catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Quest of the Sorceress here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 11, 14 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 11/11/2014 at 7:23:26 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Quest of the Sorceress here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 11, 14 7:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Quest of the Sorceress here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Quest of the Sorceress.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

Edited on 11/11/2014 at 7:23:14 AM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Nov 11, 14 1:21 PM
I didn't like this game at all. It took a long time for it to load on my HP with Windows 8.1. I didn't like having to take turns with a monster. All I looked for was things to hit him with. I didn't take time to make any of the other matches I need to progress in this game. I didn't have to play long to realize this wasn't the game for me.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 11, 14 5:03 PM
I own a game similar to this one, called "Puzzle Hero". I love that game. You take turns in a M3 game to defeat the creature on the other side of the board - your enemy.

This game play the same way. However, whereas in "Puzzle Hero" you can buy and upgrade weapons and armour for your character with coins you earn, you can't do that in this game.

Also the colours and the graphics are much better in "Puzzle Hero".

What I disliked most while playing "Quest of the Sorceress" (apart from the fact that Ihad to use that ugly cursor and couldn't choose the system one), was the constant flashing when the two characters attacked each other.
Firstly, I don't like to play games that add a lightning-type of flashes, and secondly while the flashes occurred, I couldn't see the details of the board. So you didn't know whether your opponent had a M3 or a M4 in his favour.

In "Puzzle Hero" you see everything clearly - no flashes. When you do a M4 instead of just a M3, you get to go again. From what I have seen, I am guessing you can do the same with "Quest of the Sorceress", but because of all the flashes, I couldn't be sure.

It's too bad, because I like this type of game, but the ugly cursor, the ugly board tiles, the limited gameplay, and the flashes, make this a no-buy for me.

[Post New]by hermit851 on Nov 12, 14 5:38 AM
I love M3 games, but lately they've become rather repetitive. This is a refreshing change of pace. Yes, there are flashing lights, but you can increase your skills by earning diamonds as you fight off the enemy. It's fast-paced and requires a different kind of thinking -- do I attack or defend, or try to improve my health to fend off the other player -- all while making matches. It's worth a coupon to me!

Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

REVIEWS for Quest of the Sorceress here!

[Post New]by Cards13 on Nov 14, 14 1:25 PM
I want to compliment Valdy for an excellent review.

I own Puzzle Quest 1, Puzzle Quest 2 & Puzzle Quest Galactrix. All of which I find truly exceptional games & I believe Quest of the Sorceress is attempting to mimic these games. But because of all the flashes - it is difficult to see the effects of your moves and virtually impossible to see the effects of your enemy's moves. I was not even able to see my opponent's moves.

For me, the most challenging part of this game is attempting to figure out what if any strategy there was. There is no help and the instructions were of little value. I want to enjoy a game because I understand what I am doing and enjoying it. The struggle to understand what-the-heck the game is about should not be the only challenging part of the game.

Puzzle Hero is a good game, but for me Puzzle Quest was more of a challenge. If anyone knows of a game as "worthy" as Puzzle Quest for a Match 3 chess game - please PM me. I saw others mention Puzzle Quest in their reviews of Quest of the Sorceress so I immediately downloaded it, only to be disappointed.

To know why I was disappointed, please read Valdy's excellent review.

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 1:28:18 PM PST

[Post New]by marcelle48 on Nov 18, 14 2:47 PM
I love this game. At first it was hard to figure out how to defend myself but after playing and figuring things out I found it to be very challenging and yet awesome.

I've defeated the challengers by learning their ways. It doesn't tell you how to play or what's the process of winning but it's a challenge which is what I like in a game.

I'm mostly HO player but Quest of the Sorceress is a great game!

Go to: