grandmabw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by grandmabw on Nov 18, 13 6:18 PM
My screen flickered off and on for several days about 2 weeks ago but is fine now. Don't know what changed except the new version.
I am still disturbed that I have not gotten prizes that I won with achievements. I am not able to get to the next level in friends because it won't give me any more names. Also on the achievement of getting trophies in the cities, by my count it is about 20 trophies behind. What can we do to get these things straight?

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Nov 18, 13 7:50 PM
I don't know if anyone else has already reported this, I apologize if it's a double. Over the past couple of days I have noticed a bunch of my neighbors are now dubbed "unnamed". Now they had names until 2 days ago, and suddenly at least 15 of my friends are now "unnamed", and I have no idea who is whom anymore. I am also seeing at least one "unnamed" in each group of 5 friend invites daily.

A friend of mine in the game has had this issue for awhile, and CS has not been able to provide a fix for it as of now, but if it is suddenly happening to a lot more players, then CS needs to be informed and they need to figure out how to get the names back.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 18, 13 7:59 PM
As one of the original Unnamed players, I have to second this - BFG and BZ need to be able to correct this somehow. Quickly, please. Am at level 61 and do not want to start over, plus we are in the midst of the Thanksgiving quests. So please BFG, figure this out.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 9:55:23 PM PST

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 19, 13 2:47 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

Thank you for continuing to bring these matters to our attention, please let me assure you that we are listening and passing them along to the developers who are able to investigate and resolve these issues that are impacting customers.

The nature of the game does mean that for fixes to be applied to resolve issues the game itself does need to be updated. A lot of testing is done beforehand, but we do appreciate your patience when things go awry.

If you have been having issues and haven't already done so, please reach out to Customer Support and let them know which version you have installed, as much as you can about what is happening and we'll continue to work with the developers to resolve these matter.

bfgMurrumbidge
With every new update it seems the game gets worse. I did contact customer support and got the standard un-install, re-install and/or check administrator. Outside of not enough quests and the freezing in the auction the game wasn't running as bad as it now. After the first update, I could no longer play the sub scenes except for the original ones I opened prior to the first update. With each update, some scenes have been unlocked as if by magic, which I assume is going to cause me more problems. The auction is still freezing. I just want to throw my hands up in the air from sheer frustration. If I had not invested real money, I would have un-installed this game. I am only playing now to get the benefit of the Thanksgiving theme, but it's very boring because the HO scenes are the original ones, over and over in different modes. Why not just put a hold on this game until all the bugs are ironed out. Going by the comments in this forum and talking to my "new friends", I am not the only one upset with BF.

[Post New]by ScotEmpress on Nov 19, 13 2:50 PM
I am not getting credit for playing in picky shopper mode. I have done it at least 3 times but it's not showing up on my achievements.

dddggggddd
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Watch list

[Post New]by dddggggddd on Nov 19, 13 3:56 PM
it appears that once you put an item on the watch list even if you delete it later it still appears. Can you find some way of removing it permanently would appreciate this however it is defiantly not a show stopper

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 20, 13 3:29 AM
Well, no surprise here.......... I was completing my 7th Thanksgiving quest, which was to either upgrade or customize the Antique Shop. I had maximum upgrade so I customized, which took 15 hours. I came back to the game to find that my turkey icon was dark. I sure didn't like the look of that. I clicked it anyway and had my "check mark" for completed quest. I was looking forward to seeing the thanksgiving owl ,well, dream on, I was neither rewarded nor credited with this achieve ment. So I'm thinking "WHAT ELSE IS NEW". Outside of the auction, this game played better for me with the original version. With each update it seems that the problems are so much worse.

1. Outside of the original mini scenes I opened before the first update, I do not get any other mini scenes with HO play.
2. Some mini scenes have magically opened, still doesn't matter can't play them.
3. I haven't gotten any quests to open sub scenes in cities that I am working on the master level.
4. Auction still freezes up if I'm in there too long, therefore I have to quit and start again.
5. It seems that because I can't access the mini scenes, I can't get some of the platinum collections which show in the cities.
6. Have lost energy and gold because of freezing scenes and mini games.
7. AND now, I am not getting credited with reward and achievement with Thanksgiving theme.
8. I am so angry with myself for spending real money because it makes this whole situation worse.

Contacted tech support, they suggested I re-install..that didn't work, now they have asked me to use Dr. Felix for a diagnostic report. They tell me it won't fix the problem, but that they can get basic information about my computer. I am not optimistic that will make any difference at all. Every subsequent update should have fixed at least one thing, but instead, it just made it worse for me.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 4:06:46 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 20, 13 7:22 AM
Lost $9000 in Auctions between 10:00AM and 10:15 AM EST on 11/20/13.

I have read many posts of this happening to others but today is the first time it has happened to me. Because of such issues I always keep a log of what I have, what it sells for and what I received. I also do not play the game while auctions are occurring, this way my money and items remain static.

I started with $69,932. I auctioned three items, all of which were purchased at the Buyout Price, within two minutes of posting, for which I have the notifications or purchase. The items were:

Crimson Devil, purchased by "Purple Tiger" for $5000, payment not received
Stovepipe Hat, purchased by "sadievickie" for $4000 payment not received
Flowing Elegance of Gold, purchased by "BLBL" for $3000, payment received.

All items were removed from my inventory and I now have $72,932.

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Nov 20, 13 7:48 AM
I have now only auctioned one item at a time and don't play any mini games or cities while my auctions are in and so far I have gotten paid that way and I always auction the hard to get ones to and they usually are bought right away so it doesn't take long

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 20, 13 7:55 AM
JB4510 wrote:Lost $9000 in Auctions between 10:00AM and 10:15 AM EST on 11/20/13.

I have read many posts of this happening to others but today is the first time it has happened to me. Because of such issues I always keep a log of what I have, what it sells for and what I received. I also do not play the game while auctions are occurring, this way my money and items remain static.

I started with $69,932. I auctioned three items, all of which were purchased at the Buyout Price, within two minutes of posting, for which I have the notifications or purchase. The items were:

That happened to me today also, I was just about to post when I saw yours.
If you see my post above, you will note that I've had nothing but problems, but I was always paid for my auctioned items. I auctioned off 2 Shakes and they were purchased with the buy out price. I got the notifification as well, but didn't get the money, which is quite a bit. Ticks me right off.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 20, 13 7:57 AM
JB4510 wrote:Lost $9000 in Auctions between 10:00AM and 10:15 AM EST on 11/20/13.

If you see my post above, you will note that I've had nothing but problems, but I was always paid for my auctioned items. I auctioned off 2 Shakes and they were purchased with the buy out price. I got the notifification as well, but didn't get the money, which is quite a bit. Ticks me right off.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 20, 13 8:04 AM
HHSan wrote:Well, no surprise here.......... I was completing my 7th Thanksgiving quest, which was to either upgrade or customize the Antique Shop. I had maximum upgrade so I customized, which took 15 hours. I came back to the game to find that my turkey icon was dark. I sure didn't like the look of that. I clicked it anyway and had my "check mark" for completed quest. I was looking forward to seeing the thanksgiving owl ,well, dream on, I was neither rewarded nor credited with this achieve ment. So I'm thinking "WHAT ELSE IS NEW". Outside of the auction, this game played better for me with the original version. With each update it seems that the problems are so much worse.

1. Outside of the original mini scenes I opened before the first update, I do not get any other mini scenes with HO play.
2. Some mini scenes have magically opened, still doesn't matter can't play them.
3. I haven't gotten any quests to open sub scenes in cities that I am working on the master level.
4. Auction still freezes up if I'm in there too long, therefore I have to quit and start again.
5. It seems that because I can't access the mini scenes, I can't get some of the platinum collections which show in the cities.
6. Have lost energy and gold because of freezing scenes and mini games.
7. AND now, I am not getting credited with reward and achievement with Thanksgiving theme.
8. I am so angry with myself for spending real money because it makes this whole situation worse.

Contacted tech support, they suggested I re-install..that didn't work, now they have asked me to use Dr. Felix for a diagnostic report. They tell me it won't fix the problem, but that they can get basic information about my computer. I am not optimistic that will make any difference at all. Every subsequent update should have fixed at least one thing, but instead, it just made it worse for me.

Same thing happened to me. My thankgiving quest icon went away and I did NOT get credit for customizing antique shop which was already at highest level. Also Never got a new quest for today either.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 8:07:22 AM PST

[Post New]by snowfreak413 on Nov 20, 13 9:14 AM
I just found another issue with the auction house today. I bid on 2 items for right around $5,000.00 and the money was deducted from me right away (no problem), about 1 hour later I was noteifyed that I had been outbid but no money was returned to me, now 3 hours later still no money returned (BIG PROBLEM) and I have shut the game down and restarted it 3 times to see if that would help. if they can deduct the money instantly than they can return it the same way, but to not return it at all is just a rip off. from what I see the auction is just a rip off, you don't get paid for items that you sell or get the item back and now you don't get your money back for items you bid on but don't win. the only safe thing in the auction house is to use the buyout price but for some reason a lot of people can list things without putting in a buyout price (not me, it will not let me list anything untill I put in a buyout price).

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 20, 13 9:48 AM

Hi! This is PurpleTiger responding to your email. I did buy the Crimson Devil from you this morning. The money was taken from my account and I did receive the item. I dont know why you didnt get the coins for it. But it didnt happen on my end. Everything seems ok on this end. Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling? Ive done that several times and it seemed to fix some of my earlier issues. You will NOT lose your progress in the game. I have plenty of coins. Let me know if you want me to try to buy something else to see what happens. I hope you get this worked out.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 20, 13 9:50 AM
HHSan wrote:

Hi! This is PurpleTiger responding to your email. I did buy the Crimson Devil from you this morning. The money was taken from my account and I did receive the item. I dont know why you didnt get the coins for it. But it didnt happen on my end. Everything seems ok on this end. Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling? Ive done that several times and it seemed to fix some of my earlier issues. You will NOT lose your progress in the game. I have plenty of coins. Let me know if you want me to try to buy something else to see what happens. I hope you get this worked out.

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Nov 20, 13 10:05 AM
I just lost 12 gold while playing a mini-game I would like it returned please.

[Post New]by ScotEmpress on Nov 20, 13 1:40 PM
Picky Shopper Mode

I'm playing on a Windows 8 PC. I am still not receiving credit in the Achievements section for having played in Picky Shopper mode. It's now up to at least 7 times and the game shows me as being at zero.

h_o_addict
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by h_o_addict on Nov 20, 13 4:00 PM
I've also had the same issue with the thanksgiving quests. The upgrade the auction house quest went a bit funny, and came up with 'okay' when finished instead of clarim reward or whatever it usually says. I received no reward for completing it, and have since had no new quests to do (48 hours - so should have had yesterdays and todays quests by now).
Very dissappointed.

[Post New]by chatandchew on Nov 20, 13 4:32 PM
second night that the game froze in two different locations. tonight in Red Mine, last night Doll Shop. Lost energy points that I had use.

[Post New]by snowfreak413 on Nov 20, 13 5:06 PM
now when I buy gold bars for REAL MONEY they take my money (for real on my credit card) but won't give me the gold bars. this happened twice today, the first time I thought it was my computer so I cancled the order and tryed again about an hour later and was charged for them again but still haven't recieved them. STEELING MONEY IN THE UNITED STATES IS A CRIME AND IS PUNISHABLE IN THE COURTS.

Go to: