catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for DragonScales: Chamber of the Dragon Whisperer here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 12, 14 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 11/12/2014 at 5:50:03 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for DragonScales: Chamber of the Dragon Whisperer here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 12, 14 5:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on DragonScales: Chamber of the Dragon Whisperer here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on DragonScales: Chamber of the Dragon Whisperer.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for DragonScales: Chamber of the Dragon Whisperer here!

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 12, 14 10:55 AM
I agree, I didn't like the creepy guy. But the game play was kind of fun and interesting. Good strategy game

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Nov 12, 14 1:08 PM
Hi all!
I just demoed the game, and I actually like it so far, (well, to be honest, I played the demo for almost the entire trial time!) It is a different type of game, a good thinking one. (Yes, the guy is a tad creepy, but he is a well done creepy guy,to me, compared to some of the Halloween creepy guys in recent games!)
And as it is different from the M3's that I do enjoy many of, to me, it is different in a good way. Typically I do not enjoy the timed games, however, I found that the timer (so far,) hasn't had me on edge, it is pretty generous. It may go faster as the game progresses, I'll have to see. But I am going to purchase with today's deal.
(Thank you for the sale!) As I am on a tight budget, I am ever so grateful for your sales. I don't mind loosening the tight purse strings so much!
As we all have different tastes, and with all games, please do give it a try gang, you may find you enjoy the different take on the traditional M3's. It is different like Treasure Island. Which,after a bit of getting used to, as it isn't a slide/chain or other, I ended up loving that one, even with the timer. And one of the skeletons actually taught me a new dance move! Lol....
So, I do hope that you try and like it too!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'm having a and party, so everyone is welcome to swim on by and join in on the fun!

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Nov 12, 14 1:58 PM
Interesting and different game. I would have considered buying it, but it's timed and you can't turn the timer off so no buy for me.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Nov 12, 14 9:19 PM
lvd04 wrote:Interesting and different game. I would have considered buying it, but it's timed and you can't turn the timer off so no buy for me.

Hi Ivd04!
I just wanted to let you know that I haven't seen the timer since I surpassed level 3, I believe. So, I hope this helps you and others in your decision as to weather or not to give at least the trial a try! And the timer is very generous to begin with.
I am truly enjoying this game the more I progress, which as I wasn't sure I would to begin with. But it is really fun! Makes ya think, and heaven knows by brain isn't getting any younger! But this is good brain food! And there are different color challenges each level to fulfill.
I hope all you fellow fishies who are holding back due to the timer issue, please don't, I believe you will find it just as fun as I do. And I am not a fan of the timers either.
Have fun and enjoy all.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 17, 14 8:06 PM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 4:44:57 PM PST

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Nov 19, 14 2:36 AM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 4:41:57 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 26, 14 4:37 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this very unique match 3 game. Some levels easy some very hard, especially some of the timed levels...yes there are some timed levels even in the untimed mode. Frustrating thing about the timed levels, if you don't make it the first time the timer goes by even faster on repeated tries. I found that I had to exit the game and come back into it to start the level over with the original timer.

The game was untimed for me except for a very few levels. Not sure why other gamers are finding a timer through the whole game.

Loved the voice over, but at the beginning you have no choice about the tutorial...if you can wade through that, this game is a lot of fun....although it is a bit short...not many levels which is too bad.

Very nice graphics and music is appropriate. I love dragons so I really enjoyed the beautiful graphics.

I'd wait for it to come on sale only because you may feel you didn't get your money's worth at full price because of the length. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 4:39:41 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 28, 14 9:41 PM
Really unique reverse M3 puzzle game; enjoyed the various twists introduced in each new dragon chamber. Beautiful graphics and soothing soundtrack. The tutorials are excellent although some players may feel overly nannied with them. You also can't skip them and have to watch them again if you replay the board for any reason. Lots of powerups available for purchase but I didn't use most of them at all. Replaying boards will earn you more coins to buy powerups if you should get stuck on a board farther down.

Only 9 of the 56 boards are timed so it pays to take your time in the other boards planning out your strategy as this is definitely a thinking game and not a clickfest. I found the difficulty to be quite variable from board to board as some were very challenging and then there would be a spate of easy ones. Game length a bit short, so I'm glad I bought it during a sale.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Dec 13, 14 6:22 PM

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 4:42:46 PM PST

[Post New]by mariello on Dec 21, 14 3:51 AM
Morning fellow fishies! I am about half way through and I am enjoying this different type of M3. Graphics are great, music chill worthy after a tough day at work. This is more of a puzzle than just switching pieces. You have to take your time on this game...can't tell you how many times I boxed myself in and had to start over. Don't be put off about the timer...it's only in a few levels. I hope I see more of this developers games come to BF. Try it out and have fun.

Go to: