166 Posts

Re:Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse comments and reviews

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 20, 10 5:53 AM
loved it

no probs at all
is the another one out soon

[Post New]by snorklecat on Oct 12, 10 7:03 PM
I like the cozy style of this game...I don't mind the fairytale setting...and the variety of stuff to do seems nice.... however...

I DETEST games that force unnecessary hints at you. Believe it or not, I am capable of figuring out that a door handle JUST MIGHT belong on a door without Tinkerbell butting in and telling me that before I can even click on my inventory.

Seriously people. I enjoy a lot of games on this site, but there seem to be way too many games that simply annoy you with unnecessary directions-like this one. Tinkerbell should keep her comments to herself. The fun of a puzzle lies in FIGURING IT OUT. Why the heck do you need to have something popping up, pointing, sparkling, talking, instructing, and interrupting CONSTANTLY? There's already a hint system! If I want help, I'll jolly well ask for it, but this constant dumbing down and pointing the way has got to stop. Why can't you make it optional? It's getting so hard to find a game to play on this site that doesn't harass you with unwanted hints and instructions. Why don't you just add a talking paper clip in the corner too? That would really fix things.

[Post New]by allyt69 on Oct 18, 10 3:41 AM
I can't get the bridge to open, it's stuck. What do I do now? My iPad is new to me, so not sure what I need to do at this point. Help please.
THANKS.

[Post New]by jupiter394 on Nov 3, 10 8:54 PM
I agree with snorklecat; this game was too easy with all the sparkling and help. Too bad there wasn't an easy and hard version b/c then everyone could be happy.

I did like the concept and the artwork.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Nov 13, 10 8:33 PM
Nice game but has a kidlike feel to it - simply because of the voice of the fairy (who sounds like a child). Game is pretty entertaining - there is a lot to do. You are in a mansion where an evil curse has been placed on each room and on all the servants that are inhabitants. Each one is trapped in a mirror, which was then shattered. Not only must you find all of the pieces to restore each one, but you must also solve the puzzles of each room to restore it to its former, innocent glory. Many of the puzzles repeat - such as removing evil from the rooms (in the form of pictures with snakes and skulls you must click on). Some of the other puzzles are more unique where you must manipulate or collect pieces. One that was interesting required you to reshape constellations in the sky to their proper form. Graphics are decent, although it seemed a little unrealistic to me how easily you removed the curse to each room and thought the newly restored rooms looked a little too perfect and photo realistic compared to the rest of the game. I will probably end up playing this game to completion someday. I would rate it 4 stars. It seems like it also will have a good length as there is so much to be done.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Dec 26, 10 7:56 AM
I dont know where I have been I just found this game and really like.

The graphics are super clear and interesting cute story line. Hope this game is longer than I think it is.

I should have played this game when trying to learn how to play the more difficult IHOGS out there lol.

Played about 10 minutes and had to buy. (oh I love Gogii games also)

Happy game day

ps; just finished game it was long enough but disappointed at the end like other reviewers stated.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 5:45:51 PM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 26, 11 10:17 PM
I played this game originally on IWIN game website...it is considered an ALL ACCESS game which if you have a membership with IWIN you can play all of the ALL ACCESS games for free & the whole thing until you complete the game. Yes, I know sounds kinda of good, doesnt it? BUT BF is much , much , MUCH better of a webite for gaming. BF is always the first website to have the really good & big & high quality game first...but ok, about this game...it reminded me alot of the Empress of the Deep or something like that....this one has a fairy that drives you nuts with her squeeky voice when Empress had soem "pink orb" thing help guide you....i did like this game but I did finish the game in about 3-1/2....on the IWIN website...it is worht the 2.99 deal...I did not ahve any problems with the game...the graphics are decent....overall, i would give it about 3 out of 5

sparks47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sparks47 on Mar 27, 11 6:18 AM
great great great game i got stuck a couple of times but how I enjoyed the challenge glad I bought this game

[Post New]by robinbobbin on Mar 28, 11 4:37 AM
A cute game. The fairy was a little annoying, but I just turned the voice off and it was good. I liked the graphics and the gameplay and I will keep an eye out for these developer's other games. This would be a great "gateway" game for friends and family who don't understand your game addiction. They could use the constant prodding and directing which was the worst part of the game for me, and I see for other reviewers as well. It really needed an "expert level" where that could be turned off. It was also an unpleasant shock to find that the question mark I assumed would just tell me how to play the mini-game actually contained a full-blown walkthrough. It's nice that it's available, but I just wanted to know the mechanics of the "mix the potion" game, not the solution. I downloaded the trial on the sale day but didn't get a chance to play it until later; I would probably have picked it up for $2.99, but since I got 1/3 of the way through in my free hour I won't bother at full price.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 8, 11 12:35 PM
Hi all, I played this game through when I bought it last year but returning to it for a replay I just can't go on any longer. That damn fairy is driving me mad! I can feel my blood pressure rising each time she flits around, telling me the obvious, squeeking in that awful voice. No I cant go on with this. It will have to go. Pleased to see so many are enjoying it though. Obviously a once only for me.
Love to all in the pond anyway, Pat_ric_ia x

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Apr 21, 11 9:43 PM
This is real gem... ****'s easy to find,puzzles not to hard and comes with its own built in SG.
Plus bonus mini games when you finish (who knows I may come to like marble popping) ...a game credit well used....
Shows it pays to read the reveiws of more experienced fishies as I would never had "picked" this game as a must have...
TOTALLY RECOMMMEND its in my caviar collection along with Phantasmat and Dark Parables series
...as for the fairy well I got so into the game I stopped telling her to shh up lol

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 9:47:37 PM PST

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on May 3, 11 3:20 PM
Hi, everyone!

In case anyone might be interested, I posted a full review of my humble opinion over in the Catch Of The Week thread for this game. the upshot is that I gave it a marginal (score:12 out of 20) for the reasons I gave there. I don't want to clog it up here, even though it's the official review thread. No point in posting twice.

Happy gaming to all!

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on May 3, 11 10:42 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and it was well worth the $2.99. I played it over a couple of days and the fairy didn't particularly annoy me. Will replay in a few months as I do with most games. Nice to have the extra puzzles unlocked at the end of the game.

[Post New]by hemi1968 on May 5, 11 7:59 AM
I wasn't expecting to like this game as much as I did, but thought I'd give it a try. And I really liked it! Good variety of mini-puzzles and the fairy didn't bother me at all. Maybe because I was expecting the worse! Enjoyable game, good graphics, and just enough challenge to keep it interesting. The bonus mini-games at the end added value which is great because it's not a very long game, maybe 3 hours at the most. But it kept me interested!

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on May 8, 11 2:38 AM
Repeat of revised review originally posted in the COTW thread about this game, because it should be here and not there anyway :

Okay, I was a fool. I admit it. I take it back. This isn't a marginal game. It's a great game.

Revised review:
GRAPHICS: 3.5 out of 5. Pretty. Clear, no serious problems with tiny objects. Still don't like the art style of the characters, though.
SOUND: 2.5 out of 5. I still hate the fairy, but you can turn her off. The music is fitting.
GAMEPLAY: 4 out of 5. Excellent "fast track" ability. Easy to find and use menus and hint screens.
FUN FACTOR: 4 out of 5. The fairy is still most of the problem with her intense shine, distracting flight, and terrible voice. There is a little too much "hand holding" (the sparkles have no off switch that I can find), but everything else is great. The puzzles aren't overly hard.

OVERALL: 14 out of 20. Solid game. Recommended!

Enjoy!!

Annie6640
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6640 on May 17, 11 7:41 AM
LogieBaby wrote:in the first marble popper game, I start out with green, the color never changes from green, the when I eliminate all the green marbles, the center area ( from where the marbles are launched ) goes gray. I never got to shoot red, yellow or blue marbles.

Is this a glitch or am I doing something way stooopid??

HELP!!

Annie6640
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Annie6640 on May 17, 11 7:43 AM
How do I get the marbles to finish this room I use all the green then like everyone else it turns grey HELP!!!

AliceFranz
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by AliceFranz on May 20, 11 1:54 AM
I love it I love it I love it!
played on ipad and it was a really great game! everything is understanadble, clear and easy going. the mini puzzles were just of the difficulty I needed.
hiddens were clear and bright.
and the idea of having a fairy who helps was very good.
what a nice fairy tale!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 11:11 PM
Enjoyed the game enough to buy it almost right away after playing the demo. Short achievable goals with an overarching story. Graphics and story are fun, and having the fairy helper is great. The fairy is a little over-peppy though, and I wish there were a less awkward way to use her abilities. Absolute biggest complaint is that when there is text related to something you click, it's VERY annoying to have to click it away before you can do your next action. Overall though, well worth buying and re-playing.

[Post New]by exit310 on May 29, 11 7:07 PM
I have finally given up. Looking for 12/12 mirror shard and I have been to all of the places, they are all marked clear, so I can't even redo the rooms to see if I missed anything. Very dissapointing and will mean I don''t buy the new edition.

Go to: