Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 1, 14 12:53 AM
A thread for any Tech Issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/01/2014 at 6:29:36 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 1, 14 2:21 AM
Every time I click hint, continue, menu etc the game closes to the bottom of the screen. I'm running the latest W* and all is up to date.

It's impossible to play it like this. I can only click in about 8" of the game screen, but nowhere else.
Anyone any ideas please? Never seen this happen to a game before.

Thanks

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by VJSS on Nov 1, 14 5:32 AM
I am in the cave and need the jar to do the black heart potion but am not able to do this task. If I can not up the jar I can not go any further in the game.Help!

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by snowflakesh on Nov 1, 14 5:43 AM
I downloaded game but it will not play, using new windows 8 and everything is up to date on my computer. I deleted game and reloaded, same problem.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Nov 1, 14 6:07 AM
Hi

The same for me, it just goes to the task bar, when I click at the bottom of the screen. I too am running widows 8. This has happened to me before when playing Beta Tests.

Linda

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 1, 14 6:29 AM
Hi there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Nov 1, 14 7:42 AM
Hi

Just popped back to say, I did a re-install and it seems to be ok now. It kept pausing when I first installed, and I wonder if got corrupted during the down load.

Anyway fingers crossed. I am enjoying the game.

Linda

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Nov 1, 14 8:02 AM
All I get is a black screen. The cursor works but no game. I have Windows 7 but the game should still work if it downloaded properly. I had to close computer manually since the Task Manager wouldn't work either. Seemed to have froze my computer. Did this twice. I guess I won't be trying this game.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 1, 14 10:50 AM
same problem reported win8, new system. not even going to retry.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Nov 1, 14 11:24 AM
no tech issues here my computer is new 2 days old everything up to date the issues are in the game itself. every time I click on something it takes me out and back to desktop

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Nov 1, 14 11:27 AM
Same here. Straight to desktop. I am going to try to reinstall, but that has NEVER worked for me....

mchicspic
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Fix for Auto-minimizing

[Post New]by mchicspic on Nov 1, 14 3:36 PM
I am also running Win 8. I've been able to stop the auto-minimizing if I uncheck the Full Screen display option in the Settings menu. I don't know why some of these game don't support my screen resolution, which is at its optimal setting for my display, but they don't.

So, if you don't mind playing the game in a smaller display, this is as good a fix as any.

Good luck!

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Nov 1, 14 6:13 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:All I get is a black screen. The cursor works but no game. I have Windows 7 but the game should still work if it downloaded properly. I had to close computer manually since the Task Manager wouldn't work either. Seemed to have froze my computer. Did this twice. I guess I won't be trying this game.

same problem for me! uninstalled and tried again but to no avail!

[Post New]by Nibbles999 on Nov 2, 14 1:28 AM
At the main menu the text is like "play_text, bonus_content_text, etc. I tried hiding file extension names but didn't work. It also skipped cut scenes automatically.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Nov 2, 14 2:10 AM
Few issues in this game - does anyone else have the same problem with the "guide" opens at the first page of each chapter but can't find where to turn over to the next page so no help at all!!
In the bonus chapter, I'm told there's a task by the portal but can't find anything to do - asked for a hint and it points to the portal which then takes me to the next screen - ask for a hint and it takes me back to the portal - points there and takes me to the next screen!! Viscious circle.
Definitely problems in this game - it's the 3rd collector's edition I've had problems with in the past fortnight - I'm getting seriously irritated with it now. I think BF has a problem in continuing with it's promise of a new game every day and rushing these games out before they're properly tested.

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Nov 2, 14 4:52 AM
I am having the same problem as a few of you below: Every time I click on an inventory item, continue, menu etc the game closes to the bottom of the screen. I have windows 8.1. This is ridiculous. I have all of the Awakening games and now will not be purchasing this. You can't play if you keep getting thrown out trying to use your inventory.
Ok, this is a second post. I did uninstall and reinstall and now am able to play so far. Don't know why it did as above the first time. Will play until time is up to be sure working and will repost if anything further happens.

Edited on 11/02/2014 at 5:11:14 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 2, 14 6:48 AM
VJSS wrote:I am in the cave and need the jar to do the black heart potion but am not able to do this task. If I can not up the jar I can not go any further in the game.Help!

I had this problem too and had to start over with a new profile remembering to pick up the jar the first time I entered the vestibule of the dark tree. I think it's a glitch.

KushkaW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KushkaW on Nov 2, 14 8:42 AM
addictedtofish wrote:Few issues in this game - does anyone else have the same problem with the "guide" opens at the first page of each chapter but can't find where to turn over to the next page so no help at all!!

I am having the same problem with the guide - it just shows the first page of a chapter - can not get to second page!! HELP!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Nov 2, 14 3:52 PM
i have encountered 2 issues.

1 is when the main game ends there is no skip button and the credits kept looping back and i had to do a cad to get out of it.

2 is in the bonus game the hop below the tree i can only find 3 of the items and the hint keeps saying there is nothing to do right now but you have to complete the hop in order to proceed and no skip button. i have clicked everything there and still can't continue.

barbdesc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by barbdesc on Nov 2, 14 11:36 PM
This game will not run for me, I am using windows 8, new computer so all up to date... game freezes when I touch the mouse, and then just drops out !

Go to: