bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 15, 14 12:29 AM
From ERS Game Studios, creators of the Dark Tales, Haunted Legends, and Grim Façade series, comes a haunting new legend to explore!

Your friend, a brilliant doctor, thought his artificial heart would be the cure for his dying son. But soon after, orphans of the town began to mysteriously vanish, and the town accuses the doctor of black magic. Who is behind these devilish doings? Can your detective work unravel the mystery before the hearts of the captured children stop beating forever? Find out in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 14 12:36 AM
This is the second time that "Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory" has been postponed. Wouldn't it be more sensible to stop doing the Jessica Videos and go back to plain text that can be edited at a moment's notice before adding it to the FB site? Jessica's Video is always made a week ahead of the CE releases and anything can change in between then.

However, I played the Beta of ERS' latest "Haunted Legends" game, and am glad it's out today.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 15, 14 12:43 AM
I noticed that too. What gives? I've been waiting for that game for a while.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 15, 14 1:02 AM
I was expecting "Vampire Legends" too. I loved the first installment. Maybe a moderator will enlighten us later today as to what happened.

Anyway, "Haunted Legends" is a favorite series so I'm happy with this game as well.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Nov 15, 14 2:06 AM
I recognize this game as one in a series. I didn't have any issues playing the demo. But are there any collectibles or morphing objects or anything else that runs along the story line? I cannot recall if there were in the previous games.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 15, 14 2:08 AM
Wondering the same! However, after the demo, I have to know what that dwarf is up to? Usually NO good.

Don't despair fishes, this is truly a great game.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 15, 14 2:36 AM
What are you guys talking about? Jessica's Video???

Ci

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 14 2:36 AM
I think that the only collectables are those items you have to find for the heart.

There are no morphing objects in this game. I don't recall ERS using morphing objects in their games.

And just when it gets really exciting, the demo finishes.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 15, 14 4:12 AM
Valdy wrote:

This is the second time that "Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory" has been postponed. Wouldn't it be more sensible to stop doing the Jessica Videos and go back to plain text that can be edited at a moment's notice before adding it to the FB site? Jessica's Video is always made a week ahead of the CE releases and anything can change in between then.

Although I love the video segments of "el caliente" Carlos and our Katy Perry lookalike, Jessica , I have to agree with Valdy on this one. Thanks Valdy. I watch the weekly videos and they nicely done but you are so right. Our little "bloodbath" is a long, long time coming. I was looking forward to "our younger than springtime" Elizabeth Bathory saga. I also beta tested this game and would like to actually play it.

Everyone should check the videos out. They are well-done even if they only have a 50% batting average - which reminds me - this week they are going to San Francisco (aka "Techropolis"), I believe. However, it is home of more than techies. Yes - maybe they will pay homage to the Giants - winner of the World Series. Geesh - Carlos and Jessica - maybe we will soon see robots doing those videos? Just think a robotic Jessica and Carlos?

Oh, well, The Ice Age (AKA the "bombo') has returned here in the States. I guess I will play this game early this morning to "warm up" and hopefully have a better reviewing average than our BF video hitters. LOL

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 6:02:27 PM PST

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Nov 15, 14 4:43 AM
I played the beta for this game and absolutely loved it. my simple notes for the beta read: "very different and fun and the dwarf is back"... now I have to go play the demo and see if I still love it as much.

On another note, it appears it's not Big Fish's fault about the other game coming out this week. The developers stated they had hit a snag and have to iron things out but promise to bring it soon in a recent discussion I read.

Hugs from Cinci

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Nov 15, 14 4:47 AM
So wished they'd stop teasing un on Vampire Legends,i too was looking forward to it coming out today.So may get Haunted Legends even though it's not member discount.Do like this series. It's great to see you back in action Valdy,do so miss your opinions in the forums,please don't give up.You and Love Lisa.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Nov 15, 14 5:56 AM
CiChDa wrote:What are you guys talking about? Jessica's Video???

Ci

If you go to BF's facebook page, they (Jessica) posts a video each week giving us a preview of what games to look for in the following week. Sort of like they used to do in the "old" chat forum. I miss that one.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 15, 14 6:41 AM
I agree with Valdy and I actually preferred the plain text rather than the video.

I'm assuming that they have found glitches in Vampire Legends and that is why they are not releasing it for the second time.

Haunted Legends is a good replacement so I won't complain too much.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Nov 15, 14 6:50 AM
mhatfie wrote:

I'm assuming that they have found glitches in Vampire Legends and that is why they are not releasing it for the second time.

You mean, either the developer or BF, are going to be sure there are no glitches in the game before putting it out? I'm shocked!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 15, 14 8:11 AM
Euskalduna wrote:
mhatfie wrote:

You mean, either the developer or BF, are going to be sure there are no glitches in the game before putting it out? I'm shocked!

lol, maybe since they sold the company they're turning over a new leaf !?

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 15, 14 9:04 AM
mhatfie wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:
mhatfie wrote:

lol, maybe since they sold the company they're turning over a new leaf !?

They sold the company?

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Nov 15, 14 9:17 AM
Didersham wrote:

They sold the company?

Yes to Churchill Downs,Inc. They are out of Kentucky and are involved in gaming. I would have thought BF would have announced it by now but it has been in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. It will be interesting to see what direction the new company will take this gaming site.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 9:18:31 AM PST

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Nov 15, 14 9:17 AM
Valdy wrote:This is the second time that "Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory" has been postponed. Wouldn't it be more sensible to stop doing the Jessica Videos and go back to plain text that can be edited at a moment's notice before adding it to the FB site? Jessica's Video is always made a week ahead of the CE releases and anything can change in between then.

However, I played the Beta of ERS' latest "Haunted Legends" game, and am glad it's out today.

In another area of the net, where developers have been known to come and comment, the developers of Vampire Legends let us know that they ran into a snag (their words) and are taking the time to work it out properly before releasing the game. I think this was entirely unexpected as they sounded very disappointed not to have met their anticipated release date.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 9:17:58 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 15, 14 9:33 AM
Big Fish did make an announcement on their Facebook page regarding company being sold. Here is what they said:

Dear Big Fish Fans,
As many of you may have seen in the news, Big Fish Games was acquired this week by Churchill Downs Inc.
Since the acquisition, many of you have asked how this event will affect you, our customers, especially those who have been long time members. It is my pleasure to take a moment to address those questions.
The only change that our Big Fish customers will experience is…NOTHING! Churchill Downs Inc. acquired Big Fish because they admire and appreciate the games business we’ve built to date, and wish to see it remain intact and grow into the future. This acquisition does not change the quantity nor quality of games we will be bringing to Big Fish fans, nor does it change how we will continue to engage with our customers.
Some of you have voiced concern about potential Big Fish employee layoffs. To that, I am delighted to tell you that nothing changes! Churchill Downs is retaining all Big Fish employees to let us do what we do best — make great games for you to play.
You are the reason we built this company. Big Fish, which will remain known as Big Fish, is even stronger now and here for the long haul. We are excited and looking forward to making even more excellent games for you to play! Thank you again for your questions.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 15, 14 11:41 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Didersham wrote:

They sold the company?

Yes to Churchill Downs,Inc. They are out of Kentucky and are involved in gaming. I would have thought BF would have announced it by now but it has been in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. It will be interesting to see what direction the new company will take this gaming site.

Interesting. Thank you Sunnyglow for letting me know!

Go to: