Director Player Error - Property Not Found #name #level

[Post New]by tko73199 on Apr 9, 09 11:15 AM
I cannot play this game as I keep getting this message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled bigfish player, ice cream game (at least 10 times), java, shockwave player, mcafee security and ran virus and malware scans and also a system restore (before all the uninstalls and reinstalls). I can't even open to the front page (where you "Start" and enter "profile" and Options.
I have searched GOOGLE for hours trying EVERYTHING related to "Director Player" Error message. There is a thing called "direct player...as opposed to my message "directOR player".
I GIVE!!!
Any help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Donna

Re:Director Player Error - Property Not Found #name #level

[Post New]by momination on Apr 9, 09 8:07 PM
I'm getting the same error. Was able to play right after I downloaded it. Not since. Uninstalled and re-installed 4 times with no luck!

[Post New]by msdivine20 on Apr 15, 09 11:16 AM
Im getting the same massage, It sucks because I was really getting into this game and now I can't play it If anyone can help that would be great!!! My email is Msdivine20@aol.com THANKS In Advance!!

[Post New]by bobbysgirl53 on Apr 19, 09 3:21 AM
I'm also getting this annoying error message! Have tried all tips and suggestions but nothing works. Still can't play this game. When I first downloaded the game it was fine, no problems, but since then no joy. Have gone into the advanced seting in Internet Explorer to disable script debugging but that has not solved the problem.

Does anyone out there have the answer? HELP !!!

eastbayterri
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by eastbayterri on Apr 21, 09 8:52 PM
i have the same trouble and i bought it from gamefools itself

Anelyda
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Anelyda on Apr 22, 09 12:55 PM
I wrote to bigfishgames help and they told me it was a bug. They sent me a link to this forum and said the fix should be posted here when they get it from the developer.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Apr 28, 09 2:48 PM
Just want to post here to let folks know that we have a new version of Ice Cream Craze: Tycoon Takeover that corrects this error. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Apr 28, 09 3:07 PM
Yes I can help with that... I had the same problem the first day It came out... ITs a corrupt profile issue... This is what you do..

1. uninstall the game.
2. go to search.. type in tycoon.. make sure you have search in all hidden files.. If you dont know how to do that... when you go to do a search,, look up to your tools box.. click on folder options.. and then click on the view tab... scroll down until you see hidden files and folders... then click on show all hidden files.
3. do a search and delete all files that contain the game tycoon... now when you do this Its suppose to delete the profile that you created for the game... but for some reason It does not.
4. after you have did a search and deleted all files containing the game... Go back and do another search but this time type profile... every profile you have created will show up... search for the tycoon profile and delete it... then reinstall your game. that will fix your problem.

Let me know how It works out for you.

Edited on 04/28/2009 at 3:22:22 PM PST

Anelyda
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Anelyda on Apr 30, 09 6:48 PM
Thanks very much!!

bfgErie wrote:Just want to post here to let folks know that we have a new version of Ice Cream Craze: Tycoon Takeover that corrects this error. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Anelyda
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Anelyda on May 1, 09 11:54 AM
I guess I am one ill customer now. This did not work. I tried it twice. The first time I uninstalled and reinstalled. The second time, I did the same, following tijhea's directions. I am still getting the error. The name has changed from 'Jay' to something else, but the song remains the same.
Anybody else experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong? What next??
Thanks.

[Post New]by Gamer0824 on May 3, 09 5:17 AM
I am also continuing to have the director player error, even after reinstalling this "new" version. I have updated everything and do not understand why the game works for a short time and then starts with the error message. No luck with the revised version on my end either. Anyone else still having trouble?

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on May 5, 09 3:52 PM
Hello peoples....

I'm sorry to hear your still having issues with the game... It's very important that you make sure you have show all hidden files checked when you do a search... What I did when I did the second search typing in profiles.. I went and deleted all profiles on all games that I do not play anylonger.. and why not they are just wasting space.. Please try It again for the second time... I did this and It worked for me.

Try it one more time... uninstall the game the best way is through your add and remove programs.
go to search.. click on tools and files make sure show all hidden files is checked. Type the word tycoon and remove all files containing that name.. also remove all files containing ice cream craze If you bought the game and are not playing it anylonger.. Now I'm not sure but when I deleted the first version of the game along with the second version and then did a profile search and deleted those as well, my game worked.. So I dont know If there is a connection there are not... I just deleted both games and all profiles containing both of those games. After that I restarted my computer., and re-installed the game again... The name jay was gone... and the game as worked for me ever since.
Trust me It's a profile issue... You have to find all profiles containing that game.

I hope It works out for the both of you.. Let me know

[Post New]by Rivalsan on May 13, 09 6:59 PM
I've done all of these things repeatedly. Uninstall. search (including hidden), delete the tycoon files, delete the profile. Empty trash. Reboot. Re download. Reinstall.

STILL nothing.

Big Fish, is there going to be a fix from the game's developer for this? I enjoy the game, but not like this.

[Post New]by jpstewar on May 15, 09 1:50 PM
The new version of Ice Cream Craze 2 doesn't fix the error for people that have already encountered the problem. The developer created a fix for the game that is available at http://games2.gamefools.com/games/TycoonTakeoverFix.exe

Anelyda
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Anelyda on May 18, 09 1:12 PM
jpstewar wrote:The new version of Ice Cream Craze 2 doesn't fix the error for people that have already encountered the problem. The developer created a fix for the game that is available at http://games2.gamefools.com/games/TycoonTakeoverFix.exe

I put this link in my address bar and then hit 'run'. It popped up that my game was fixed. I am running it now and, so far, so good! Thank you so much for this info!! This has been driving me nuts!

[Post New]by BitGirl71 on Jul 19, 12 1:44 AM
I'm on a mac osx so your solutions are not for me. I can't play "Princess Isabella: Return of the curse". This game is mine and now I'm not very happy for this.
I have uninstalled and installed again the game but I have always the same error:

Director Error Player
String expected

What can I do????

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on May 30, 14 5:42 PM
it may have something to do with direct x files. I had it on this one it said an older version of direct x may cause problems. check your dxdiag. It will tell you if you have problems or not.

Go to: