Collectables

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Collectables

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 8, 14 6:21 AM
Does anyone know if you ever get to go back to the apartment that Alice had at the very beginning of the game?

I am asking, I wasn't aware of the collectables and I think I might have missed the first two cards. At least that is what it looks like when I bring up collectables.

I wish they would tell us about collectables and morph's from the beginning....this happens pretty often to me.

Re:Collectables

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 8, 14 6:24 AM
I really don't know.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 8, 14 9:36 AM
Hi, you guys

I'm afraid I can't say whether we can go back yet either, but I know it's a real pain in the proverbial when you know you've missed a collectible (at least to those of us who are addicted to all the bells and whistles that are part of a CE).

I'm not sure if you're playing the demo or have bought the full game, but what I usually do these days to avoid missing anything is this:

- before I even start I have a good look at the last section of the SG to get a feel for the collectibles and morphs I need to find in each scene. I also make sure I know what achievements I need to 'achieve'; and

- I always play the tutorial (I know, I know - who needs to do that among all of us experienced players here, right?), because not only is there sometimes a secret achievement with this, but it does also tell you which collectibles / morphs you need to look out for.

I can't help it. Those hidden things in each scene are exactly the reason I pay for CEs. Unless an SE is exceptional these days I don't even bother with their HOPA variety in this genre.

If you are not too far into the game, might you consider re-starting?

Good luck, anyway.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Nov 8, 14 9:48 AM
CichDa. I'm with you all the way. Rarely contribute in the forums as you see. It annoys me when there is no mention of morphs or collectibles in the tutorial.
Sometimes I find one and get a pat on the back and a mention that they're there. Hmmm! Hate morphs in HOS. I want to do them as fast as possible and get on with the adventure and not spend ages peering at the screen looking for some stupid changing object. BUT. I love helpers, not dressing up as I have a lot of nude ones, but they beat running around for hours looking for something which you had, used, lost and need again. Somehow I don't feel so lonely with a companion.

I must be "getting old". Getting very bored with the same old format. Seems to be one format for all the devs. and is it just me, or do the objects seem the same in most of the games. Some of the characters look awfully familiar too.

Oh well! that's my rant for the day.

Elirana

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Nov 8, 14 12:46 PM
Tiger 2010 and Tauret, you both are reading my mind. Tiger, I also do the search even if it takes demo time, I love my bells and whistles. And Tauret, I really miss Just the facts, he/she gave me all the information I needed to play the demo and know whether this was my kind of game.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 8, 14 1:23 PM
I missed the one in the scaffolds. MadHead do not let you play over with the same profile, so would I have to start again? Or can I go back in to the game through the extras menu like I can in Eipix games?

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Nov 8, 14 1:53 PM
Hi Tiger, Tauret & JoFin,
I am with you all. I don't know who Just The Facts is/was but I check Pennmom36 for the same reasons. She( in my opinion) puts out great reviews and tells what to look for in the game. I always look for her before I play a game to see if she has posted "to get the scoop"and often will base my decision on even playing the game or not depending on her input. It saves me a bunch of time knowing what to look for in advance. And if for some reason she has not reviewed or posted I check the SG guide to see what is listed as collectables etc like one other poster.
Hope this helps you all.
Tammy

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Nov 8, 14 2:27 PM
I, too, am hoping I can go back an collect card I missed from the second scene....I had known i was collecting but it was so early on in the game somehow I missed it...

if anyone encounters the opportunity and you find you can go back and visit an area, please let us know.

ALSO re Just the Facts: my good friend Margaret is a pre-eminent reviewer. While I can't speak for her I can say that I miss her as well. I used to do reviews constantly...but I became disheartened. My reviews are very long and I was mercilessly criticized for that...I tried to be very thorough and I didn't understand why my 3 page reviews bothered anyone....you're not forced to read it...if it's too long for you skip it...

People didn't get that logic and I got tired of being skewered, so I stopped. Before that I stopped reviewing on the game site with the star system. I was offended (childishly perhaps) that reviewers would award 5 stars to EVERY gem they reviewed and get mad props for it...and be presented first onsite. I have counted on those reviews to make buying decisions when, at the last minute, I realized it was too late for me to take advantage of the the free hour of play and I was going to lose the deal like half off or buy one-get one free...

Once I figured out that MOMs give 5 stars just to see their name in lights and that behavior was rewarded, it cheapened the system for me and I didn't was to be associated with it. Now that person is the TOP REVIEWER of BFG while his/her favorite HOP and puzzle is always the first one in a game...coincidence? I don't think so. So it's cheapened the review process that I took seriously. I wrote about the "RESPONSIBILITY" that a reviewer has, to be honest and thorough and that very person mocked me in one of his/her subsequent reviews.
SORRY TO RANT....
All this was just because I miss Just The Facts, as well. If you're reading this Margaret, I hope all is well "Down Under."
Mark/SFR8RFAN

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Nov 8, 14 4:39 PM
After you've completed the main and bonus games, you can go to the collectibles section in Extras, and it lets you revisit the scenes in which you missed a collectible. Mad Head is good about that. The only achievement I've not been able to make up for missing is the one about fixing Gears in under a minute, but I love love love Nevertales and Mad Head Games in general, so I'll undoubtedly be replaying it again soon.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 8, 14 8:48 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:Hi, you guys

I'm afraid I can't say whether we can go back yet either, but I know it's a real pain in the proverbial when you know you've missed a collectible (at least to those of us who are addicted to all the bells and whistles that are part of a CE).

I'm not sure if you're playing the demo or have bought the full game, but what I usually do these days to avoid missing anything is this:

- before I even start I have a good look at the last section of the SG to get a feel for the collectibles and morphs I need to find in each scene. I also make sure I know what achievements I need to 'achieve'; and

- I always play the tutorial (I know, I know - who needs to do that among all of us experienced players here, right?), because not only is there sometimes a secret achievement with this, but it does also tell you which collectibles / morphs you need to look out for.

I can't help it. Those hidden things in each scene are exactly the reason I pay for CEs. Unless an SE is exceptional these days I don't even bother with their HOPA variety in this genre.

If you are not too far into the game, might you consider re-starting?

Good luck, anyway.

That's exactly what I do as well. Even if it does take up some demo time, checking the "extras" and "Achievements" lets me know what to look for: collectibles (more than 1 collectible item); morphing objects, etc.).

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 9, 14 4:56 AM
You all are awesome! Thank you so much for your responses.

I do everything that you have mentioned when I first start a game to see what is offered in the CE.

BIG reason why I appreciate those that take the time and come in to give us a review......

This game had the collectables locked in the demo, so I wasn't able to check and see when they first appeared.

It is good to know that when the game is over I then can go back and retrieve the ones I missed, but it isn't the same, ya know?

I do wish they would tell you from the onset...maybe someday.

Ci

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 9, 14 7:11 AM
I just exited the demo, and only before I did that did I check the achievements, since the SG for the demo doesn't show collectibles at all, and there you are: a board showing that I did miss collectibles at the beginning of the game. So, that's very good advice, although I think this game lays it out more that some others. Also, in the review section, Nilosh mentioned that there were other collectibles (other than the morphing objects).

Edited on 11/09/2014 at 7:13:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 9, 14 7:22 AM
Regarding collectables, there are: (highlight to read because it's kind of spoilerish)

Collector card in almost every scene
Morphing object in every HO
Treasure items are available only after you've played the bonus chapter and collected all the cards and made the house of cards

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Nov 9, 14 9:06 PM
The tutorial pointed out what to collect and where to find morphing objects. A lot of times you get an achievement for using the tutorial, so even though it is annoying, I do make use of it.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 9, 14 9:10 PM
I've played hundreds of these games but I always play the tutorial, just in case there's something new. And it's only a few extra clicks so it's not an inconvenience. I liked that this game gives you the opportunity to customize the tutorial.

Edited on 11/09/2014 at 9:11:27 PM PST

[Post New]by _sephiroth on Nov 12, 14 5:48 AM
as BoomchuckPxyNiki wrote, you can collect all of the card collectables after you've finished the main and bonus game, and also you can get all the hidden object morphs by replaying the HO scene in the extras gallery

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 12, 14 9:10 AM
I always start fresh after I have demoed, because I don't play as carefully when I demo....I want to get as far as I can, and am a slow player anyway.

But, I always check the achievements and bling, before I start the demo, and look to see how much of the SG is available.

After I buy the game, I check the SG before I play to know what kind of items to look for, and whether there is anything I have to find in the HOPS, like morphing objects.
It just saves me time and aggravation, and with luck, I don't have to play the game over, but I always seem to miss one or two things anyway, and LOVE the devs who let you go back after the bonus game, and collect what I missed.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 12, 14 4:58 PM
tookat wrote:After I buy the game, I check the SG before I play to know what kind of items to look for, and whether there is anything I have to find in the HOPS, like morphing objects.
It just saves me time and aggravation, and with luck, I don't have to play the game over, but I always seem to miss one or two things anyway, and LOVE the devs who let you go back after the bonus game, and collect what I missed.

That's why I always play the tutorial, even though I've been playing these games for years, because I don't want to miss anything. When the difficulty mode I'm playing doesn't allow me to play the tutorial, I do what you do and peek at the SG.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 12, 14 11:12 PM
I play the tutorial as well....just in case they have added some new twists.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 14, 14 6:02 AM
Me too. I'm glad there are more of us doing this. Rock on!!!

ETA: Ooopsies... Just realised I'd already said that. Oh well, I guess you can't say I'm not keen

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 7:20:40 AM PST

Go to: