New Offer 11/13/14 Big Failure

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 13, 14 1:13 AM

You need to feed Dryad at neighbors but I cant find any, they ran away!? NONE.

Also, unable to feed the unicorn at anyone's house! What's up with that?

Big Fish, are you listening? Hope so!

Lots of fixes needed at the start, hope when I come home from work they'll all be set right!

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

Re:New Offer 11/13/14 Big Failure

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Nov 13, 14 3:32 AM
After you open an offer, you have to refresh the game in order for offer creatures to appear at your neighbors.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Nov 13, 14 7:30 AM
I'm finding only pirates at my neighbors. Maybe after day change the other creatures will appear.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 13, 14 8:41 AM
Maybe it is part of the "Big Failure?" A bit of a joke on us? It is funny that the name of the offer is Big Failure and was released right after the glitches we just experienced in this game with the competitions. Maybe they saw the recent thread in which someone asked if the game was falling apart and decided to have a little fun with it.

Sophie0254
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sophie0254 on Nov 13, 14 10:06 AM
I just visited 98 neighbors I found only 4 dryads and 6 unicorns, all of whom dropped a charger. Maybe when Commander Beard leaves our normal creatures will return. We only need a total of 8 chargers each, so there really should be no problem. They are giftable.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 13, 14 10:14 AM
Out of 112 neighbors, I got ONE unicorn and THREE dryads. And over 60 Commander Beards. So you are probably right, Sophie. I am sure that pirate is scaring the other creatures away.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Nov 13, 14 7:53 PM
Found Hydro Steam Pipe in the Study - Reversed Mode- trying to set up my rooms in order - night/ reversed/ ghost/ twillight . Hope this helps Component of the Mysterious Motor.
11/14 Found Blue Dosimeter - Alchemist Tower in Ghost Mode- nothing used-setting up my rooms in the above order. Component of the Control Joy Stick.
11/14 Found Antigravity Plunger in the Library - Jumbled Mode - Twillight Genie- Component of the Mysterious Motor.
As I stated above I am setting up all of my rooms, so far so good .

Lilybells

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 10:58:22 PM PST

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 14, 14 1:04 AM
Thanks fellow fishes for sharing, here's a couple items found so far:

antigravity plunger- gazebo -reversed
diamond screw-cellar-reversed
magical compound-lab-twilight genies
lazarus adapter-treasury-night
ruby panel- boulangerie-ghost I found 2 of these both in Paris in ghost

Good luck

Triksie_1308
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Triksie_1308 on Nov 14, 14 6:25 AM
Lilybells wrote:Found Antigravity Plunger in the Library - Jumbled Mode

Am now quite confused
I thought to find the part for the Mysterious Motor only inReversed Mode.???

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 6:26:16 AM PST

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Nov 14, 14 9:26 AM
Hi Fishes

I found 2 Ruby Panels in Manor Ghost mode also found
Purple Lever T.O.K Night mode
Assembly Manual T.O.K Night mode
Vacuum Wiring T.O.K Night mode
Lazarus Adapter T.O.K Night mode

Happy Hunting

Edit Sorry Starmagicgreen I was just going from 1 room to the next as the last quest wanted items found in shadow mode and all my rooms were in night mode and thought " That's handy as mine are now on night mode " and just searched each 1 and nearly every room dropped 1 item each

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 10:19:07 PM PST

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Nov 14, 14 1:30 PM
Triksie_1308 wrote:
Lilybells wrote:Found Antigravity Plunger in the Library - Jumbled Mode

Am now quite confused
I thought to find the part for the Mysterious Motor only inReversed Mode.???

I am positive Triskie, as I wrote everything down as I was going along.Keep in mind that I had already set-up all of my rooms in reversed, night, twillight, and ghost, so when I happened to hit this room while it was in Jumble Mode with a Twillight Genie the Plunger was waiting for me. Hope this clarifies any confusion. I got this idea from someone else who had set up their rooms this way, I'm sure someone on this forum knows who it was. ? Tinberella??? All I know is that it is finally paying off for me with both Quest: "Turn of History" & " Big Failure"

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 14, 14 1:30 PM

Triksie,

My "take"on that meant -while in jumbled mode but chasing away the twilight genies, that makes a difference, believe it or not!

Hope this makes sense

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 14, 14 1:38 PM

Deadme,

I spent from midnite to 3am tying to find anything in TOK and not just in night played through the modes and as I said found one only.
Do you remember what room?
Thanks appreciate it,

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Nov 14, 14 1:49 PM
Starmagicgreen,

I dont know if you have noticed but we have two threads going on for this offer. in the other thread, there are details as to where the objects are being found.
For the night mode ones in TOK, people have mentioned the treasury for the lazarus adapter, and the following rooms for the assembly manual: stables, alchemist tower, tilt yard, boudoir.

I have not been in TOK or anywhere else yet except for manor, and only played for about 30 mins, and haven't found anything yet so i dont have any tips i'm afraid but the other thread has quite a bit of info.
good luck

Edit to add: I hope a bfg moderator(?) reads this: I think a link should be added to this thread to redirect players to the other thread, and lock this one, so that all the info stays in one place only.

EDIT - seems my suggestion to lock this thread might have been interpreted as some kind of insult to the creator of the thread. It ain't the case, as explained in my post below.
Mods: please do as you you fit.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 12:12:47 PM PST

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 14, 14 3:03 PM
Saturnina,

I posted a new discussion and you want to lock it because more than one discussion is ??

Have I noticed? You know I have if you've read both discussions,

You've lost me, please explain.

I have edited this for Saturnina to add that I created my discussion when none were there, and therefore none to reply to.

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 3:35:22 PM PST

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 14, 14 3:55 PM
Just my humble opinion, but it is a bit confusing to have two threads going at the same time. I have to read through both to make sure I don't miss anything. This has happened in the past, where two people both made threads at close to the same time that an offer came out, and eventually a mod locked one of them. Perhaps Saturnina remembered this happening and was merely suggesting something that has been done in this forum in the past.

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Nov 14, 14 6:48 PM
I started this quest about 45 minutes after it was released and have not had much success finding very many of the items. Searching for help I have been following all the suggestions from the others that are sharing their success (and frustration), on both threads. Their tips did aid me with finding the items I have so far, and I thank everyone.

I would like to share a link with everyone that completely outlines with new quest.

http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quests#Big_Failure

It outlines exactly what area, mode needed and the reward for completing the quest.

I hope it helps, and good luck everyone. (I am going to post this on both threads)

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Nov 15, 14 1:14 AM
How refreshing! More dew! Thanks for posting that Sue.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 15, 14 9:16 AM
Beth87112 wrote:How refreshing! More dew! Thanks for posting that Sue.
LOLOLOL, I hear it is good for the skin, Beth.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Nov 15, 14 11:36 AM
starmagicgreen wrote:Saturnina,

I posted a new discussion and you want to lock it because more than one discussion is ??

Have I noticed? You know I have if you've read both discussions,

You've lost me, please explain.

I have edited this for Saturnina to add that I created my discussion when none were there, and therefore none to reply to.

Oh dear. My post was not meant to ruffle anyone's feathers.
It is merely more sensible to keep all posts relating to the same offer in one place - which is what i already mentioned in my post. It is purely for the benefit of everyone, to find all of the information in one place instead of having to check 2 threads. It sounds to me like you are taking it personal. It really isn't.

I was trying to help the community, and i certainly wasn't trying to undermine this thread - i suggested this one should be locked based on the fact that there are less posts and less views in this one compared to the other one.
It really is not a big deal.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 12:14:33 PM PST

Go to: