into zone 5. I've inserted the key in the door and got rid of the lock, but the tokens won't click into the spaces. What do I need to do to fix this? How do I "activate" them, or is that answer for something else?
You activate the tokens for zone 5 the same way as you activated the tokens for all other areas: by lining them up with the place on the screen that matches their image. Any token in particular you have trouble with?

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by butterflyqueen on Mar 22, 12 4:28 AM
Many thanks Severine! I've been out of the game for a while and had forgotten how this works. Great game and wonderful service from Big Fish!

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by chia21 on Apr 2, 12 1:30 PM
I've been working on the puzzle to enter the electric shock therapy room. I've completed the three stages to get the numbers (3, 9, 5), and have moved the chains down over the corresponding numbers on the rulers, but the door won't open. I've checked the walkthrough, and it should be in the correct position. I've also aligned the the chains and rulers so that the numbers are exactly in the middle of the eyes. Any ideas???

 
Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by Snaffled on Apr 19, 12 5:23 PM
need to enlarge opening in pie... dynamite from inventory just doesn't make sense...

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 19, 12 10:04 PM
Snaffled wrote:need to enlarge opening in pie... dynamite from inventory just doesn't make sense...
Did you open the locked red diary in Charles's cell in the asylum? You won't be able to put the dynamite in the pie until you've seen the instructions on how to do it.

 
BillFrugge
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by BillFrugge on May 6, 12 10:47 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:
Snaffled wrote:need to enlarge opening in pie... dynamite from inventory just doesn't make sense...
Did you open the locked red diary in Charles's cell in the asylum? You won't be able to put the dynamite in the pie until you've seen the instructions on how to do it.

Okay, this is really frustrating.

I have listened to the tape recording - Many times! He says that Charles' patient number is 7149. I've tried listening to it in its entirety, letting the tape run AND stopping the tape.

I still can't open the diary by entering 7149. I've even run all of the dials all the way around.

What else needs to be done?

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by claudiew on May 17, 12 1:58 AM
where do i find the screwdriver to open mummys head?

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 12 1:51 PM
claudiew wrote:where do i find the screwdriver to open mummys head?
Not a screwdriver but an ice pick. On a table by the door in the room where the record is playing.

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on May 24, 12 10:33 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
lynnypooh75 wrote:where do i get the tears


**SPOILER**

Try Victor's childhood home.

Charles, Charles' childhood home

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on May 24, 12 10:34 AM
Snaffled wrote:need to enlarge opening in pie... dynamite from inventory just doesn't make sense...

Have you read Charles' journal about blowing his mother up? It's in the asylums office

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on May 24, 12 10:45 AM
chia21 wrote:I've been working on the puzzle to enter the electric shock therapy room. I've completed the three stages to get the numbers (3, 9, 5), and have moved the chains down over the corresponding numbers on the rulers, but the door won't open. I've checked the walkthrough, and it should be in the correct position. I've also aligned the the chains and rulers so that the numbers are exactly in the middle of the eyes. Any ideas???

Try quoting the game and open it back up I was having a very similar problem with the coins in act 3

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SqueakyFish on May 30, 12 7:33 PM
The door that'll lead to (I think) the operation room...it's bugging me. Apparently, there is a simple pattern through this chess board where the knight's coin has to go to 23 different squares from the original start. The thing is though, when you first start it, the coin is on the ninth square and there are five possibilities on where the coin should move. Does it take a mathematician to try it? I believe so, and it might be a slightly easy task for that genius. I tell you, if you try to have an all-nighter just to figure out the pattern to the puzzle, you'd be A-wall. Best of luck to y'all; let me know how it works out for you, kay?

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 31, 12 4:45 AM
SqueakyFish wrote:The door that'll lead to (I think) the operation room...it's bugging me. Apparently, there is a simple pattern through this chess board where the knight's coin has to go to 23 different squares from the original start. The thing is though, when you first start it, the coin is on the ninth square and there are five possibilities on where the coin should move. Does it take a mathematician to try it? I believe so, and it might be a slightly easy task for that genius. I tell you, if you try to have an all-nighter just to figure out the pattern to the puzzle, you'd be A-wall. Best of luck to y'all; let me know how it works out for you, kay?
Just keep moving the knight around until all the squares have changed color. There isn't one specific solution. You can go over a square multiple times, it just means the color will change back the second time you're on it, so you'll have to go back at least a third time.

 
Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Jun 2, 12 10:36 PM
Spoilers read if you have finished this level or just like ruining your life
step 1. Play this level
Step 2. Watch nostalgia chicks review of the little mermaid
Step 3. Listen to at least 3 Disney protagonist songs
Step 4. Replay this level
Step 5. Relise Charles is basiclly a Disney princess
Step 6. Cry because all you've known and love has been shattered

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by SF_BAY_GAL on Aug 2, 12 4:08 PM
algania wrote:The dummy with the cards in the common room, I need to turn his head dial, but I do not have the screwdriver(?). Can someone pls tell me where I can get it from?

Thanks


I did not use a screwdriver. I used an ice pick. Look for that.

Edited on 08/02/2012 at 4:09:28 PM PST


 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by ValenciaMartin on Sep 6, 12 3:57 PM
I need help with the security doors with the random codes in the Asylum.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by goofylmy on Sep 6, 12 8:48 PM
when you get the code where do you put it I can't get to any door in the hallway with the hands

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 7, 12 2:44 AM
ValenciaMartin wrote:I need help with the security doors with the random codes in the Asylum.

On the previous page of this thread, page 15, are several answers to this question near the top of the page. You sound like you're having some difficulty with this game. Have you checked out the walkthrough? I recommend it! You can get some good help from that!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 7, 12 2:46 AM
goofylmy wrote:when you get the code where do you put it I can't get to any door in the hallway with the hands

Hi goofylmy! Welcome to the forums! When you enter the asylum, go right to go up the stairs, then take a right at the stained glass window - that will lead you to the hall with the waving hands.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for the Asylum (Zone 4)

[Post New]by dumbon on Sep 19, 12 6:55 PM
ptullock wrote:i cant figure out how to get back to the asylum after getting the wires..help

 
 
 
 
Go to: