catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 10, 14 1:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 5:18:51 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 10, 14 5:19 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 10, 14 6:20 AM
Running on Windows 7; got to the gate, put the fuse in and game froze on me, cursor went bonkers. Couldn't even CAD, had to do a hard shut down.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 10, 14 6:58 AM
Good morning Got to the Cursed Island , read the newspaper, went to gate, came back with handle to get blade and newspaper pops up on screen. Can't go forward or backwards. Just stuck with a newspaper. Had to exit. Windows 7.

MamaTraci
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MamaTraci on Nov 10, 14 8:57 AM
Windows 8 got to the Island went to the gate got the handle came back to the dock newspaper popped up and will not close. I have exited the game and restarted with the same issue. Have not even been able to finish the trial.

5224f
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by 5224f on Nov 10, 14 9:03 AM
Had to use task manager to shut down. Had same issues listed above. Running on windows 7. Shame it seemed like a good game. I continued trying to play even after newspaper clipping was frozen on top of screen, but when I went to replace fuse the cursor went wild and the game was unresponsive.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Nov 10, 14 9:25 AM
Finished the first HOS. Then the screen went black and is completely unresponsive. Using Windows 8.1. This happened as soon as I purchased the game.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Nov 10, 14 9:36 AM
Like others, the newspaper clipping pops up to stay. You can do things under it to some extent, but you can't really see what you're doing. I was able to return with the handle, and use the machete before it happened, I see some have the newspaper issue then. Mine was after returning with the gloves to use on the sparking wires.

What a shame, finally find a game I want and this happens.

Windows 8.1.

ETA - I strongly suggest BFG get this glitch worked out, because I downloaded the game from elsewhere, it continued from where I left off the BFG demo, and the newspaper went away, just like it was supposed to, leaving the sparkling HOS in full view!

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 10:14:29 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Nov 10, 14 10:30 AM
The HINT Button Has stopped working in the Jungle & further on.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Nov 10, 14 10:59 AM
I too have the newspaper clipping blocking the screen. Until fixed would not consider buying.

sewandsew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by sewandsew on Nov 10, 14 11:16 AM
Same problem with newspaper, Windows 7. Won't buy until glitch fixed.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 10, 14 11:57 AM
Same problem with Windows 7 and newspaper. Poor BFG quality assurance yet again. Too bad, seemed like an enjoyable SE. If BF doesn't improve QA, it could find itself in trouble. On the plus side BF is very good about replacing faulty games. But it needs to be more proactive so that these glitches are not released to the public.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 10, 14 12:31 PM
Just an update. Downloaded game from another gaming site, and had no problems. In fairness, the other site had it as a CE. Something probably happened in the switch to SE. C'mon BF you're better than this. Should have been proofed.

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Nov 10, 14 1:43 PM
Same problem as above with newspaper. Cannot get any further. Running Windows 8.1

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Nov 10, 14 4:16 PM
cannot get all the scarabs because if it is in a pop up round window the window shuts down immediately after you get the required item...no time to get the stupid scarab...I think it should remain open until everything is retrieved from an area...also other areas did not shut down until u left and item was picked up...so a but glitch in some areas not totally unplayable but extremely annoying...and frustrating. they should fix them not cool to put out games with issues a shrink cannot fix.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 10, 14 5:40 PM
Same complaint as I saw earlier. Got in the jungle a ways and the hint stopped working. Other than that a nice little game. (so far) I hope it can be fixed. I don't use the hint often but sometimes it's necessary.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 10, 14 9:18 PM
Same problem here too. Got to the gate but when went back to the dock the newspaper popped up and won't go back down. Completely stuck because of this. I am running XP. Please fix this game. Still waiting for fixes on other games too.

abdulz69
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by abdulz69 on Nov 11, 14 1:43 AM
No walkthrough (?) and the "Hint" button stopped working during the demo. Not a buy for me.

Scout4107
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Scout4107 on Nov 11, 14 7:34 AM
Windows 7 - got to the bridge over volcanic lava and see the sparkles for hidden object. When I click on the sparkles the bar which shows the items to find is black. This is the 3rd game I have purchased recently which is flawed. Getting very leery here.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Nov 11, 14 9:58 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:Same problem with Windows 7 and newspaper. Poor BFG quality assurance yet again. Too bad, seemed like an enjoyable SE. If BF doesn't improve QA, it could find itself in trouble. On the plus side BF is very good about replacing faulty games. But it needs to be more proactive so that these glitches are not released to the public.

Same issues for me... & same sentiments re hoping BFG can upscale its work on DRM wrap / pre-release testing to hold to a higher quality control.
It's true that BFG's wonderful about replacing games, yet I imagine most of us prefer the games to work in the first place!

Go to: