Re:Rhiannon group play, starting 2nd June, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 10, 12 11:42 PM
Congratulations to Aquatic, Abiloo, Catfish girl and Grandmamum! Thanks for your lovely comments - they are much appreciated.

As for the Mabinogion - they are absolutely real Welsh legends. There are many more legends in the Mabinogion but four in particular tell the story about Pryderi and are known as the 'Four Branches of the Mabinogi'. It's called the Mabinogion as an English accident of translation because (so they say) when it was first translated by an English aristocrat - Lady Charlotte Guest, she thought that Mabinogi was a Welsh singular word for the legend and so extrapolated that the plural would have an 'on' added on the end - hence 'Mabinogion'. The stories were written down in Welsh in the 1100's but they weren't translated until the 19th century. There was a feud between Llwyd and Pryderi, however it petered out during their lives but we imagined what might have happened if Llwyd had kept to the letter of his threat, not to take revenge on Pryderi during his life and had instead taken his revenge in the after life. So the notion of the women called 'Rhiannon' being caught up in a spell to bind his soul is our invention.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 11, 12 12:09 AM
What a beautiful legend and an awesome imaginative game!!!!

I have finally muddled my way through Chapter 3 and as it is now after 3:00 a.m., quitting for the night and will resume with Chapter 4 tomorrow (later today, I guess).

Love the transformations!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 11, 12 3:48 AM
@Tidewaters Regarding making bread ** the bread pan is in the pantry, so you probably missed it. You don't need a sifter and and you don't heve to worry about the amounts, if you have the right ingredients it all works out. The only thing you have to watch is the order you add the ingredients. **
Regarding water article **the game can't check if you've actually read the article, so no matter how many times you read it, it stays on your short list untill you've no use for it anymore. And there is not such a book about water, so that you did dream up There is one with about the same title about trees. **

@sunshinej ** Regarding shield: this is one of those symbolic things, you are actually looking for a trophy that has the shape of a shield **

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 3:54:31 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 11, 12 6:51 AM
I was looking at the different threads in this forum and found this quote " There is a notepad that lists your objectives " What there is a notepad in game? How do you find it? Or does my version don't have one because my game is from a disc?

CfG... Thanks I found the ** shield **

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 11, 12 7:31 AM
sunshinej wrote:I was looking at the different threads in this forum and found this quote " There is a notepad that lists your objectives " What there is a notepad in game? How do you find it? Or does my version don't have one because my game is from a disc?

CfG... Thanks I found the ** shield **

Glad you found it!

Regarding the notepad: If you go to the bottem of your screen you should get the following options available:
Map, Info and Notes
The map is interactive and makes it possible to jump to locations you've already visited.
Infomation gives info about how the game plays and saves.
Your notepad is alot like in any ND game, it lists objectives and crosses them off once done. Every time a new objective is added you hear a chime and see a checkbox appear for a moment.

If you don't have these options something is fishy here

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 11:51:46 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 11, 12 7:40 AM
wow, I don't have anything like that.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 11, 12 8:51 AM
sunshinej wrote:wow, I don't have anything like that.

Maybe Karen can help out here, cause these options shouid be there. You do have an official copy of the game, I hope?
Did you by any chance alter screen resolution ar any?
If you don't have those options available and can't make them available somehow, that really sucks.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 11, 12 9:19 AM
I wonder ...
The BFG version is The Premium Edition. I wonder if sunshinej's disk version isn't.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 11, 12 10:24 AM
CfG...Thanks for your help but it probably is like Mr_Russ wrote. My disk just doesn't include that stuff and I wouldn't of known otherwise if I didn't go reading in some of the other threads.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 11, 12 11:24 AM
Thank you, Karen, for the information regarding the legend. You and your crew have a good imagination. This is a real nice game to play.

You didn't answer my other question though. Is the protagonist a paranormal investigator or just a really, really good and courageous friend?

Now I'll get back to the game. I already lost half of the day but I think I can move a lot faster now. I was beginning to understand how everything works before I went to bed last night.

Thanks Sunshinej for thinking about me. Now that my head is clear the navigation should be much easier.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 12 1:44 PM
Karen, thanks so much. OK that's 2 duh moments. Can't believe I didn't find a map and that it's a transporter map

a transporter map - oh I'm all giddy - off to find it and play with it now.
Thanks so much for putting a transporter map in!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 12 1:56 PM
I am so glad I asked about the map! I can't believe I didn't notice it before. As it was one of the main reasons I stopped playing before (as I couldn't get in my head where everything was) that and navigation, now both things are cured.

I have a detailed map (did I spend ages wandering around getting lost) and it's a transporter map. Sorry did I mention before I love transporter maps above anything?

Falling at your feet Karen worshiping you for putting in a map and a transporter one in a LF game. (that's me bowing at your feet )

sigh so happy

sunshine have you tried at different times in the game to see if there is a map icon? Sometimes mine doesn't show up.

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 1:58:47 PM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 11, 12 2:54 PM
Gingergal/ Sunshine Map icon doesn't show up when you have magnified in on something. Notes, however is always there. If Sunshine doesn't have either then something is definitely up. Hope Karen will come in and explain.

GMum xx

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 11, 12 3:43 PM
gingergal & GMum...If the map icon is along the bottom then no, I don't have it. Nothing is at bottom of screen at top is my inventory and menu button that has save, load, resume and quit.

I'll be okay though, I got to the 4th chapter without it.

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 3:45:26 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 11, 12 5:15 PM
Sunshinej, you have no "i" or "notes" at the bottom of your screen when you run your mouse over it? If you do, the map is to the left of them. That map is invaluable. I just remembered that the information "i" or help said that the map can take me to places immediately without me stumbling around to find my way. Gingergal is right about one thing, Karen and her team deserve a big hug for that map.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 11, 12 5:39 PM
Hardest Chapter thus far for me was Chapter 3, but I'm now into Chapter 4 and will see how that goes this evening. Thanks again for everyone's comments and hints, very much appreciated. Looks like there are at least 3-4 of us fairly close together in our playing. Tide

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 11, 12 6:08 PM
Tide - you will love Chapter 4 - one of my favorites.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 12 6:29 PM
Finished making bread (I forgot that the game does tell you when you enter a new chapter) better make real life meal. Hope to play some more later.

sorry sunshine that you can't see it and you tried changing your resolution as well?
If it makes you feel better there isn't a transporter map in the house which is tricky re navigation of the arrows - glad you are OK without it.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 11, 12 9:29 PM
Joyfullady - Yes, I absolutely loved Chapter 4. Maybe, because it was the easiest Chapter for me, aside from the rat posion. Now working on Chapter 5. Have all the symbolic things except the wand which I'm giving some thought to and figuring out the VoiceBox thingy.

The more I play this game it becomes much clearer and really into it. Also, really gives me an appreciation for the creative and imaginative work which went into this game. Certainly wish we had more similar to this (maybe we do and I just don't know it) Big KUDOS to the Developer. I'll be sad to see this one end and nothing will satisy me for awhile, but that is the beauty of a great game.

Well back to final push to the end.

Hoping everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 11, 12 9:50 PM
starting chapter 4.

I just had to remake the bread even though it had baked and I had taken it out of the oven at least I could remake it!

If the controls were a bit better, for example to get the salt I kept going over that cupboard but it had to be in the right spot before an icon opened up. And the arrows to get to the rooms, I missed a room when first playing as if you weren't in the exact spot it wouldn't change. And sometimes you are looking at an item and try and take it but it's in the wrong scene and you have to go along a scene and look at it the right way (like the planks in the storeroom).

Hopefully controls will be much improved in the next game.

Go to: