Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by Ausept on Feb 24, 12 4:24 PM
No worries, I figured it out! Still having fun with the game.

owled
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by owled on Mar 28, 12 7:45 AM
tazmaniac wrote:help PLEASE....apparently I missed a step after leaving the museum....the walk through said to turn right and go to the grocery store for another hidden item game...here I was to get kerosene for the lantern that is in the hunting lodge. I have gone back to the museum numerous times and from there directly to grocery store and there is no hidden object game and therefore, no kerosene....leaving me unable to pick up cell phone at farmhouse. Any suggestions

would be greatly appreciated...especially if they work!

Hi I have this problem as well Please "help" as without the kerosene to fill the lamp I will just have to give up on this game.

[Post New]by sorejoints on Apr 6, 12 7:08 PM
My second pass through the hunting lodge (where lantern is picked up) there was no hidden object scene and so I have no potato chips in my inventory. What happened?

Also, I can't get the rabbit head to come off.

Help!!!

Okay, forget this. I discovered these weren't necessary.

Edited on 04/07/2012 at 10:37:59 AM PST

[Post New]by LaDeanLandon on Jun 25, 12 3:56 PM
I am getting an Access violation at 0x6A9F2676 (tried to write to 0x0002B270) program terminated.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times but it does not help.
Could some one please help. I heard that a revamp was done, but I dont know if I have it. Is the collectors addition a newer version.
I have windows 7 and a 64 bit processor.

[Post New]by Anchilada on Jun 26, 12 7:34 PM
I have almost completed the game, but I have no salt. I have no clue where to find it, or why it was not in my inventory.

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by flowersbark on Jul 3, 12 10:05 PM
there is no safe code in ch.8 of my journal. unable to move forward without the safe code in manager office.

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 10:10:02 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 1:18 PM
Hi flowersbark and Welcome to the Forums!

I checked the Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Walkthrough, and it looks like that code should have been added to your journal when you put together the piece of paper stuck on the mirror in the Library. You can click here to see a screenshot of where to find the code. (The code will be different/random for each player, so the one in this picture won't necessarily work for you.) You can also click the other blue text above to go to the full walkthrough in case you'd like to check it out.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 1:20 PM
Hi Anchilada,

You can find the sea salt on the shelf in Basement. Click here for a screenshot of that spot in the game.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 1:22 PM
LaDeanLandon ~

If you're still having trouble with the game, please check out the troubleshooting suggestions in this help article: Access Violation.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what's going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by JJBIEBZ on Jul 6, 12 10:17 PM
Hello.
I am so addicted to this game, that when i get stuck, i getveryangry. I have no idea where the Snowy Path is....... anyone help please??? Thanks

[Post New]by Dorothy2007 on Aug 28, 12 1:42 PM
I am having trouble can not get pass finding the object. I went in the house find what i need but when i come out side in the snow a and go left can not fin d what i need reset 3 time and still can get it. Can some one help me .

Philipsonh
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Philipsonh on Oct 21, 12 6:51 PM
There is a thermometer near the hotel front door. break it with the hammer in inventory. Put the empty vial up to the broken thermometer, and the mercury
runs into the glass vial. When you are at the end of the game, it is the "mercury"
that is the seventh element, the silver soul.

[Post New]by question4u on Oct 28, 12 12:06 PM
my 1st post..I'm playing dire grove and have the strategy guide downloaded as well. is there anyway that i can refer to it without having to get out of the game..and each time i click on it, the strategy. guide.. it opens the internet..and brings up big fish home page..

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by yungathart on Dec 2, 12 1:46 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ pla

I just finished Dire Grove & found it to be the most difficult game I have played to date, but I stuck with it & with the help of the free Walk Through, I managed to complete it. I missed not having any instructions on the mini-games & had to make a detour to the Walk Through to finish them. Even with instructions, I chose to skip some. It's worth the effort, but took a lot of work & time.

[Post New]by playready on Jan 4, 13 9:04 AM
I am stuck. The wolf won't take the frozen meat. I have the regular game don't know if it is different from the the CE. Can't get any further. I have snowshooes,meat, hammer, wirecutters , icepick in my inventory. Could someone help?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 5, 13 2:10 AM
playready wrote:I am stuck. The wolf won't take the frozen meat. I have the regular game don't know if it is different from the the CE. Can't get any further. I have snowshooes,meat, hammer, wirecutters , icepick in my inventory. Could someone help?
Welcome to the forums playready!
That's right - the wolf won't take the frozen meat. Can you think of a way to thaw it?

[Post New]by dragonflydevi09 on Mar 4, 13 2:41 PM
pocket35 wrote:Has anyone downloaded the strategy guide, I paid for it downloaded it and when i open it up all i get is a blank white screen. Is anyone else having these problems? Its very difficult to play without it

[Post New]by dragonflydevi09 on Mar 4, 13 2:42 PM
I am having all sorts of troubles with this game...I cannot even download the strategy game without having to pay for it...this game sucks!

kathysfarm
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kathysfarm on Mar 11, 13 12:53 PM
I NEED HELP COMPLETING THE P[UZZLE IN THE RUINS IVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE WALKTHRU AND IT STILL WONT OPEN THE PORTAL I SEEM TO BE MISSING A TAPE TOO.

[Post New]by gregh48 on Mar 13, 13 12:14 AM
I agree! it is totally unfair that the morphing is not included in this version of the game. I think I will request my money back,unless the game is fixed to run like advertised!

Go to: