Welcome to Magic Encyclopedia forum

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Latin phrase ..........

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 7:07 AM
126035 wrote:
thevex wrote:Anyone who can tell what the famous latin phrase is ????

Look at the bottom of your map- it starts out Multi multa...

flgrouper
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Magic Encyclopedia forum

[Post New]by flgrouper on Oct 28, 08 11:38 AM
I totally enjoy HO games, but Magic Encyclopedia is by far my favorite, it's more than just searching for hidden things. Are there any other games similair? I've already finished ME!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 28, 08 12:08 PM
flgrouper, welcome to the Fish Pond. Glad you enjoyed ME...it's a super game. You might want to try Azada, Ancient Magic. And The Treasures of Mystery Island is also like ME.
...On another site, like Spin Top, you might play the demo for Mortimer Beckett. It's the game that started this type of hidden object and is a great game. The new one is due out soon; I recently Beta tested it and it looks like a really good game. However, BFG won't carry either of the Mortimer Beckett games so I plan to purchase when it gets to Spin Top.
...Happy Gaming

gadget56
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by gadget56 on Oct 28, 08 3:00 PM
finished the game, wow, weird ending! want more!!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 28, 08 7:16 PM
barbee44, welcome to the Fish Pond. If you look below the dragon at the wall behind the steps, there is a piece missing. You should have a piece in your inventory that fits that spot. Once you put it there, click the horn and it should land on that repaired spot. Good Luck

Grammienz
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Welcome to Magic Encyclopedia forum

[Post New]by Grammienz on Oct 29, 08 12:35 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Magic Encyclopedia forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Magic Encyclopedia players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 29, 08 5:36 AM
It sounds like you might need to update your video card driver. Have you done that yet? You can do that for free on the internet. If you bought your game at Big Fish their customer support can give you instructions on how to do that.

When you uninstall and reinstall you get the latest version of the game if you bought it at Big Fish.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 29, 08 5:40 AM
Grammienz, welcome to the Fish Pond. Did you send your dxdiag file to Tech Support? If not, you may want to run and save it. Then attach it to an Reply email to Tech Support and ask them if your graphic or video cards or drivers need to be upgraded to resolve these issues. Sometimes the type of issues you are having can be resolved by downloading the most current drivers .. or by upgrading.
...The only other thing I might suggest is defragging your computer. If your memory is getting low, you might try deleting a couple of the BFG games stored on your PC that you're not playing. Then before you go to bed one night, start your PC on the defragmentation process and just let it run...it takes quite a long time to complete.
...Sorry I can't give you a definite fix. Good Luck

Grammienz
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Grammienz on Oct 29, 08 3:05 PM
Hi Lizzie k & cesse47, don't know if I'm allowed to answer you both in the same post but here goes anyway.
Many thanks for your suggestions,
Yes I bought my game from Big Fish and yes I sent my dxdiag to support but they didn't say anything about it, so I assume that everything was ok there. In fact everything should be updated as in May my computer totally died on me so I had to have a new hard drive, lost everything grrr, thank goodness I could choose to re-install my favourite games, space for the game is not a problem.
I hadn't thought of defragging, so I'll put that on and go and do some gardening!

I've always had heaps of friendly help from the support guys they are always so friendly.
I have to mention that they sent me a coupon to buy another game so maybe they couldn't find something to fix I've spent in on The Treasures Of Mystery Island and am enjoying that one.
Thanks again for trying to help me,
Have a great day.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 29, 08 3:16 PM
I'm glad you got a coupon out of it ... at least you're not out any money. But sorry you can't play the game. It is a good. one.

Grammienz
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Grammienz on Oct 29, 08 8:24 PM
Hi here I am again, my that was a quick reply from you both, I can never work out your time zone against here in NZ at the moment its 4.10pm Thursday.
Have just spoken to my computer guy he said my video card would have been updated and is suggesting perhaps my mouse is getting tired, so I'll take in in next time I'm in that direction, but then I'm thinking if it's that, why is it OK elsewhere I have had it happen on other games now and then.

Yes those other two games are good, I have played the demo of both of them and will probably buy Mushroom Age with my next game club coupon.
I'm waiting for the new Mortimer Becket game to come out, shouldn't be too long now.

Didn't take too long to do the defrag, I haven't got a heck of alot on since it got all cleaned out.
Never mind, maybe I'm not meant to play Magic Encyclopedia!!
I'm going to Gamezebo now to see if they can sort out those Totem polls on Treasures for me I only use them if I really get stuck, I see some of the others have had trouble sorting them out.
Both of you have a wonderful weekend and thanks again for your fast response.
Grammienz

Grammienz
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Grammienz on Oct 30, 08 2:29 PM
Good Morning cesse47
No I haven't cleaned my mouse, mine is a laser one, can they be cleaned? my computer guy said to take it in which I will do, but if that's the case why isn't it wonky in other places? blessed if I know!! it is a little slow on Treasures of Mystery Island but manageable.
Thanks again for your help.

jopell
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jopell on Oct 30, 08 3:34 PM
love these games...finished magic encyc...halfway thru mushroom age...are there
any more games like these...they are great

[Post New]by bert55 on Oct 30, 08 8:09 PM
I'mstuck in the graveyard where the ghost needs a shield and a long piece of metal for the lighting to strike. nothing happens when you hit the hint button it keeps flashing to the hole under the ghost but nothing happens can you help me?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 30, 08 8:19 PM
bert, look in the upper left corner at the tree. There should be the long thin blade of the dress sword there ... I think in the branches of the tree. Once the dress sword is complete, that's what you put in upper right to attract lightening.
...good luck

twin_mom
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

Stuck in the Wild West / Mayan Stairway

[Post New]by twin_mom on Nov 3, 08 5:15 PM
Okay I'm stumped and I can't find any response quite like my problem.

I have 1 item in inventory - the empty bottle.
I have not found the 3rd piece of the candle (it says it is hidden) in the Mayan stairway.
I have not found the 2nd piece of the corkscrew (it says it is hidden) inside the bar.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Stuck in the Wild West / Mayan Stairway

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 3, 08 7:08 PM
twin_mom wrote:Okay I'm stumped and I can't find any response quite like my problem.

I have 1 item in inventory - the empty bottle.
I have not found the 3rd piece of the candle (it says it is hidden) in the Mayan stairway.
I have not found the 2nd piece of the corkscrew (it says it is hidden) inside the bar.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

Hi twin mom- welcome to the forums!

Did you pull the arm of the statue in the mayan scene? Do the puzzzle in the upper right?

If you need to get more hints- click on the "?+"

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Nov 4, 08 6:30 PM
LOVED ME,
but, didn't realize until the 'end' of the game that I could have placed those bejeweled amulets in place at the last scene - as well as the missing dragon heads.
I wonder if or what will happen when I do that?
So, I'm going to play it again, and this time, do the 'full' thing.
Challenging at times, but completely doable.
Used hints - had fun finding all those question marks to earn additional tips.
Beat using the forum (no offense) - just more fun to find things on one's own.
When I felt frustrated, I left for awhile. Coming 'home' again, it was much easier to 'see' the solution.

IAMLPN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by IAMLPN on Nov 5, 08 3:48 AM
hi fellow gamers

Please help with ME last scene what is the latin phrase that is common and I am suppose to know I have no idea help would be greatly appreicated

[Post New]by mail4diane43 on Nov 6, 08 4:58 AM
Another great game, had a hard time at the start...............the mouse didn't work so good........but then it worked out fine I enjoyed that game so much I hope there are many more to come...
You must take your time and really think about what is going on................so for this game I give a big 10
thanks

Go to: