Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

CAUTION

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 31, 14 8:26 PM
Timer on the GLITCH. Gave me a high score. I immediately closed the game, went back in and the HO sparkled again replayed and the score was back to normal. Such a relief.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:CAUTION

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 1, 14 4:24 AM
Phew, pleased that worked for you, Lilabelle Good thinking

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Nov 1, 14 9:35 AM
Considering the hoo haa that's going on in the other thread about this, I wish I had thought to do this!

Edited on 11/01/2014 at 10:46:28 AM PST

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 10, 14 9:22 AM
It just happened to me again got the top spot with the glitch. Immediately shut down my computer and rebooted. Once again the HO sparkled, replayed and the score was back to normal.
I don't know if this solution will work for everyone, but it is worth a try if you catch the glitch score in time, once you move on it probably will not work.
I play on Window 8.1, hope it works for others, Good Luck to all who try this out.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Nov 10, 14 9:43 AM
Unfortunately I was stupid enough to play very tired. My game got seriously glitched at some point during the weekend. The computer had gone hibernating with the game running. Once I was back at the machine, I went to do some gifting. Everything worked normally there, no vanished items, no lag, so I thought nothing was wrong. Being at a point in the game where every new quest requires to open a new area worth 7k-8.5k gold, I decided to do a few HO-scenes before going to bed, just for the coin. Didn't pay any attention to the timer, because I was so tired I knew I wasn't going to be making any records... BIG mistake. I so wish I would've been alerted enough to try this exiting and rebooting trick...as when I logged in today, brains and reflexes working and tried to beat my own scores, I noticed that I had the glitch in a new HOS. I went to the next one. Glitched. Next one. Glitched.... Over 50% of available HOS at level 35 are now glitched for me...all the same scenes I did when I was tired. In fact, I now have at least one HOS where all highscores from 5th to 1st place are glitched...

If anyone on my friendslist wants to remove Fabula, I completely understand. I haven't been removing anyone due to the glitch as it's nobody's fault and I've been trying to beat my own scores, anyway, but I do understand how frustrating it is and I'd at this point remove myself if I could as I really am glitched all over the place and can't even compete against myself.

Ugh. I hope all y'all are having a better luck and that whatever methods you want to take to deal with this will work for you.

I won't hold my breath while waiting for something to be done about this.

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 9:44:05 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 10, 14 10:40 AM
I think you've found the solution, Lilabelle As long as players notice I'm hoping that will work for everyone.

Aww, Fabula How awful for you and I completely understand how it happened what with you being tired. It's spoilt the game for you though as you like beating your own scores as I do, it's taken away an aspect of the game for you

I really really wish they would fix this. It's been going on for months and has got worse and worse and it's so bad now.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Nov 10, 14 10:46 AM
I think it's absolutely insane that some players are made to feel like criminals because their game glitches. Really? Lilabelle, I give you a lot of credit for going through the trouble of constantly closing and reopening your game. I wouldn't be doing that. I couldn't care less if someone would delete me as a "friend" because of this.

I do understand the self-competition of beating your own scores, but until the developers have this worked out, why can't everyone just treat this as just another glitch (one among many) and just live with it.

It's not the end of the world.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Nov 10, 14 11:18 AM
Thank you, FudgeChi for the sympathy. I feel somewhat better now, and I think I'll just add another page to my already-insane-MC spreadsheet and keep my own scores there. It might turn out to be too much trouble in the end, but as those personal records are a big incentive for me to do and redo the scenes without too much nausea, I kind of need to keep tab. Or try to.

It's just too bad that I missed the opportunity to test if Lilabelle's method would've worked for me (operating on Windows 7.something here)

And no, obviously nobody should feel like a criminal about this. I'm "merely" very annoyed at myself because I have been aware that such glitch might happen, I have been aware that there might be a lkely way to counteract it when it does, and I usually pay a lot of attention to the scores...just...not...when...it...would've...mattered. Oh well. C'est la vie?

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 11:20:08 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 10, 14 3:52 PM
whitebutterfly, of course we know it is a glitch. But as Fabula says, for some of us it really helps doing the HOS over and over again. It's just a personal achievement for us.
That's a really good idea, Fabula, to keep a spreadsheet Just try to better your scores using that because it really is an incentive to keep doing the scenes ad nauseum. I'm sure that will help Just don't beat yourself up over it. And let's hope it will get fixed.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 10, 14 5:36 PM
This solution was not due to any computer smarts in my noggin. Whatever computer knowledge I have acquired came about through trial and error. As all my friends know I have top score through most of the Castle, did not know about a timer glitch was the cause until I came upon a scene where the timer had stopped and could not move on. I then realized my game was frozen in time and so rebooted. I later read a post about this problem and the next time it happened I thought to shut down crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Like I said trial and error, and maybe a temporary solution to our very annoying glitch until the Dev's figure out a fix. Until then I will continue playing through using crossed fingers in the hopes this continues to solve our dilemma, because I keep playing those early HO's hoping to improve my personal scores some of which I have made incremental improvements. I only know this because because I also keep track on paper every time I improve my score. Even with those incremental increases most of those scores would still leave me at #6 where I would have no problem remaining.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 6, 14 7:51 AM
I am GUTTED! It's finally happened to me and I noticed too late when I was clicking the last object.
I immediately excited, rebooted but alas the scene (Fire Fountain) wasn't sparkling again. Paid 5 diamonds to check and yep, glitch score
Tried restoring from a previous saved file but as I knew it wouldn't do any good. Everything still the same

I was already well ahead in 1st place but for me it has totally ruined the game Scoring is my main enjoyment in the game. I have my original score noted down so I will know if I ever beat it but I feel SO bad.

Any friends of mine feel free to delete me. I'm not sure I'll be able to pick myself up and carry on anyway.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 6, 14 8:06 AM
Awwwwwwww I'm so sorry to hear that it got you, too, Fudge! Was it only Fire Fountain or did it hurt you across the board? I hope you still have the other scenes functioning!! I know this isn't much of a consolation right now, but if you have most scenes still functioning, then concentrate on beating your record on those. My own favourite scenes to play have changed somewhat after 21 out of my currently available 41 HOS went bust.

And I'm still hoping that they'll fix this glitch eventually. One way or another.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 6, 14 8:12 AM
Yes, just one scene but for me that is one too many

I've messaged you for moral support Honestly not sure if I can carry on, I don't think it will ever be fixed.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 6, 14 8:25 AM
It only takes one scene for it to sting badly if one cares about beating one's own records like we do. I get it. But I believe you'll eventually will feel better. Give it some time.

Responded to the PM.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 6, 14 8:41 AM
Thanks for the PM, Fabula

I'll give it some time and hope that helps.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 6, 14 9:44 AM
Hi FudgeChi
Sorry to hear you were hit with the glitch. If you close the Ho popup scoring page before shutting down the computer it scores. If it should happen again just shut down the computer right then and see if that works. I have never lost any progress or hurt my game in any way doing this. Here's hoping it does not happen again.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 6, 14 10:07 AM
Thanks Lilabelle. I just wish I'd noticed sooner so I could have closed it. I'm normally SO careful. I could just shoot myself

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 6, 14 10:27 AM
Another way to catch the glitch is when your new score sparkles. When it does always check your score, if it shows the dreaded 296,900 that is when you just shut down not the game but your computer.

Cece1955
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Cece1955 on Dec 6, 14 10:53 AM
I'm not in the forums a whole lot and was unaware of such a glitch. I fear my experience is worse. I never pay attention to the scores anymore, so didn't notice the glitch until I replayed HOS again. I now have top score in 75% of the HOS. The glitch must have happened MID GAME if that's even possible, as my scores are normal for the first part of my usual path through. Nothing to be done?

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Dec 6, 14 2:29 PM
I am now sitting at 5th or 6th place in all but the last few HOS that my friends have not reached all the players above me having the high score glitch. In one I was top with 296,450 and now I'm last.

I know it's nobody's fault but when there are so many it makes the high score table a farce.

Frustrating when you know you will never be up near the top again no matter how fast you find the hidden objects

Go to: