catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 13, 14 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 5:37:55 AM PST

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by maryerbe on Nov 13, 14 5:05 AM
goodmorning,my game wont install ,any ideas? thank you

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 13, 14 5:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Nov 13, 14 11:31 AM
The Bonus game crashes the game every time when loading is at 15 or 16%!

I'm on a MacPro running Yosemite.

[Post New]by Thumpercoach on Nov 13, 14 1:15 PM
I am having issues with the HOP not activating in the strategy room. Once I placed the second door handle it flashed and returned to the game but I can't get back to the HOP or get the shield.

myskippy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by myskippy on Nov 13, 14 1:38 PM
I have a PC. The demo version loads all right. But I cannot open it to play. Anyone else have this issue. I have windows 7. Thanks

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on Nov 13, 14 1:56 PM
Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

[Post New]by minnie2251 on Nov 13, 14 4:13 PM
I cannot even start the main game, it crashes when loading is at 40%.

I have a MacBookPro and runinng 10.9.5.

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on Nov 13, 14 10:06 PM
minnie2251 wrote:I cannot even start the main game, it crashes when loading is at 40%.

Same problem, crashes to desktop when loading reaches 40%

Mac Pro 10.6.8

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 14, 14 3:40 AM
SubaruFrog wrote:
minnie2251 wrote:I cannot even start the main game, it crashes when loading is at 40%.

Same problem, crashes to desktop when loading reaches 40%

Mac Pro 10.6.8

To SubaruFrog!
Wondering if your problem is due to the old OS ?
There has been 4 releases since v10.6 (Snow Leopard) came out!

Both Mavericks & Yosemite are free!

Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard - 2009)
Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion - 2011)
OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion - 2012)
OS X v10.9 (Mavericks - 2013)
OS X v10.10 (Yosemite - 2014)
-------------
Have had no gaming problem on my iMac 2011, running OS X v10.10 - Yosemite.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 14, 14 5:03 AM
Game crashes when it hits 27% of loading on a Mac Book Pro running 10.8.5.

I guess no one thought to test this with a Mac Book Pro as so far there are reports of crashing with 4 different OS with this laptop.

swedane - There is a report of a MacBook Pro running Mavericks and one with Yosemite with the same issue, so it's not the operating system. Upgrading to Mavericks or Yosemite with also drastically slow down an older machine, so that should be approached with caution.

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 5:10:02 AM PST

[Post New]by whitneypresley on Nov 14, 14 9:41 AM
same issue kazooie2628

kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

[Post New]by Zupergreen on Nov 14, 14 11:16 AM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:Game crashes when it hits 27% of loading on a Mac Book Pro running 10.8.5.

I guess no one thought to test this with a Mac Book Pro as so far there are reports of crashing with 4 different OS with this laptop.

The same thing happens to me, when it hits 28% of loading the game crashes. However, I'm using a Mac Mini running 10.6.8 and not a Mac Book Pro. So maybe the problem is related to Macs in general...

[Post New]by ammlloyd on Nov 14, 14 11:35 AM
Game won't install. When you select "install now" it opens the game manager but there is nothing there.

On a PC running Windows 8.

poidog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Yet another Mac problem

[Post New]by poidog on Nov 14, 14 1:34 PM
My game crashes when it loads to 35%. I'm using a MacBook Pro running Yosemite.

[Post New]by SlipperFish on Nov 14, 14 3:09 PM
Exited the game, to take a break, and upon restarting got a message saying profile data was corrupt and game would start again at the beginning.

So sad. I was through to the fresh waterfall room with the pipe. I don't really enjoy repeating all that work and worry about exiting and losing my place again.

Running Yosemite on 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro

[Post New]by aniahpl on Nov 14, 14 5:27 PM
Hello,
I got to the balcony in the palace and I wanted to clean the dirt with the conch brush but it doesn't move, it's stuck

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 14, 14 7:20 PM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.

I am running Yosemite and the same thing is happening to me! The demo version worked well and I bought the game - now I cant move beyond because the screen freezes on this scene. Weird. Any help most welcome.

[Post New]by fangmcgee on Nov 14, 14 7:23 PM
I have the problem of the screen dimming and then not being able to click on anything when I'm in the bonus game. Specifically, the skeleton with the shield in the Water Gate. I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite. Any suggestions? I can't proceed otherwise.

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Nov 14, 14 7:29 PM
I'm having the same problem as fangmcgee. Game doesn't crash but the only thing you can do is navigate out of there using the map.

Yosemite, 3.06 GHz Intel, 8GB RAM, Safari 8 (Safari 4 is in game system requirements?)

Go to: