Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by NorwegianWood on Jul 13, 15 12:24 PM
Morgana33 wrote:I had the same issue of getting to the purring cat and being booted out to desktop, I did a Dr Felix and read the report to see if one of my apps was causing the problem and found that the AMD Raptr application was the culprit so I stopped the application and now can play the game fine.
Hope this helps someone
I'm running win 7 Home ed. 64bit.Desktop pc.

Yesyesyes - this worked for me too !! Did not have to uninstall, just disable the application, and now I can play without any problems, it seems ! Thank you ever so much for letting us know about this !

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 14, 15 5:01 AM
@ Morgana

Thanks so much for posting the tip about the AMD Rapt application! I have that on my computer (Win 8.1, 64 bit pc) and never even thought it might be causing the problem.

I got my DH to disable it for me, re-downloaded the demo (for the 3rd time), held my breath, and pressed the play button. Woohoo! It worked!

I have now played the demo, enjoyed it thoroughly, and purchased the full game, using the Sale code - bargain, lol.

Thanks again - I had about given up hope of ever playing this game.

Jen

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Jul 14, 15 10:42 AM
Can't find that app on my pc but still can't play the game!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by hulder333 on Jul 14, 15 12:14 PM
Same here.

[Post New]by xsilentwolfx on Jul 15, 15 2:19 AM
Raptr is a program used by pc gamers to track and log their hours in games like diablo or world of warcraft and yes if you have downloaded it best bet is to disable it as it seems to be mucking with this game a bit

[Post New]by Duchess518 on Jul 15, 15 9:33 AM
I cannot get the fishing pole to pick up the water lily or the bottle.

I've tried for at least (on and off) for approximately 25 mins and can't pick up the item.
What's wrong??

[Post New]by cliknaroun on Jul 16, 15 6:20 PM
have windows 8.1. am not able to attach the clock hand, the guy is a no-show altho clearly, he is the one to put it up there.

Linche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Linche on Jul 16, 15 11:52 PM
I too foolishly bought this because I thought the update would have fixed things. I actually have been able to play the game - but only after I figured out that you can't select anything with the curser ON the button or object. What a pain! Also to place something. You have to find some EXACT spot so it takes many, many tries. Now I'm at a place where "the guy" is telling me I missed something (assuming it's a key to a door) but I've looked and looked and can't find it. So I don't know if it's me or if it's yet another glitch in this horror-show of a game. (Windows 7).

I'm sure if I (or you) contact Tech support, they'll issue a credit but, like others, I want to finish this game.

There isn't even a walk-through.

Most of all, I'm shocked Tech Support has posted nothing here. Yes, *procedure* is to contact them but the game forum does say to post technical issues here. And, boy, have we all.

I've been a member forever too and would hate to add up all I've spend at Big Fish. All these discounts lately are making me wonder if their in trouble and have let go some staff or something.

I can't believe it takes this long to contact the developer and get this mess fixed.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jul 18, 15 7:15 AM
I use Windows 8.1 and I played the game twice, and it played OK the second time, but when I played the bonus game, it won't play properly, I can't do a thing, I've tried several times, is anyone else having any problems?

[Post New]by Meredith43 on Jul 18, 15 8:50 AM
Failure to launch!
Like everyone else, the game closes Game Manager, but then boots right back to manager again. Reloading makes no difference. Running Windows 7. Fix it or refund, for heaven's sake!

[Post New]by dwasham on Jul 19, 15 3:08 AM
I have had nothing but problems with this game. Hints are frozen, was able to get skips to work but not hints, this is even when showing that I have hints available. Now I am on the dress part and totally stuck, I have never given a game as low of a rating as this one. I hate that I paid for the CE of this.

fv510
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by fv510 on Jul 19, 15 3:15 AM
again like others i have problems opening the skull scroll this is getting to common with your games to many glitches i would maybe understand if it was free but ther=y are not please fix this i am playing on mac

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by EnLnSA on Jul 19, 15 4:57 AM
bonggamer wrote:
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

Just saw this and yup - same problem!!!!

Same here! Got to the same point in the game, exact same thing happened. I deleted my profile and started anew but alas, same exact thing at the same point in the game. Booooooo! Please fix the bug.

[Post New]by Nell126 on Jul 19, 15 12:52 PM
Yet another little fishy joining all the other little fishies to complain about this game. I keep re-starting, but don't get further than the options - the usual, everything freezes and I have to control, alt, delete. Is anything going to be done about this, do you think? I can't believe that there have been so many complaints over such a long time, but still no updates or messages from the game people or Big Fish

nmkelly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nmkelly on Jul 19, 15 1:22 PM
I am stuck on the victorial doll dress puzzle as many others were (with the one that disappeared) and do not want to start this game over again. Can I get a refund or credit for this game?

[Post New]by scaredfish on Jul 20, 15 3:27 AM
can not get first skull

[Post New]by palmbayflo on Jul 20, 15 9:09 AM
I am on a Macbook with Yosemite 10.10.4. Had a crash when one of the Scrolls was probably going to give me a Skullhead for the gate needing 4 skulls. The Scroll is showing a plus sign and the hint constantly points to it, but I'm unable to go any furthur.
I have 3 skulls but can't get that fourth one at all and sure hope someone can help me without me having to restart! (the horror the horror)

9lady_di
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 9lady_di on Jul 20, 15 5:34 PM
When are you going to have a fix for this game I have MS7 Home Premium on my desk top and this game will not play. I have played it on a laptop using Windows 8 and liked the game but I would like to be able to play it at home on my computer.

[Post New]by Liberty1234 on Jul 21, 15 7:43 PM
I also am using OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 and the same issue. I placed the Token , the sound of the pirates voice began and the screen froze, I can't duplicate it for a Dr. Felix because now the token is stuck on the scroll and I cannot get past it.
Is there s fix?
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

mdb76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mdb76 on Jul 21, 15 10:45 PM
The cursor will not choose exit, name etc. I cannot get beyond the opening credits.

Go to: