aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

REPEATED THREADS ( Important News For The forum)

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 13, 14 10:54 PM
Just a heads up to all,

That the forum is overwhelmed with repetitive threads, even one line down and someone will start a new thread as they can't be bothered to go to the easiest option which is " Search All Forums"

Just type in "Midnight Castle...........Friends or Stamps etc" this is the easiest way to find a thread not far back that you can add to and it will be then bumped up to the front page,

It's just that when I get up in my part of the world a thread that is going a day and that when I go to bed is stoped a pushed back 2 to 3 pages and a new thread about the same subject is started this is very frustrating and don't want to repeat myself over and over,

so I leave the forum to all of you, and the Virgo in me says organise this forum and I can't , so

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 11:05:01 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 14, 14 1:35 AM
See what I mean .....3 threads on tournaments and all about the same one!!!!!
can't understand that some people can't read a simple thread

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 14, 14 1:57 AM
I think that is because it is an important issue to those folks at the time.

There used to be many posts here asking for updates and loads of threads like this one ticking those folks off for starting a thread.

Like the other day DWL ticked someone off for starting another one about the high scores

There are 100 threads after the other complaining about the game itself, dice, etc

we would only have about 20 threads if you had to post in one only

oops sorry make that 40 cos you can't be positive in a negative thread or negative in a positive thread....

but everyone is entitled to their own spin on things - just not everyone tolerates it
the official moderators will deal with it ultimately.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 14, 14 2:04 AM
I know but it's getting so silly at you have to start a new thread when there is 1 or 2 of the same thread already there on the first page, and tech issues and updates are considerably more important and I am not having a go at anyone in particular like someone else we know it just plain silly

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Nov 14, 14 2:25 AM
I understand but this forum is not the most user friendly

it's easier for us that post and read here often

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Nov 14, 14 2:40 AM
If there was any way to make

the Helpful Links-thread more visible

...then it might help with repeated Friends- and Eggs-threads becoming less frequent. Maybe it would make sense to have

the Helpful Links on top of the 1st page,

right after the Welcome to the Forum. thread and have that info-bubble added right next to it, too? ( Is it even possible to move it there or have a locked thread also have an info bubble? )

All the resources we already have available on the game and the threads here on the forum aren't that easy / intuitive to find right now, it seems. (unless you already know where they are)

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 2:42:04 AM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 14, 14 3:06 AM
You are right fabulaparva,

It's Friday night here and I am getting a bit cranky, have had a good day in the castle as the unique stamps are dropping like crazy,

But if people knew that going to a set site's in the forum "as you have said big blinking lights next to threads" ...... that the thread traffic would be much less, and I know that old threads are so lost in the nearly 200 pages of posts,

O- well it will never happen as many things in the forum are left to us,, we could jump up and down and try to attract one of the mod's but they just swim by, say hello are off to Mod all the other forums............. wouldn't want their job, what a headache it must be, but I think this forum gets the most attention

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 14, 14 8:09 PM
Just to update there are now 6 threads on " Tournaments " on the fist 3 pages

OVERKILL I think so

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 17, 14 1:33 AM
What is going on 11 ads to go to other sites and "lost Server" thread x3

Hell in a hand basket, this forum be CRAZY

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Nov 17, 14 3:03 AM
Yeah, we are definitely being spammed. Seen the same spam on another forum a couple weeks before. Not much to do except hit the Report-button. Seems like the forum isn't completely effective in spam filtering. Too bad there seems to be no option to block someone's messages to be shown to you, aka an ignore-list?? This functionality is in use on many other forums.

on-topic: Regarding the multiple threads on lost servers and tournaments and the like, I guess those tend to get duplicated sometimes simply because a few people notice and start posting about it approx the same time. Not much that we can do on those occasions, although it makes me wonder if the forum software used here supports thread-splitting and merging? I did some mod assisting on another forum way back when and they had tools to quickly merge duplicate threads into one thread.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 17, 14 3:12 AM
Gosh, lots of spam!! They really need a couple of Mods in other time zones.
I did read one of the Mods say a while back that they don't have the ability to merge threads.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Nov 17, 14 3:27 AM
FudgeChi wrote:
I did read one of the Mods say a while back that they don't have the ability to merge threads.

Aww, that's a pity. Must be much different forum-software in use here, then.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Nov 17, 14 3:28 AM
OH MY! I've never seen anything like this before. Thought I was going crazy or my computer. Almost every minute a new spam is being posted. Where are the Mods???

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 17, 14 3:28 AM
I think the software for this forum is..well..errr...rubbish!

Eek and still that spammer goes on and on and on....!

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 17, 14 3:41 AM
as I said this forum be CRAZY,

and BTW the repeated threads are at different times as it went from 3 to 6 threads and I must say the button you click says " CREATE NEW DISCUSSION " not repeat a new thread, but you as the first poster must be important as small people need attention, poor, poor babies

I'm out of here

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 17, 14 3:43 AM
I am referring to the multiple posters sorry to those that know me

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 29, 14 7:42 PM
Once again I come to the forum and what do I see........ the same questions asked again and again, it is getting so boring that to reply to a poster is now a waste of my time,

I will only post to help someone that has a new problem, some of the repeated threads that are here are only a page back or even a few lines down, LAZY>>>>LAZY PEOPLE,

If only people would read the forum before creating a (new) thread,

Once again the big blue button says" Create New Discussion" "NEW" not repeated as I am in a different time zone I wake up to see 2 or more pages of the same thing from yesterday

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 30, 14 7:31 PM
This forum is useless,

If I see one more post about those blood unique stamps I will scream,

this forum need to be organised, and am afraid that it will have to up to the people that come here the most,

if you need help PLEASE READ " Helpful Links for Midnight Castle"

God help us when a Tournament is posted, how many threads will that create this time?????

I am not saying not to post just have a look around first, maybe go to "Search all Forums" and put in Midnight Castle and the topic you are looking for !!!! I have done this and it is amazing the threads you can find and all the answers you need,

I have noticed that repeated threads are not being answered as much, as we are all board to death of repeated replies,

be back tomorrow when this is back on page two or three

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Nov 30, 14 8:17 PM
hvymtlcttr,

Sorry about the rant but unlike that person I don't have a go at anyone in particular,
It's just the forum in general, if I reply to someone to help them they don't come back as the thread is pushed back to page 2 or 3 and as I am in a very different time zone than most it is very frustrating,

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 1, 14 12:20 AM
Old truths about forum posting: If it's not on the first page, it doesn't exist anymore.

Imagine the first page of this forum only having the following stickied threads:

-Welcome to the MC Forum & Midnight Castle FAQ (Short answers to the most common questions, Read the first message before posting!)
-Helpful Links for MC (Yes, put it up there so everyone can see it more easily)
-Glitches/Bugs in MC (Known glitches in the first post... then the technical issues posted by players)
-MC Maintenance Notifications (The title would show if there was maintenance going on or completed, all platforms)
-MC Updates (yes, I'm heretic enough to think that all updates could be in one thread)

5 instead of 14.

Go to: