Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Psycho Train here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 5, 14 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 5:57:44 AM PST

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Psycho Train here.

[Post New]by kjos on Nov 5, 14 1:43 AM
I just finished a survey of the game and bought it. Great game but hints take a long time to recharge and you get penalized for over clicking. All in all it's a great game.
Graphics are great and not to many HO. Very few puzzles.

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Nov 5, 14 1:54 AM
Personally I didnt enjoy this game much at all,there seemed to be no real plot other than your daughter had disappeared,taken by heaven knows who (and I have to say who cares?).The game was plodding rather than exciting so its probably one for people who just like to take their time and fill a few minutes.There just wasnt enough going on to keep me interested.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 5, 14 5:58 AM
Gooooood morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Psycho Train here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Psycho Train.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:18:34 AM PST

[Post New]by momorty on Nov 5, 14 11:01 AM

Edited on 11/07/2014 at 10:56:32 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 5, 14 12:52 PM
MANIC MONDAY IS NOW REPLACED BY PSYCHO WEDNESDAY

Today on the menu is our Hump Day leftover game from All's a War. Being in celebratory happy, happy mood today (and way too much celebration last night), this game is like getting a little extra ray of sunshine to make the day even brighter

First, this is an adventure game - not the usual HOP games normally sold on this site. So, of course, there will be fewer HOP scenes. Adventure games do not usually have HOP scenes. I like (but not love) this game. It does seem a little old school but is still decent to me. It is at least worth a coupon. I may use a coupon on this game, but nowadays, I have so little time for "decadent pleasures like these little treasures." (Wow! I rhyme LOL)

An attempt to derail a train is attempted by a mad skeletal psycho. Throughout the demo, I never left the train. You simply collect inventory and use them to save the train. This game is old school with black bars along the sides. There are only two levels of play - but at least the harder level did not have those dreaded sparkles. As in most adventure games, you must search for inventory items in the scenes and there are not many HOP scenes. The graphics are decent but one-dimensional. I will probably purchase because I overreacted to this week's CE games. I believe they will NOT be as good as I wrote originally and one I believe is a real stinkeroo.

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 6:52:50 PM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 5, 14 5:00 PM
I like this game. It's simple but interesting and although a bit dated, it still has mystery. , I am intrigued to know what happened to her daughter and the people, why the door to the train station is boarded up and why the train just keeps on going. The graphics are pretty good also, but not so the music or voice over. Which there are none. I enjoy music in a game and this was extremely low for me.

Still, I was shocked when the demo ended so I will probably buy this game. It is a decent size and I don't always need complicated games and brain draining puzzles. I have a couple of coupons so will use one.

[Post New]by curtis19 on Nov 5, 14 10:10 PM

Edited on 11/07/2014 at 11:03:15 AM PST

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Cute, simple to play!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Nov 5, 14 10:23 PM
I skipped right on through this game. An old style game -- easy hidden objects and solving any game issues easy. This is not a bad game for a kid or instant gratification for us "older" folks.

Not sure if the games final message from the deranged trainman was don't bully you create folks like me.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 6, 14 6:52 AM
I didn't last long in this demo. Right from the get-go I found this game to be really annoying. First, you can't lock the inventory bar which is a "must" in any game I play....therefore it keeps bouncing up and down. The hint and skip recharge very slowly so you sit twiddling your thumbs if you can't ferret out what your next step should be since the game is not really that friendly.

No map seemed to appear as far as I got in this game, so not sure if one will eventually pop up somewhere a long the way...another "must" for me. There is dialog, but no voice-overs. Pretty annoying sound effects and a bit lacking in color and animations.

Certainly not a buyer for me at full price and I'm not even sure as a credit purchase or sale. Up to you. I give it (as far as I went) only a 2 out of 5.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 6, 14 11:14 PM
Keeping it simple since I submitted an 'official' review earlier...

Really enjoying this well done casual adventure/very light H0G game!

I love the hand-drawn style artwork as well as the great use of sound, especially! I also appreciated that the black bar was well thought out and somewhat atmospheric.

Overall it's rather easy, yet the puzzles are unique and some are plenty tricky enough to be enjoyable yet without being too much so as to interfere with the flow of the gameplay.

As for the name? it was the only negative aspect of the game thus far [and am thinking maybe a translation faux pas... but that's just a guess].

Good game!

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Nov 8, 14 2:53 PM
no walkthrough no sale!!!!!!

[Post New]by partyofthree on Nov 9, 14 12:21 PM
I bought this game when I had just cleaned the eyes, after purchasing I couldn't pick up the eyes, so I started another profile.Then I missed the kite part in boiler room so had to start over again. Missed something with the hookah, and yep, had to start again. Now I'm so sick of this game and the story line is certainly lacking, especially the end. Never should have bought but had no idea how many problems or glitches there would be

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 22, 14 4:09 PM
Dan2678 wrote:Personally I didn't enjoy this game much at all. There seemed to be no real plot other than your daughter had disappeared, taken by heaven knows who (and I have to say who cares?) The game was plodding rather than exciting, so its probably one for people who just like to take their time and fill a few minutes. There just wasn't enough going on to keep me interested.
I lasted until the last seven minutes of the demo when I had to get on another train. At that point, I no longer cared. I think the developer pulled this one from the dark corner of some dusty top shelf.
bessiegirl wrote:I didn't last long in this demo. Right from the get-go I found this game to be really annoying. First, you can't lock the inventory bar which is a "must" in any game I play....therefore it keeps bouncing up and down. The hint and skip recharge very slowly so you sit twiddling your thumbs if you can't ferret out what your next step should be since the game is not really that friendly.
Ditto.

Edited on 11/22/2014 at 4:32:32 PM PST

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Dec 29, 14 10:47 AM
I have just completed this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a bit challenging with no walkthrough and little help, but it had a good hint system. The graphics were a bit dated and grainy but the mechanics of the game were excellent. I had a good feeling of accomplishment when I finished that train ride, and what a ride.

Go to: