MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

MONSTER ONLY TAKES HITS FROM 4-LETTER WORDS

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 12, 14 8:35 AM

REALLY??? Gee, that's odd because every 4-letter word that I provide ALLOWS the MONSTER to ATTACK as well any words that have MORE THAN 4 letters in a word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody want to explain this to me??????

MEnr56

MONSTER ONLY TAKES HITS FROM 4-LETTER WORDS

[Post New]by baconbanditgames on Nov 15, 14 4:01 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

REALLY??? Gee, that's odd because every 4-letter word that I provide ALLOWS the MONSTER to ATTACK as well any words that have MORE THAN 4 letters in a word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody want to explain this to me??????

MEnr56

Hi,

Thanks for trying out Letter Quest. I'm one of the 2 developers (we're a really small company!) that made Letter Quest.

Every monster that you fight gets one turn to attack or use a special ability every time you spell a word - this is a turn-based game. The general flow of every battle in the game is:
spell a word -> monster attacks -> spell a word -> monster attacks -> spell a word

That continues until you either run out of health, or you defeat all monsters in the stage.

The monster you are referring to only takes damage from words that are exactly 4 letters long. If you spell a 3 or 5 letter word, for example, it will do 0 (zero) damage to the monster. The monster will always attack you after you spell a word, no matter how short or long the word is.

Later in the game there are monsters that can only be damaged by lots of different types of things, such as words that have to start with a vowel, words that have to contain at least 2 vowels, words that contain one or more corner letters (literally letters that are in the 4 corners of the board, so the top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right).

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Go to: