dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

NOT A BLUE TEA GAME !!!!

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Nov 13, 14 7:54 PM
I played about 10 minutes and deleted it. I wasn't like the original games at all. It was just dull and flat looking - nothing like the others. The original had a rich colors and lovely drawn scenes. This one had nothing like that.was like a whole different came with just the Dark Parables name.

I was told that that Blue Tea is no longer doing this series. Sorry but I won't be buying this one. Guess I will just have to play my other ones.

Haberyan
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:NOT A BLUE TEA GAME !!!!

[Post New]by Haberyan on Nov 14, 14 5:29 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 8:54:05 AM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

NOT A BLUE TEA GAME !!!!

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 14, 14 1:59 PM
dlk_shades wrote:I played about 10 minutes and deleted it. I wasn't like the original games at all. It was just dull and flat looking - nothing like the others. The original had a rich colors and lovely drawn scenes. This one had nothing like that.was like a whole different came with just the Dark Parables name.

I was told that that Blue Tea is no longer doing this series. Sorry but I won't be buying this one. Guess I will just have to play my other ones.

But it said it was Blue Tea game at the beginning?

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 14, 14 2:28 PM
Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming by and thought I'd help to clear up some of the confusion on what's happening with the new Dark Parables game, Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide Collector's Edition.

After Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition was released, Blue Tea Games decided that the were going to shift their focus. Not wanting to see a popular game series end so suddenly, Eipix Entertainment decided to step in and continue on with the series.

While the games will have the splash screen for Blue Tea Games, Eipix Entertainment and Big Fish Games, the game is now being solely developed and produced by Eipix. We hope that you enjoy the latest installment in the Dark Parable series, and any stylistic differences with the game has been agreed upon between the two developers.

I hope this helps to clear up some of the confusion.

bfgLianorm

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Nov 14, 14 7:10 PM
I agree that this one is not up to the previous standard. It was obvious that there'd been a change and I think it's just a bit deceptive to have Blue Tea in the credits. The puzzles are a lot simpler, the HOS aren't right either.

I've still enjoyed it, but not as much. If there's another in the series I'll be looking very carefully before buying.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 14, 14 7:23 PM
bfgLianorm wrote:Hey Everyone,

I was just swimming by and thought I'd help to clear up some of the confusion on what's happening with the new Dark Parables game, Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide Collector's Edition.

After Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition was released, Blue Tea Games decided that the were going to shift their focus. Not wanting to see a popular game series end so suddenly, Eipix Entertainment decided to step in and continue on with the series.

While the games will have the splash screen for Blue Tea Games, Eipix Entertainment and Big Fish Games, the game is now being solely developed and produced by Eipix. We hope that you enjoy the latest installment in the Dark Parable series, and any stylistic differences with the game has been agreed upon between the two developers.

bfgLianorm

The problem is that all the Eipix Games have been having problems running on the OS platform and this is no exception. At least with Blue Tea - we were assured that the games will play. This one freezes on critical scene like all other Eipix Games.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Nov 14, 14 8:32 PM
Well, that explains it. I didn't like the graphics either, noticing a "there's something not quite right" immediately. Oh well, I did like the DP series and do like other Eipix games, but this one isn't for me. The games are too easy and the lighting (as others have said) is garish. The HOS were challenging in a good way though, the fragments were really hard to spot.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Nov 15, 14 11:20 AM
I didn't understand the beginning where the little man says Now I've turned over your carriage so good luck getting into the village. Umm, so I have two legs, can't I just walk?? Which you inevitably end up doing anyway.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 15, 14 3:36 PM
I preferred the gameplay in this one. Was sick and tired of getting a magnifying glass and then just a clunking sound because there wasn't actually anything to do. At least this new team give you a question mark and you know there isn't anything to do there, just info to read. Much better.

AND the map is a great improvement.

AND the colours aren't so garishly bright!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Nov 15, 14 6:01 PM
Thanks for the explanation, BFGLianorm - now I am no longer confused, lol.

As for the game itself, I quite enjoyed the (for me) subtle changes, and as I always have trouble with some puzzles, I didn't find them to be too different I also like having a real jump map - it gives me a choice of 'walking' or transporting

Regarding bright lights and glints etc, Blue Tea, and Eipix are not the only ones to fall into that trap - remember the Empress of the Deep series by Silverback Productions? Now there were games with bright light overkill - I definitely get headaches from playing those !

I played and quite enjoyed the demo, and now I have purchased it, as I really want to find out 'What happens next!' lol.

Jen

PS: It has been quite a while since I bought a game just because it was part of an ongoing series. If I don't like a particular game, I don't buy it.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Nov 15, 14 8:08 PM
bfgLianorm wrote:Hey Everyone,

bfgLianorm

Well, this answers my biggest question, I guess. With all the craziness that's been going on in Hong Kong, I was so worried that something had happened to the Blue Tea Developers I had to stop playing the trial to come here and see if I could find out anything about them. I hope they decided to change direction because they wanted to and not due to government pressure, and I hope all who worked at Blue Tea are alive and free.

That said, so far, I have fond this one to be very respectful of the series and a very good imitation. Just not quite the real thing. I guess I won't know whether I can tolerate it until I have played the whole thing, will I?

The two things I have always loved about this series are, first, the eye candy of the characters, the scenes, and particularly the artifacts. The FROG scenes of putting together the elaborate artifacts are such a trademark of the series and of Blue Tea I hope that never changes. That appears to be getting the respect it deserves. Alternate other kinds of HOG indeed. Bad idea. Second, I love that the Fairy Tale world, even though each episode is attached to a specific real geographic location, is so small - everyone is related to everyone else, is married to everyone else, or at the very least has known everyone else all their life. Even the short time I have played this game, I can see that that is being respected too.

But it's still not the real thing.
Like Pierce Brosnan is not Sean Connery.

When I've finished I will , I hope, know whether I can continue to live with it.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Nov 16, 14 12:16 PM
didn't think it was a blue tea game either as I have all the dark parables there is to buy in ces except for briar rose. probably still buy it, finding a shape is a nice change from finding some thing described by a word that sometimes doesn't fit it. only gripe is folks don't make some of the items too small to see, after all playing on a 24 inch moniter doesn't always help with glasses on. make them a bit more definable.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 21, 14 10:44 AM
bonggamer wrote:
The problem is that all the Eipix Games have been having problems running on the OS platform and this is no exception. At least with Blue Tea - we were assured that the games will play. This one freezes on critical scene like all other Eipix Games.

Do you mean the iOS platform?

OS just means operating system. Windows, OSX, Linux, Android, iOS (for iPhone, iPad and other Apple mobile devices) are all OSs.

For what it's worth, the game ran fine beginning to end on my Windows 7 PC. I've never had any issues with any Eipix games before, either.

My only issue with the game wasn't technical. It was the repetitive puzzles. I've come to expect more variety and the repetition of those "move the energy ball from here to there" and the "change all the symbols to the same type" puzzles drove me crazy. I like both types of puzzles, but having to do three levels of each type and then having to do three or four sets of each type on top of that was really annoying.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 21, 14 11:00 AM
Now that I have gotten over the shock and disappointment that it is not Blue Tea, I have been playing AND enjoying the game....especially the jump map, which I always begged Blue Tea to add.

I think that Eipex has done a creditable copy of the games that Blue Tea did so beautifully, but...it is definitely NOT BLUE TEA.

I hope that whatever Blue Tea goes on to do, that it will be something I like and want to play, since they really are such a great company...and I want to thank bfgLianorm for letting us know what happened instead of letting us stew and speculate as to what was going on.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 21, 14 11:29 AM
I agree, Tookat. I do think the plot was a little more muddled in this game. I think that was the result of Eipix picking up the game after it had been partially completed by Blue Tea. I'm still confused on who did what in this game, whether the spy was really a spy, and the ending of the bonus game really threw me for a loop with the way the goddess was shown... I am not giving any spoilers, but I go away much confused.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 21, 14 1:26 PM
Blue Tea has confounded me with their endings more than once Burf.
I cannot remember which game it was, something that had a disagreement with a horse clan and a wolf clan.
I was so upset by the ending that I wrote Blue Tea about it.

leslieboyd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by leslieboyd on Nov 21, 14 11:11 PM
i love blue tea so i purchased straight away .... no demo. when the game started i was a bit surprised to see eipex listed after blue tea... i played for 10 minutes and the first thing i noticed was the lack of the 'sounds' i've come to know and love in the hidden object scenes with blue tea games and when the chapter changes...... I love eipex , but i miss those sounds.... they were so 'parables'....

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 28, 15 9:37 AM
Sure, it's a Blue Tea game (my favorite developer). Their logo is prominently featured at the beginning. I was a little disappointed at first too, but as I played on, the expected beauty of BT games came through. I believe the games come out now in association with Big Fish.

Go to: