Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Asian Riddles 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 3, 14 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/03/2014 at 5:54:45 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Asian Riddles 3 here.

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 3, 14 3:20 AM
This is yet another mosaic game in the Asian Riddles series. IMO it's gotten better.

The graphics were pretty good. No color, unfortunately, which I like. It was fairly bland. Filled blocks were red. Unfilled blocks were grayed out with an "x". The music was appropriately Asian but no matter how low I made it in the "Options" section it continued to be quite loud. The sound effects were ok but when you made an error, it wasn't very noticeable by sound so be careful -

The gist of the game is to fill in the blanks using the numbers on the graph. Once the blanks/boxes are filled in, a picture emerges. I did have trouble, most of the time, discerning exactly what the picture was and there was no "title" of the picture when you were done. So, you either knew what it was or were left in the dark, so to speak.

The first 3 or so levels were a tutorial. Afterwards, you were pretty much on your own. There are "hints" and you can only make "x" number of mistakes and then you have the choice of replaying the level or not. Each mistake you make causes you to lose a star at the end of the level. Complete a level with no errors to get 3 stars (they're not even gold - whatever).

Even with the tutorial, I would not recommend this for beginners. It took me many games, most of which frustrated me, to learn how to play this genre of game. And that included failing miserably at Asian Riddles 1 and 2 -

While I did enjoy this game and found it somewhat entertaining for my brain, it will not be a purchase for me. Mainly because of the lack of coloring. IMO, had more colors been used, the pictures that emerged in a completed level would have made them much more recognizable. I do. however, recommend intermediates and experts give it a try.

Enjoy!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 3, 14 5:55 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Asian Riddles 3 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Asian Riddles 3.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:13:35 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 3, 14 2:52 PM
I like this type of game. This one was okay but won't be buying it.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 3, 14 3:52 PM
Even if you haven't played the colorful Fantasy Mosaics 4, you will probably still ask yourself where all the color is. The Asian-themed background is mostly shades of grey, but the tiles you uncover are red (and only red). I often couldn't determine what the picture was when I had finished the puzzle: was it an animal, a character in the Chinese or Japanese alphabet, or something else? The only positive comment that I can give is that you don't need to complete the puzzle within a particular time in order to earn a star. This game is a no buy for me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 3, 14 4:45 PM
Thank you BF for these games. This dev does a decent job with producing these puzzle games. There are other sites where they are much more complex with 60x60 grids. If you make a mistake with those you are really up a creek. I buy the publications offering these and if you think these are difficult - just try filling them in by hand.

Actually I prefer the B&W over the color ones. The original ones are B&W. If you purchase puzzle magazines you they are still pretty much B&W. I have played these for years. It has only been recently they have appeared in the computer form. If you like there are books you can order which are devoted to this variation of Sudoku.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 3, 14 4:55 PM
8floor are popping out these games, which are all the same, like chickens laying eggs.

There is nothing great, nothing fun, and nothing special about their pictograms. And this one is just the last in a long line of boring pictograms.

Even before I was spoilt by "Fantasy Mosaics 4: Art of Color", I didn't care for the pictograms of this developer - all their games look like rush-jobs to me - and much preferred to play "World Mosaics" and "World Mosaics Chroma".

Go to: