dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

So will this series really continue?

[Post New]by dog2007 on Nov 14, 14 7:42 PM
Ok so I saw the post about Blue Tea no longer making the series...but there was no hint to the next one like there usually is...does this mean this was the last one....or does it mean the new group just isn't going to give a hint about the next in the series?

(despite what many say I enjoyed this one...the interactive map was super and the achievements are fun to try for...even after the game is done you can go back and play for the achievements...haven't tried to play a second game on the same account yet...last one - Rapunzel - you had to make a new name to play again....also no issues with playing...just harder to find the parable pieces)

Re:So will this series really continue?

[Post New]by smradagast on Nov 16, 14 11:12 AM
Lets hope it continues...it would be a shame for it not to.

I like to to think that the scene with the lion headed statue is a hint fr the next game...and not to mention one of the wallpapers in the extras.

The one wallpaper threw me off the idea that the story might be about beauty and the beast. The wallpaper doesn't fit into the game at all and you can easily miss it.

But it got me really exited...looks very ominous

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Nov 19, 14 11:20 PM
I so didn't see that....I'll have to go back and look (but it would be AWESOME - a personal favorite of mine - if they did Beauty and the Beast)

I also like the game style....reminds me of Sea of Lies

Anyway there are SO man parables and fairytales I could see the series going for a long time (like Dark Tales and MCF) but since I missed the hint (unlike all the Disney and Disney/Pixar stuff in the credits) I got a little nervous

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 21, 14 1:22 PM
Yeah, I thought it might be Beauty and the Beast, too, from the statue. That would be a good choice. It's the only reference to a different fairy tale I found in this game.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Nov 21, 14 7:25 PM
What room was the statue in? (I couldn't see it)

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 21, 14 11:15 PM
The huge statue of a lion-man in the secret garden. The beast in Beauty and the Beast is often portrayed/described as sort of lionlike.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Nov 23, 14 1:41 AM
SPOILER!!!
At the end the king said he will save this boy.
I have played all the Dark Parables and I can't remember if Pinnochio was in any of them. At one point he said to the detective something like "oh you don't remember me?"
So maybe it will be about Pinnochio.
Of course I would love for it to be Beauty and the Beast. One of my favorites!
I'm just confused as to why one of the most famous puppet was there. I mean I know he was there to find a cure. Not to mention her really grew up.
So have I forgotten that he was in a past Dark Parable game?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 23, 14 10:22 AM
Pinocchio and Gepetto were both in the Final Cinderella in a pretty big way, so you've met him before.

Edited on 11/23/2014 at 10:22:52 AM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Nov 23, 14 4:29 PM
You know you're getting old when your memory goes.
I played Final Cinderella. But I just can't remember those two in the game.
I don't even remember Cinderella.LOL
Either I am playing too many games and my brain is taking in what I'm doing at the time and then leaves my brain for all the other stuff I need to remember.
Or I just have to face facts that I'm old!
But thanks for letting me know about Pinocchio and Gepetto.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 23, 14 6:08 PM
I know what you mean about the memory going. One of the reasons I always play these games on the hardest setting and don't use hints or the strategy guide is to force my mind to keep working up to speed.

In the Final Cinderella, the only thing I remember about Gepetto was that one of the earlier Cinderellas fell in love with him. It seems to me that he became obsessed with bringing wooden things to life and came to a bad end because of it. I might be remembering that part from a different game - I have played a lot of these fairy-tale themed games! But at any rate, I do remember Pinocchio helping my character solve the mystery of the Cinderellas and something bad happening to him because of it. We had to save him, too.

Go to: