FROGs

[Post New]by cocky2 on Nov 13, 14 9:00 AM
I actually like FROGs but I find these are not as good as the previous
Blue Tea ones IMO.
Most of the time I do not have the sound on, I tied it for this game but found
the voices did not seem to suit the players

Re:FROGs

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 13, 14 1:57 PM
I just LOVE...FROGS and have always been happy with the way BT has done them, it is one of the main reasons, I so look forward to their games.
Since these have been toned down, I found it a lot easier to find, the fragments, so I miss the challenge, the adornments added, in previous games, BUT it won't stop me from buying, the FUN game play, is still there, just wish they wouldn't change things, that are not broken ... .

BT games have always been a favorite of mine, for a reason, PLEASE keep the reasons why, they are unique and different, from other games, it is why I buy them .

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 13, 14 2:31 PM
I don't think Blue Tea had anything to do with it. They weren't mentioned anywhere in the credits...just BFG and Eipix.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 13, 14 4:27 PM
I dislike FROGs, so I am probably the only HOPA fan that doesn't own any Dark Parables games!

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Nov 13, 14 5:02 PM
I've played about 5 or 6 hidden object scenes . They were ALL FROGS .

Is there going to be any HO scenes that aren't FROGS , with words and items ?

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 13, 14 5:59 PM
I have no feelings either way on FROGs but I do agree that of the two scenes I've played in this game, they are much harder than the previous Blue Tea games. I loved the first bunch of Blue Tea games because the graphics were gorgeous and sparkly (I'm sorry but I love sparkly things, I can't help it) but I always hated the FROGs because the objects to find stood out. I used to try to find as many fragmented objects as I could without looking at the bottom. I managed to do it a few times. This game does appear to be more difficult.

But I will say, this game doesn't appear as sharp as the previous games. Or does it? These games have been around for years and as our computers get better and our expectations get higher, I can't help but wonder if we just need/want more. HD graphics and a slightly different type of play? I don't know. I demoed but I'm not sure if it's a buy.

My husband has Van Halen playing. Maybe I'll listen to that a little bit longer as I decide

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Nov 13, 14 6:16 PM
RaceCat3 wrote:I dislike FROGs, so I am probably the only HOPA fan that doesn't own any Dark Parables games!

Nope... I also don't own any LOL. Makes two of us at least

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 13, 14 6:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of BTG's use of FROGs because the scenes always seemed very busy and some of the fragments were very, very small or were well blended with other objects. The FROG scenes in this game were much better IMO, and I still found it challenging enough without hitting the hint button too many times.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 14 7:45 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Hespera wrote:I don't think Blue Tea had anything to do with it. They weren't mentioned anywhere in the credits...just BFG and Eipix.

Blue Tea was the first name shown when the game first opened, before the Eipix shots. And for weeks, probably months, the gaming sites have been abuzz with the news that Blue Tea and Eipix were collaborating on this game.

That's right. Blue Tea Games was mentioned first. However, when you go to their site, this game is not advertised there.

I think that, after taking over the series, Eipix added their name out of courtesy, and so that those gamers who are not aware of or familiar with the series know who developed the previous games.

--- --- ---

Oh, and about the FROGs... I like FROGs, but have never liked the ones in this series. Too many items stuffed into the 3 slots for my liking, and they are not easily spotted, even though they are easier to find than they used to be when Blue Tea Games thought it was clever to use the same colour for the items and background.

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 7:47:04 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 13, 14 9:29 PM
FROGS ? yippie ! FROGS are the perfect bait to hook this Fishie ...downloading now
I'm so glad I clicked this thread and read my fellow Fishies discussion about this new Dark Parable CE thank you all for discussing this game and mentioning FROGS

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 14, 14 5:51 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Hespera wrote:I don't think Blue Tea had anything to do with it. They weren't mentioned anywhere in the credits...just BFG and Eipix.

Blue Tea was the first name shown when the game first opened, before the Eipix shots. And for weeks, probably months, the gaming sites have been abuzz with the news that Blue Tea and Eipix were collaborating on this game.

It's quite possible all collaboration happened before the game was done, i.e. traditions, ideas, methodologies about the franchise were exchanged. I have no idea what 'gaming sites' were buzzing with what. All I know is that Blue Tea staff, including Steven Zhao, appeared no where in the game credits, not even as to story line - it was all BFG and Eipix people, which strongly suggests that the entire franchise rights were purchased and the game was done solely by those two entities.

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Nov 16, 14 6:12 PM
For all the discussion about whether this is really a Blue Tea Game, you need to go read the thread "Not A Blue Tea Game!" The explanation is there, from a BF moderator.

Firehorse

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Nov 16, 14 6:14 PM
cheekyoops wrote:I've played about 5 or 6 hidden object scenes . They were ALL FROGS .

Is there going to be any HO scenes that aren't FROGS , with words and items ?

I have finished the game and bonus game, and do not remember ANY HOS that were anything BUT FROGS.

Firehorse

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 6:17:38 PM PST

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Nov 16, 14 6:17 PM
RaceCat3 wrote:I dislike FROGs, so I am probably the only HOPA fan that doesn't own any Dark Parables games!

I am REALLY curious, RaceCat, if you don't like FROGS, and don't own any Dark Parable games, what brought you here to this forum to make this comment? Not making a judgement, just found this very funny!

Firehorse

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 17, 14 12:07 AM
I loathe FROGS. I can't stand the constant clicking trying to find the pieces. I don't buy Dark Parables or Blue Tea Games. They need to get it together because there are missing out on a whole fan base of HOG lovers who also hate FROGS..

Go to: