Rant and message to BF

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Rant and message to BF

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Nov 8, 14 11:19 AM
Dear ,
I have been a longtime member. I have also been on other game sites playing multiplayer games so I know how it works.

I am so sick of peeps who nitpick about color, presentation video, pet helpers or just complaining in general. The loudest peeps don't speak for EVERYONE. I like color and once in a while pet helpers. No wonder developers don't come on the site anymore. Last one that came on the site to talk to us, someone was rude to him!

I don't even come to the forums anymore except for tech error and solutions. Good players are being driven away in the forums by peeps who don't even demo the game or don't like it for some dumb reason like maybe a character isn't what they want or there is a pet helper. Some of us liked that. Variety is the key.

And here's the biggest complaint, : "Its not my computer." I was a computer tech married to a computer tech. We built many computers over the years. That time is OVER. If you have to start replacing parts, IT IS YOUR COMPUTER. Lagging is the first problem. It is much cheaper to buy a computer than to replace parts and I will tell you why.

NOT ALL COMPUTERS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

There is software and hardware. You can replace the hardware, but the Operating system is much more than the "face" of the computer. It is the mind that tells the hardware what to do. Software has to be compatible. If you have an 8 year old computer, I can assure you that your hard drive has bad sectors on it and your motherboard can only support hardware that it was created to. It is only a matter of time before your computer dies. We are in a new technical revolution in computing.

You have been too good to us and peeps don't appreciate the freedom we get to comment without starting fights or just bad will.

So please make it like every other gamesite. This is a site to buy and play games, not to tell developers how to make them or what we want. You can't please everyone and this is getting ridiculous.
Thank you for giving us story, color, and the freedom to comment. Unfortunately, the loudest peeps are upsetting many like me by consistently complaining about nothing when the forums really should be about tech errors and solutions LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME SITE. And the loudest seem to get what they want. But they don't speak for everyone!

That's my rant and I've said my piece. Thank you for reading. We don't appreciate what we have until we loose it

Edited on 11/08/2014 at 12:04:15 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Rant and message to BF

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 8, 14 12:00 PM
The loudest peeps don't speak for EVERYONE.

LOL, indeed!
Speak for (only) yourself, please.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 8, 14 12:11 PM
I agree with her.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Nov 8, 14 12:25 PM
I would hate for the forum to become just a tech and solutions site. Most of the reviewers are doing a very good job, and should be able to continue doing so. I would also miss the comradery that exists between the majority who dislike the loud peeps

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Nov 8, 14 12:30 PM
Well said.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 8, 14 12:57 PM
Perfectly said, twinsoniclab!!

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Nov 8, 14 1:22 PM
cbtx wrote:Perfectly said, twinsoniclab!!

I agree!!

skullfun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by skullfun on Nov 8, 14 1:42 PM
I agree with Twinsoniclab. Bigfish is the leader in online gaming industry for a reason. They have great systems in play and staff that are very courteous and helpful. In addition there is Bigfish on facebook which I have found to be very helpful. People's negativity just has to be ignored. Tolerance is not always easy, but it is the healthiest way to avoid a full on assault of your nervous system. Thank you Bigfish for continuing to operate with customer consideration at all times. I value my membership because it's the one thing I do for myself (in this horrible economy) that brings me joy....

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Rant and message to BF

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 8, 14 2:15 PM
hippyfishie wrote:Dear ,
I have been a longtime member. I have also been on other game sites playing multiplayer games so I know how it works.

I am so sick of peeps who nitpick about color, presentation video, pet helpers or just complaining in general. The loudest peeps don't speak for EVERYONE. I like color and once in a while pet helpers. No wonder developers don't come on the site anymore. Last one that came on the site to talk to us, someone was rude to him!

I don't even come to the forums anymore except for tech error and solutions. Good players are being driven away in the forums by peeps who don't even demo the game or don't like it for some dumb reason like maybe a character isn't what they want or there is a pet helper. Some of us liked that. Variety is the key.

And here's the biggest complaint, : "Its not my computer." I was a computer tech married to a computer tech. We built many computers over the years. That time is OVER. If you have to start replacing parts, IT IS YOUR COMPUTER. Lagging is the first problem. It is much cheaper to buy a computer than to replace parts and I will tell you why.

NOT ALL COMPUTERS ARE CREATED EQUAL.

There is software and hardware. You can replace the hardware, but the Operating system is much more than the "face" of the computer. It is the mind that tells the hardware what to do. Software has to be compatible. If you have an 8 year old computer, I can assure you that your hard drive has bad sectors on it and your motherboard can only support hardware that it was created to. It is only a matter of time before your computer dies. We are in a new technical revolution in computing.

You have been too good to us and peeps don't appreciate the freedom we get to comment without starting fights or just bad will.

So please make it like every other gamesite. This is a site to buy and play games, not to tell developers how to make them or what we want. You can't please everyone and this is getting ridiculous.
Thank you for giving us story, color, and the freedom to comment. Unfortunately, the loudest peeps are upsetting many like me by consistently complaining about nothing when the forums really should be about tech errors and solutions LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME SITE. And the loudest seem to get what they want. But they don't speak for everyone!

That's my rant and I've said my piece. Thank you for reading. We don't appreciate what we have until we loose it

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Nov 8, 14 2:20 PM
I have to agree. Many times I have thought this. Someone finally put my feelings into words. I am always captivated by the genius that goes into making these games. If they don't work on my computer...I delete them. No big deal.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Nov 8, 14 2:23 PM

"That's my rant and I've said my piece. Thank you for reading. We don't appreciate what we have until we loose it"

everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but please, if you are writing something, please at least let the spell check work; it's LOSE , NOT "LOOSE" ....

Edited on 11/08/2014 at 2:27:05 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 8, 14 4:28 PM
blessed34 wrote:
cbtx wrote:Perfectly said, twinsoniclab!!

I agree!!
'
'
Me too.

Rant and message to BF

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Nov 8, 14 4:34 PM
hippyfishie wrote:

Thank you for giving us story, color, and the freedom to comment. ...And the loudest seem to get what they want. But they don't speak for everyone!

Thank you. These are my thoughts exactly, minus it being only for tech and support. I don't have a problem with someone mentioning, "Hey, I'm not a fan of cute helpers, so it's not for me, but if you like them, you'll probably enjoy it." The ones who do that, who have that gentle attitude, are fine. It's the ones who come on and say, "No more helpers! Stop with the helpers! (or fantasy stories, or "feminine" colors, etc.)" without acknowledging that it's their own taste that annoy me. Even if you say, "that's just my opinion," but your tone does not, it's hurtful for those of us who enjoy games with those elements... or with childlike stories (I'm 31, and I like both dark and lighthearted stories, depending on my mood--it does not make me "12 years old," or some other variant).

Honestly, I hardly want to come on the forums anymore because of the attitudes of some who complain incessantly about features on certain developers' games. So it's not your type of game? Then wait until next week for a new one that might be. The developers cannot please everyone, so we have developers with different styles. I like that Blue Tea is different from Eipix. I love both equally but for different reasons, and I'd hate to see either lose its personal character for the sake of conformity. Quality (animation, tech specs, etc.), yes. Conformity, no.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Nov 8, 14 4:39 PM
- - - Spell check won't work on lose and loose, because they are both correct spellings. They mean two different things, just like break and brake; bear and bare; and their, there, and they're. I could keep going for a couple of ours, I mean hours!

On the whole, I agree with cbtx et al, though Hippie has some good points, too. I have no problem with asking the devs to add a few things, such as jump maps and custom game settings. But I say "please consider," instead of insulting them.

I would hope everyone understands that reviews are personal opinions. I use them to help me decide if the game is worth testing - and I use those opinions in more than one way. Some reviewers love things I don't, and some love things I do. Some things that some hate are just a minor annoyance to me - if the game otherwise sounds like a good one. Other things are a minor annoyance to some, but will make the decision for me; for instance, I will not buy any game with timers, unless I have the option to turn them off!

I'm one of the ones that posts negative things. Unfortunately, they are easier for me to remember than the nice ones. I do try to list the things I like, or to say that, outside of the things I gripe about, it looks like a good game.

KleoBeBe
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by KleoBeBe on Nov 8, 14 9:23 PM
Thank you Hippyfishy! It is the truth that some reviewers complain, "No more fuzzy wuzzy animal helpers." or "I refuse to buy anymore games that have purple or pink." and so on. Well then don't buy the game, but telling BF or the devs to stop making certain games will not work because THE GAMES ARE POPULAR!

Giving your opinion is one thing. Saying you absolutely hate a certain way the game is made and wish you didn't have to deal with it anymore is another. Play the demo, leave your opinion and go home. Some people wish they didn't have to deal with your superfluous review.

Edited on 11/08/2014 at 9:24:33 PM PST

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by corkidorki on Nov 8, 14 10:45 PM
corkidorki wrote:
heleanthia wrote:
"That's my rant and I've said my piece. Thank you for reading. We don't appreciate what we have until we loose it"

everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, but please, if you are writing something, please at least let the spell check work; it's LOSE , NOT "LOOSE" ....

Do not know how to do this, but ,the above slam is exactly what we are talking about. Make sure to get your 2 cents worth in,eh. Be nice, play nice, and everyone can have an opinion and their own view w/out someone always tearing them apart for trivial bits. Spelling, wording. an opinion, etc...
This is what I was trying to respond to. I`m sure there`s grammar errors here also.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 9, 14 6:38 AM
Hippyfishie, thank you for your comments and if people are complaining unjustly then I agree with you.

At one time, a LOT of us came into the forums to review/comment or just discuss the games. I think that much of what was said was taken on board by the developers. Maybe it IS the WAY it is said now, I truly do not know, as I rarely come into the forums now and even less to comment on games or any posts.

The way I see it, is that we just let people rant if they want to, that is their choice but I do not condone anyone being rude to another poster and certainly not to a developer that comes to chat. If that happened, then I hope the errant poster apologised at some stage.

Anyway, as I always say happy gaming to all

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 9, 14 7:28 AM
Twinsoniclab wrote:

Of course! And that is just what nearly every post, including the negative ones do. They are nearly always prefaced with "in my opinion," or end with "but that's just my opinion, try for yourself."

The thing to do when we don't share that opinion is to accept that player has a different viewpoint than our own. No big deal. What is too glittery for me (some of the newer Dark Parables come to mind) may be perfect for you. The helpers that need diaper changes (okay, it hasn't gotten that bad... yet!) appeal to some, but not others. It's a valid opinion for one to state they "hate helpers that you have to dress." It's equally valid to say that you "love dressing the helpers!" There is no right or wrong, just differing opinions.

Someone actually sent me a text on this one. I was enjoying my Sunday with my buds - so annoying. LOL Nice going Twinsonilab. As one who reviews regularly, I am guilty of attacking those "cutesy" helpers. I was hoping the latest cutesy would either fly away or break down again. You have stated it very well. Usually I write "judge for yourself."

Logically, if BF did not want reviews, they would not provide in TWO locations a place to review. Wouldn't it be a little "boring" if EVERYONE JUST LOVED EVERY GAME? Please leave your reviews if you have an opinion of the game. Some of us like reading differing views - maybe we have missed something. I read everyone's reviews. These are opinions and my opinion and your opinion are all equal. Again, some of the best reviewers have stopped because they are hounded and criticized by others for their opinions.

I have also written many times that BF is a great company because they provide games for about EVERYONE. There are days during the week on this site with little or no action in the forums. I do not like Match 3 games but they have at least one per month. I like E'Kaki games (nonograms) - they provide those as well. I bet there are probably only a handful who like them. At least some of us review. I don't agree with Twinsoniclab on many games - but I know she reviews about every game as well.

Again, please don't attack the messenger (reviewer). Some on this site like to read our reviews. I receive messages from others on the site who like my humor and I have also received messages through the forums of others who do not.

The devs are in business. I am certain they care about what people want to purchase because it affects their income.

Edited on 11/09/2014 at 7:37:28 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 9, 14 7:55 AM
I think we all agree that everyone has their right to an opinion, there is no right or wrong opinion, blah blah blah... what many are opposed to and upset by are the snide little insults that question a person's intelligence and maturity for liking an aspect of the game. Good reviews insult neither the developer nor the reader.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 9, 14 8:02 AM
Hippiefishie wrote:

One final thought - I forgot to mention. My coworkers, one of which is a computer engineer and the other an EE (our IT guy) both helped "moi" build my gaming computer which relatively new and so terribly awesome. The graphics are breathtaking (making me want to cry). I will not argue with you, but in this game the graphics were pretty "blurry" but I will go back to double check. It could be my computer. At least to me, it seems that at time the graphics are not as clear and sharp as they could be in these games.

Go to: