Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Daily Deal Nov 12 2014

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Nov 12, 14 4:29 AM
I was thinking about getting this game but got stuck on the book puzzle and wanted to skip it (lack of time - have to go to work soon). I could not figure out how to let go of the book on the cursor so that I could select SKIP. I see JTF wrote about this in a locked thread (and somehow got around this issue). I had to ESC out. So, thinking that that is a precursor of things to come, I'm going to pass on this game. Too bad because the story looked like it might be interesting.

Anyone have advice about the book puzzle?

Jorie

Re:Daily Deal Nov 12 2014

[Post New]by rescuedogs on Nov 12, 14 10:08 AM
I went through the same thing.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Nov 12, 14 4:04 PM
I skipped the book puzzle because I couldn't figure out how to replace one book with another but continued and made it all the way through the demo. I don't know who thought up this game but I have to say it is about the most annoying game I have ever attempted to play. It might be good to have on hand if you want to bug your neighbors. Just turn the volume up as loud as you can and then start moving through the HOPS, clicking on random objects. You can have horns honking, a metronome that plays bass, a bullhorn that blares "We know you're in there!!!", doorbells, etc.

I like my neighbors and it's very quiet here all the time so I can't use it.

One puzzle that I actually would have finished went wonky in the middle and I ended up with one piece missing (it was phagocytized by the puzzle or something) and so I had to skip it. I'm serious - all I had to do was place nine pieces which I had but then one piece jumped to the middle of the puzzle all by itself and I kept trying to put it back with the other pieces and it wouldn't go and then it vanished into the puzzle so I was left with a piece missing.

Also, this game is very short. I think I would have easily finished it in another hour, not that I had any idea what I was supposed to be doing. I ended up skipping most of the puzzles.

I admit I'm curious to see what would happen but after finding myself in the worst junkpile HOG I've ever seen - like a HOG player's nightmare junkpile HOG - I don't think I want to go back there. I know this is an alien culture but still...

So this is a no-buy for me, even at the great DD price.

Why are all the review threads locked now? What is going on with BF? In some games every single thread has been locked, including tech issues threads.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 13, 14 11:59 AM
Hey Jurinne

I'm really sorry for all the locked threads Recently the forums went through a little change that automatically locks threads that have been inactive for 180 days or longer. Locking these older, inactive threads helps improve stability and performance of the forum system.

If you’d like to start a new thread on the same topic, you’re definitely more than welcome to do so! We definitely want you all to continue discussing the game

In addition to this, if you’d like to reference the older thread so others can find the older posts, you can definitely copy and paste the URL into your post. Please keep in mind, however, that in keeping with the Forum Rules, only links from the Big Fish website can be included in a post.

I hope this information helps, but if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods!

bfgVaiya

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 13, 14 5:16 PM
Wanted to make a comment in reviews but I was locked out. Why is that?

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Nov 13, 14 5:17 PM
I hate this

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 14, 14 3:51 PM
Hi mtvoyager,

As bfgVaiya mentioned above, the review thread for Pagiarii was locked because it was inactive for at least 180 or longer. Since you'd wanted to post a review for the game, I did go ahead and create a new review thread here:

Please post your REVIEWS for Plagiarii here!

I hope this helps and that you'll now be able to post your review.

bfgWaimea

Go to: