Re:Post any game related technical issues here only

[Post New]by hailstorm1200 on Jul 13, 15 11:10 PM
Hi, I'm having problems to deliver the horses to the French guy, every time I've tried this is what appears:

JSONParseError: Unexpected J 74 encountered Invalid JSON - Parse Error[Json Decode Failure:

[{"string":"Recover the Eiffel Tower","counter":"($1/1 Famous Towers Recovered)","requirements":"quest_data(1244,1) >= 1"}

Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Naniwa_man
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Naniwa_man on Jul 13, 15 11:20 PM
hailstorm1200 wrote:Hi, I'm having problems to deliver the horses to the French guy, every time I've tried this is what appears:

JSONParseError: Unexpected J 74 encountered Invalid JSON - Parse Error[Json Decode Failure:

[{"string":"Recover the Eiffel Tower","counter":"($1/1 Famous Towers Recovered)","requirements":"quest_data(1244,1) >= 1"}

Same?here.
Please debug before the event time expires.

Thanks.

Naniwa_man
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Naniwa_man on Jul 13, 15 11:55 PM
Naniwa_man wrote:
hailstorm1200 wrote:Hi, I'm having problems to deliver the horses to the French guy, every time I've tried this is what appears:

Same?here.
Please debug before the event time expires.

Thanks.

Now fixed! Thanks a lot!

Edited on 07/14/2015 at 12:03:09 AM PST

SIMMOJU
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by SIMMOJU on Jul 15, 15 1:34 AM
I am having a very hard time loading the game ,is DJ Arts server down?I am in Australia local time 6:30 pm

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 15, 15 2:39 PM
I am in the avalanche runout and getting lots of lag hangups as well as this:

JSONParseError: Unexpected E 69 encountered Invalid JSON - Parse Error[Error: Connecting to invalid database in Db->getDb(LOCAL_PLAY_SERVER_ID

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 24, 15 6:37 AM
@erika, I am having trouble on AI. I keep getting "You are not connected to the multiplayer server" Whenever that has happened before I hit reconnect and am connected again. Today it doesn't work and I reloaded the game and deleted the cache, but still not working. This would not bother me at all if the doody would appear! So I can't finish the quests.

Thanks.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jul 24, 15 11:24 AM
HorseDancer1 wrote:@erika, I am having trouble on AI. I keep getting "You are not connected to the multiplayer server" Whenever that has happened before I hit reconnect and am connected again. Today it doesn't work and I reloaded the game and deleted the cache, but still not working. This would not bother me at all if the doody would appear! So I can't finish the quests.

Thanks.

Hi Dancer,

We've restarted the chat server a few times today. Give it a try.

Otherwise, you can put in a help and support ticket.

Erika

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 25, 15 4:49 PM
Thanks Erika, ticket is in!

Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 87656798568 on Jul 31, 15 4:33 AM
I've discovered a dialoge error. In the Nate adventure in the Dense Forest, when you are looking for the yellow jewels for the last stature, clicking on the statue reveals the following dialoge:

Did you find the jewels to activate the statue? The field west of here should be full of them.

However clicking on Nate reveals the following dialoge:

Okay, we know the jewels are in the field east of here. Just gather them and bring them back to the statue. After that the treasure is ours.

As there is no field to the east, the Nate dialoge should read west and not east, unless of course this is just Nate not knowing what he is saying/doing.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jul 31, 15 10:52 AM
Thanks 876.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Aug 4, 15 1:48 PM
Erika, FYI game issues to pass on: After entering the base camp hockey rink, I would not stop sliding everywhere my char walked, including inside the second field. The only thing that stopped the sliding was to click on the bushes and to stop it altogether, I had to refresh a few times.

After planting super blueberries the last 3 times it shows more blueberries to plant (but I had already planted them all) and then, I have an “Error applying purchase effect” and it freezes, so have to refresh game.

When finished the Mountain Peak, when the princess says let's get out of here and you both toodle but she continues on further south while my char stays at the bottom of the mountain area, it is disconcerting. There was no hint to check in with the town crier as there was in 2 previous times when the game took a different turn. I did eventually think to go to the crier, but he said, go meet Nate at the base camp ice cave and I remembered seeing the sign that said the cave would be used later, so went searching through the base camp to find it. I actually did not mind doing that so much UNTIL I saw later that there is actually an ice cave icon ON THE MAP! (the town crier might have mentioned that, to help players understand they have actually unlocked an area on the world map…)

The chat on AI works only intermittently ...about 1 in 4 times. I now have to say "test" when I enter because if I don't someone inevitably says hi and I can't reply. Is this an issue with others, because I don't see anyone else reporting it.

The quest tab still says "Taban's Teleporter seems to have dumped you somewhere in old Bushwhackia! What a treat! Complete the puzzle in the field here for a special prize!" but there is no special prize.

The conversation between my character and the guy Tony and his GF in the lower evergreen 5th field makes no sense, has no relation to the game and literally sounds like they are trying to get me to ummm "try something." Unless it is a teleporter that I will discover in the bushes before I leave (and I have a feeling that is not what they are talking about...) that dialogue should be struck. How weird and disappointing to have waited that long to finally see what might transpire in the game between the two people near their tents and to have NOTHING be the result.

Edited on 08/04/2015 at 9:34:58 PM PST

[Post New]by hrsegirlj on Aug 6, 15 2:53 PM
I seem to have a world map glitch. For some reason in any browser (safari, firefox and chrome so far) when I open the world map it only appears in the top left 1/4 of the screen. I drag it around that 1/4 corner but it won't let me see the whole map so I currently can't access the level I'm on and don't know how to get to it. thanks!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 6, 15 4:20 PM
@ Kitty: The ice thing is on the bug fix list. I can add the blueberries thing to the flash fix list as well. The Town Crier will always tell you about a Nate or Kaine quest. The icon on the map only activates once you enter the area related to the quest. The AI chat thing is your internet. The special prize from Taban was the Achievement.

@ hrsegirlj: Put in a ticket using help and support in the footer of the game and we can take a look.

Edited on 08/11/2015 at 10:51:47 AM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Aug 14, 15 10:24 AM
erika_kramer1 wrote:@ Kitty: The ice thing is on the bug fix list. I can add the blueberries thing to the flash fix list as well. The Town Crier will always tell you about a Nate or Kaine quest. The icon on the map only activates once you enter the area related to the quest. The AI chat thing is your internet. The special prize from Taban was the Achievement.

@ hrsegirlj: Put in a ticket using help and support in the footer of the game and we can take a look.

Thanks for finally adding staccato "answers"to a few questions in an EDIT ... after I complained in a ticket that you rarely answer questions, do not update and only go to chat on a daily basis whilst disregarding technical ( a month between answering questions is unacceptable) or not even adding 2 updates that everyone else got.

The ice thing is on the bug list? It is a 3 year old "update." How long has the ghosting of characters been on the buglist that cause characters to be 6 days in the same positon on Amicus Isle while their character is elsewhere playing?

The town crier had no yellow exclamation on him so you are wrong. NOTHING is the same as normal. You finish the area North, but you go South with the princess and STOP. There is no key, no hint, no direction, no guidance, no gate, no hint, no clue. The game leaves your character alone with nothing to assist you. Like I said, I DID eventually go talk to the town crier but there should be some indication of PROGRESSION in the game. You are relying on Wiki far too much as guidance. I should be able to figure it out without having to constantly check Wiki!

It is my internet that is causing the AI chat to be intermittent and not your servers? Let me guess, you know that for certain because I am the only one who ever complained about it ? So, pray tell what happened in the last month to make "my Internet" suddenly alter the "chat thing" on Amicus Isle? I really am waiting with baited breath for your technical answer.

An achievement is a special prize?

If anyone wonders why I am bugged about the game ATM, It is because my tickets were left unanswered for weeks, until I sent in an angry one, which means they were read ... yet not answered.

I was also told that the forums are not the place to expect help ... ONLY CHAT as that is where Erika is for her shift. (I have never read that anywhere before!) I am no longer contributing to forums, except to complain here and hope for an answer.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 14, 15 5:05 PM
Given that there are very few areas in the game where there are ice tiles, and that the company has always had 3-4 games in live production at the same time with one Flash developer, it hasn't been a prudent use of company resources to spend a day or two tracking down the code responsible for continuous sliding. Most players have fun with it.

The issues with Amicus Isle chat are usually client side unless you see everyone in game chat complaining that they can't connect. Internet is usually the first culprit, either from spotty wi-fi to your ISP having trouble connecting to the chat port that day or something being cached that shouldn't be. Sometimes it's related to needing to restart your computer or a myriad other reasons that are unique on a player by player case.

The quest tracker in the Mountain Peak when you find the Princess mentions heading to the Terrifying Traverse, but it does disappear. That transition could be a little clearer, yes, but exploring the area would turn up the exit the princess took, if you didn't want to resort to the wiki. Most area exits are marked quite well.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Aug 15, 15 11:29 AM
@erika_kramer1

The only thing I have read anywhere from players is they hated the Nate quest and the sliding puzzles. Sliding as it was meant to be WAS fun the first time. Sliding from area to area and not knowing how to stop the sliding, having it recur every time you slide, and then also have to deal with so many ice puzzles to finally get out of that area and Nate was not fun at all. It was at best irritating, and your carrot on a stick of the nate quest of 5 treasure chests being full of ice cubes was just horrible. That you say most of the players enjoyed sliding outside of the ice areas and puzzles is interesting. Can you lead me to where the results of that survey you took is printed? I have read nothing but complaints on the forums here and elsewhere and on Wiki.

You think it is my computer and your technical answer is I should restart it because not having chat will be resolved if I do that? Um no...I doubt I will see everyone in game complaining about chat as it is rarely used. The only time I regularly see players chat is when they are complaining about the players AFK or "ghosting" ... both which should be fixed. I have stopped helping players by making sure I am on an Isle where no one will ever ask for help and I won't see the crowded server glitches ... ignoring a problem really does make it go away, doesn't it?

I did explore the area. I spent a great deal of time there clearing the fields, doing the horrible Nate quest and the bonus area, thinking that would trigger some message but all that did was further confuse me. I also am aware that the rest of the game (thus far) at least had a semblance of game progression and stated that. PS: The answer is, "Yes the transition SHOULD be clearer and is easily corrected, so thanks for bringing that to our attention." I have already completed it. Telling you does nothing to help me, but SHOULD make you realize there is a problem that needs to be fixed so others can be helped. Being I have read on this forum, other forums and Wiki, that players have complained for years, perhaps let's not make this about me...

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 12:19:48 PM PST

Game won't run from Game Manager

[Post New]by loribild on Aug 15, 15 7:10 PM
Today when I try to run the game from the Game Manager I get this error 'Failed to load user data. Please refresh and/or try loading the game in a different web browser.' I get the same error on Internet Explorer or Chrome. I can play it in the Online Games from the Big Fish website but it's smaller and harder for me to see.

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Aug 15, 15 9:20 PM
I realize this is a 'technical' thread but just have to say...some of the problems that have been mentioned lately in this thread...are not at all technical...just bitching cause they can and are uncomfortable with the game...perhaps a bit bored.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, but it certainly didn't take me many trips to Wiki 'whatever' to figure this game out or at least some of the difficult areas. I usually looked to this forum's many pages of information and answers before going to Wiki. We are very fortunate to have a wealth of information within this forum if we care to take the time to look back. Recipes too!!!

I believe Erika and all the developers of this game have given a great deal of time and effort for us to be comfortable and entertained...sure, we may have a few problems but I've never been left without an answer when 'writing a ticket'...ever! I have been playing this game nonstop for a very long time and enjoyed most every minute.

Sometimes it's not just all about 'me'...sometimes you just need to see the whole picture!

Teddy

Edited on 08/15/2015 at 10:14:44 PM PST

MIRILU
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MIRILU on Aug 16, 15 7:10 AM
@Teddyfish

I believe Erika and all the developers of this game have given a great deal of time and effort for us to be comfortable and entertained...sure, we may have a few problems but I've never been left without an answer when 'writing a ticket'...ever! I have been playing this game nonstop for a very long time and enjoyed most every minute.

Absolutely agree with you, thank you for posting that

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Aug 16, 15 7:49 PM
@Teddyfish, I have never been bored in my life, so you assume incorrectly. It is exactly as I stated. I would have made a bug report, but you see, there is no sticky that asks for bugs, only technical.

YOU may have had no problems in game but then it isn't about You as you stated. Bugs should be reported. Why? Because most game makers will do their utmost to fix them. If they do not wish to hear the same bugs over and over they should have a list of bugs not to report as other games do.

If you have been here a long time, then that area may well have been an update in "your time" and that may be why you did not have a problem. Progression is pretty easy when the next step is outlined in an update and news. Your assumption that I didn't check are wrong. I read every post here and on the web that I could find and I used several search items to be sure I hit them all.

The other sites answers from developers is to check Wiki. Wiki does not discus progression because there is none to discuss. it simply lists Islands and areas.

Edited to add: Here is the Mission "help" from Wiki, outlining what your next mission is. \ Read it very carefully so you can assist others in the future... /

"You've rescued the Princess from the Ice Wizard and escaped from the peak. Now it's time to get back to shore and start making your way back to your homeland. The Princess thinks she knows a short-cut through the Haunted Forest to the south. Help her get through the Terrifying Traverse are in the Snowy Mountains."

Being this is a technical thread and there is no bug report thread, I think my posts are far more relevant as they are issues with the game. Expressing that you have never had a problem finding anything, with bugs or glitches, and have YOUR tickets answered always and have loved every minute of the game is a discussion post, not technical either...

(edited for a grammar error)

Edited on 09/19/2015 at 10:37:14 AM PST

Go to: