[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 19, 17 5:12 PM
Oops! Sorry Randy!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

Re:Friends of Eastendteddy

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 19, 17 11:36 PM

The knee surgery is a worry. Just for the months of physio afterwards.

Oh, and no belly button just means he was made directly by God.

No doubt from leftover scraps of elbow skin and toe nails.

Cheers,

Jenifer

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,982 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 19, 17 11:45 PM
So he was not born under a gooseberry bush?
I need some education in these matters!
Thousands of thanks for the updates once more. And Randy - PLEASE take it easy and slowly
Thinking of you every time I play and read the Forum!

rednose60
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by rednose60 on Apr 20, 17 3:33 AM
Thanks for the update, Ada.
I don't know what to say about it, apart from: That's too much for just one person and I have to double my prayers.

All the best of luck for Randy's treatments and surgeries and I hope the doctors are making the right decisions.

When I was a kid I used to think doctors were Gods who could save people's life.
Later I had to suffer with medical negligence ... since then I'm always worried about their decisions, try to get a second opinion when possible and put my life in God's hands.

Good luck Randy.

Kitty Algarve

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 12:15 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote: Today's (4/19) UPDATE:

I talked to Randy and he asked me to do today's update as he needs to rest after a long day at the hospital.

1. They did an EKG, then brought the machine back again to do another one because his numbers were high the first time. The second test was good.

2. He got the drainage bag removed rather than changed. This doctor said he needn't have gone through those weeks of bag changing! Apparent mis-communication somewhere! Arrrggghhhh!

3. He saw the cardiologist and they showed him 2 aneurisms along the aorta (one is near the throat area and the other is closer to the stomach area). The throat area one is the big one (just over 5 centimeters) and they are treating with blood thinners and going to watch it for now--every 3 months. If it reaches 5.5 centimeters, then they operate. The surgery is a last resort because it's major--open-heart surgery. They said they can't do the catheter up through the groin for this one.

4. He saw the gallbladder surgeon (whom he really liked) and that doc is the one who said Randy had not needed the bag these last 3 weeks and took it out while Randy was asking if it was going to hurt to remove it. As he was asking the question, the doctor already had the bag in his hand and said....I don't know, you tell me. Unfortunately, the doctor also said they wouldn't be able to do the laproscropic removal because of no bellybutton. They'll have to do the front-to-back old-fashioned surgery. **sigh** For now, the doctor is working on keeping it under control, and said, IF and WHEN another attack happens, then they'd operate.

So, with all of this he totally forgot to ask about the kidney issue--so much to process for now because, on top of all this, the cardiologist told Randy he can go ahead and schedule his knee surgery! Go figure!!

Bottom line now, blood thinners, blood pressure medicine, and pain meds, are all doing their job so it's pretty much a wait and see--except for the knee. He'll let us know when he gets that scheduled again!

He's resting now but may try to play a little tonight--long enough to get the CC done but that'll probably be it until tomorrow.

Messenger Angel--Out

P.S. So, edited to make a clarification. I got the two aneurism's backwards (I'm blaming Randy--it's all his fault). It's the one closer to the stomach area that's the big one.

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 12:17:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 12:21 PM
Hi Kitty--I did raise the knee surgery issue with Randy and he said it's okay. He's very confident in his heart doctor, who will be present during the knee operation, and has taken over his case and will be doing scans and monitoring him every 3 months. He also said the knee surgery probably won't happen real soon because he'll be at the bottom of the list again. He really trusts this doctor so I will too, then.

eastendteddy
Flounder
Flounder
2,200 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Apr 20, 17 5:51 PM
Uhhuh sure okay yep blame me because you had me upside down tsk tsk Sharp-Eye bed for you and NO dessert.

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 6:24 PM
But....but....but.....wait! I remember now Today's news said it's the artificial sweetener in my Diet Coke that's causing memory issues and can lead to dementia! Guess I'll have to go back to the real thing!

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,982 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 20, 17 7:08 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote: But....but....but.....wait! I remember now Today's news said it's the artificial sweetener in my Diet Coke that's causing memory issues and can lead to dementia! Guess I'll have to go back to the real thing!

Better still, stop drinking the stuff and stick to honey rum.
Look where it has got eastendteddy?
Almost smothered in Friends and world wide acclaim.
Mind you, I think that you too are doing a good job - but could do better once you realize that up=up and down=down (unlike our Antipodean friend Jenny Wren, who often has "issues" of a pyrotechnic nature)

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 20, 17 8:14 PM
Aw, shucks, PTG...blushing now...Is up and down like North and South?

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 20, 17 9:00 PM
LOL, susie, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen them doing excess skin removal surgery on tv on people who have lost a lot of weight and they get a new belly button.

Randy, I'm so sorry to hear about your aneurysms...that can be scary. Although my mom has had one for many years that they just keep watching. So far ***knock on wood*** hasn't needed surgery for it.

You must feel a whole lot better with that pesky bag removed, seems a shame no one thought sooner about removing it. Typical the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Sure hope you continue to perk up to your ole ornery self. Please take good care of yourself and I send all good luck, thoughts and prayers your way.

Shawkn
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 20, 17 9:00 PM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Aw, shucks, PTG...blushing now...Is up and down like North and South?

I think it's UP north, DOWN south, OUT west and BACK east. Have no idea why...I am just a weird source of useless, trivial, information.

Shawkn
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 20, 17 9:09 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Thanks for the update Ada!

Good news............I think..........

ps.......Randy doesn't have a belly button? I KNEW he was not from this world!!

Okay...I was trying to be casual about it and not mention it but...NO BELLY BUTTON? Where do you store your lint?????

If it makes you feel better, Randy...I NEVER HAD WISDOM TEETH so let the teasing begin...

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
297 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 21, 17 1:43 AM
Oooh is there a quest to find eastendteddy's belly button?

As I wade through friends Spring Terraces I'm going to ask the gnomes if any of them want to donate a belly button.

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 1:54:19 AM PST

AnnaDownes01
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,765 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 21, 17 1:58 AM
Hang in there Randy, we are all praying for your surgeries to happen sooner rather than later (((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))) & (((((((((((((((((purrs)))))))))))))))), Myrrtle's claws are rather sharp so she send purry hugs to you

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Apr 21, 17 5:28 AM

I demand a picture of Randy's mutant belly button.

In return I offer a picture of my neighbour's sixth toe.

I just need to bypass the A.V.O.

And the mines...

Jenifer

Shawkn
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 21, 17 11:00 AM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
I demand a picture of Randy's mutant belly button.

In return I offer a picture of my neighbour's sixth toe.

I just need to bypass the A.V.O.

And the mines...

Jenifer

Uh, Jennifer...why do you have a picture of your neighbor's sixth toe? I find that odder than no belly button...LOL!

eastendteddy
Flounder
Flounder
2,200 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Apr 21, 17 11:38 AM
You all are a hoot * A Quest fer me belly Button* sounds good BUT what is the reward??
Do we get an Avatar OH craponacracker please do not let it be a slit that looks like a slit of a eye on the day after the night before , but ya know that is what it kinda looks like and not in the center where it should be but over der >>> to da right , and lol me dust bunnies hid me lint dem idiots thunks it is a new addition to da family .
*** Serious now ***
I can not nor never will be able to thank all you fantastic friends who have supported me in my health situation and in my game, your concern , well wishes and all those hugs have truely helped me get to where I am in my game, you will never truely know how much I appreciate all your kindness, your help with your gifts.
If I could I would hug eatch and every one of you so tight I would hug the stuffing out of you
I am truely blessed by having you all in my life and I do promise to take care and listen (as hard as that is for me) to the Doc's because I want to get stronger and be able to stay on longer then an hour or so and maby in a million years return the gifts you all have been so generous to me,

PS

Oh Jen I dought you could stomach it lol and belly cut so many times I could use it as a road map
Randy

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,287 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 21, 17 12:27 PM
eastendteddy wrote:If I could I would hug eatch and every one of you so tight I would hug the stuffing out of you <--- hugs welcomed!
I am truely blessed by having you all in my life and I do promise to take care and listen (as hard as that is for me) to the Doc's because I want to get stronger and be able to stay on longer then an hour or so and maby in a million years return the gifts <----dontcha even think about it....no...don't even thunk on it.....another of your idjiot ideas!!!

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 12:27:55 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
297 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 21, 17 12:33 PM
I think your continued contributions to the forum will be the best gift you could give anyone.

Go to: