I give... how to the hints work?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 10, 09 9:01 AM
Okay, I give. How DO the hints work? I put a magnifying glass on an object that I knew was correct, and it didn't do anything differently than putting it on something that was wrong. Still same green pulse. Afterward, I clicked on the correct object that I had tested and it was accepted.

I won't be buying the game because of the hard-coded right-handed mouse but I would like to know what I'm missing...

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

Re:I give... how to the hints work?

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Apr 10, 09 9:18 AM
I'm with you on this topazmystique. I was enjoying the game until i needed a hint and couldn't figure out how to use them. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I won't buy this game because of this problem, unless someone has a fix or thought on how the game works. I thought i was the only one who couldn't figure this out.

Charm

[Post New]by Liedindewei on Apr 10, 09 9:29 AM
I tried the hints and ik worked good for me. It pulses green, but when you are on the correct item it pulses faster. I hope this is the solution you were looking for!
And i absolutely don't like the part where you have to crack a code... that's just impossible with only 6 times to try!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 10, 09 10:01 AM
Well, the hint finally did pulse faster on something that I had clicked on before (whiskbroom which actually looked like a paintbrush). I had clicked (several times ) on the brush part but it wouldn't take it. When I clicked on the handle AFTER using the hint, it worked. Hot spots seem to be way off since this was not the first item that this happened on. All in all, not a game I would waste money on. Don't even think I'd take it if was giving it away!

EDIT: And thanks, Liedinewei, for the tip! END EDIT

Edited on 04/10/2009 at 10:02:37 AM PST

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Apr 10, 09 10:19 AM
Welcome to the pond liedindewei. Thanks for the help. Mine was flashing really fast no matter where i tried. I will try un-installing and re-installing and see if that helps.

Charm

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Apr 10, 09 12:45 PM
Ah!! That was the other reason why I gave up on the demo, the translations were bad and the hints didn't seem to work.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 10, 09 2:53 PM
I'm wondering if you have to exit and then come back in for the hints to work? I know they weren't working the first time I tried it...

lcoffbaby
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,071 Posts

[Post New]by lcoffbaby on Apr 10, 09 2:59 PM
nope it's jsut buggy i beta'd this a few weeks ago and then was lucky enough to play the whole version about 3 weeks ago adn it has the same bugs as the beta...some games are just incompatible with some puters...

Laurie

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 10, 09 3:02 PM
Nice to know it's not me! There for a while I was thinking I just couldn't hit the right spot on the hint-o-meter.

[Post New]by sherrylmarshall on Apr 10, 09 6:35 PM
I was in the middle of the game when my hints stopped working. Also when I got off of the game
I got a blue screen error. And when I tried to save where I stopped playing, I came back and
had to start game all over. I wish I didn't buy this game, I wasted a coupon.

sherrylmarshall

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Apr 11, 09 2:06 PM
Be sure to contact customer service if you have a game that does not work properly. They can not fix what they do not know about. You can not assume someone else has already reported it. Customer service here is awesome and I am sure they will find a solution for you.
I agree this is one game I wouldnt accept as a gift either. With all the great games BFG offers, one that slips thru the cracks once in a bit is expected. However, they dont know if we dont tell them directly.

ok thats my 2 shrimp on the subject.

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Apr 11, 09 3:49 PM
just finished the demo-and glad I read the posts first. My hints seemed to work just fine. In addition to the light flashing when on or near the object there is a very faint bell that speeds up with the flashing; so after I turned my sound up a bit, it was very helpful. I ran into another annoying bug that I will put in another thread. Will not buy this unless it is fixed. Too bad as it has nice rooms and mini games so far.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 11, 09 10:57 PM
Well i still have no clue how the hints work! Looking for the glasses, it started to pulse really fast when I was over a pair of boots but when I left clicked on it the hint just goes back??? And the english!!!

Go to: