shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Reviews of Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 4, 14 10:52 AM
I played the Premium Edition of this game and wanted to like it so much, but I didn't. It was way too hard. There are two settings, if you use the casual setting it includes HOs, on advanced setting there are no HOs. The hints take a long time to refill and you will be using the hints a lot. The only walkthrough I found was video on you tube. It does have a transporter map with indicators on it, I used this feature a lot. I experienced slow scene changes, it was better using the map.
The puzzles were... well, there were no instructions and a lot of times I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I love puzzles, usually don't skip them, but I skipped a lot of these puzzles.
There are candies to collect to furnish your haunted yard and bats to make the hint recharge faster. I couldn't find nearly enough bats, I would use the hint then go do housework and the next time I went by the computer I would play a few minutes until I needed the hint, then I would go do housework again. The map is very close to the store where you buy the halloween stuff so I was always ending up in there and waiting for a slooow scene change to get back out again.
I don't recommend this game unless you're jonesing for some hard adventure type game, but try the demo, it might be just what you're looking for.

dracowin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews of Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween

[Post New]by dracowin on Nov 5, 14 8:51 AM
I agree with everything stated above. The main thing this game is is FRUSTRATING! "hints" are generally sarcastic and/or cryptic comments and the "help" for puzzles are weird riddles with no real instructions. I've gotten so frustrated with this I want to finish just so it won't have beaten me, but I may just give up and call it a loss.

Go to: