catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 15, 14 12:50 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 6:33:54 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 15, 14 6:34 AM
Good morning Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Nov 15, 14 10:02 AM
I can't seem to close the cover on the clock, to switch the give lever. Consulted the strategy guide, have already done everything, however, I still get a magnifying glass and the statement "I can't touch that yet", it must be me, the rest of the game worked fine. Any thoughts ? Since I posted this also in the new discussions, haven't received any answers, I finally watched a video showing the walkthrough, and I also was not able to collect a barrel in the first scene, and still cannot close the clock cover. Can someone answer? using pc w/windows7.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 10:47:59 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Nov 15, 14 11:34 AM
I had problems with the sound cutting out during the cut scenes. There would be sound in the beginning, but about halfway through the scene, it would stop. The scene kept playing silently. This happened during nearly all the cut scenes.

jesterguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jesterguy on Nov 15, 14 11:54 AM
im having issues with the magnifier. I even uninstalled the game and re installed it but im still having issues. any suggestions? after I re installed it I tried to pick it up and it vanished.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Nov 15, 14 4:17 PM
screen went black like it does when you are waiting to play a game, then got some kind of error message, did't get to see it all and then it closed the window out because the program ie the game stopped responding.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Nov 15, 14 5:09 PM
I've had about 4 lock ups requiring ALT/CTRL/DEL. But restarting the program not much if anything is lost, so back gaming again.

I did have one black screen with an access violation.
I'll just keep playing and see what's next.
Using W8.1 and it seems to have a lot of gaming issues.

Four more lockups, then my profile was corrupted and everything was lost.

A VERY BUGGY GAME!!!

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 7:42:36 PM PST

[Post New]by mamalucy01 on Nov 15, 14 7:10 PM
My screen keeps going black and I have had to restart my computer twice. Had to make new profile 2nd time I went in, said my first one was corrupted???? I hope they come up with a fix. I would like to play this game.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 15, 14 10:44 PM
I was in the orphanage and putting together the second picture in the scrapbook. As I was moving the scraps of paper that I didn't need, I accidently moved the tiny scrap that had the heart on it and it disappeared. I cannot find it. I tried exiting the game and trying again, but the scrap is gone and I can't continue.

I am using a PC with Win 8.1.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 10:45:01 PM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 15, 14 11:41 PM
I really enjoyed this when I played the beta game but now I'm having the same "but/glitch" as I did in the beta. I mentioned it but obviously it wasn't fixed. I've rescued Sancho and am reading the storybook in the orphanage. There is a big gray block looking thing and I've picked it up (accidentally?) and it won't go anywhere. I can't put it back and it won't "go" anywhere. Had same issue in beta and couldn't continue the game then so had to exit out. Not sure if I want a game I can't play regardless of the sale.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on Nov 16, 14 12:12 AM
Yesterday I bought the game and played it until the end. This morning wanted to play it again. Unfortunately it didn't work. My virus program had an alert:

'http://forums.bigfishgames.com/templates/wanda/images/icons/ranking/30x30/minnow.png

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Nov 16, 14 9:47 AM
Hi. I bought this game yesterday. I am at the mechanical man with the cages and my hint is not working. The map works. I have the owl and try to put it in the cage and it says it's wrong. The SG is not helping.

[Post New]by jjteach on Nov 16, 14 10:20 AM
Hi

just installed this today and the game is running incredibly slowly and keeps freezing - i would like to play it - but there is no way when it is running like this. Couldn't even get past the first cut scenes. I have a high spec machine, running windows 7 and have never had this problem before - very bad!!! i will uninstall the game now as i can't play it like this!

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 10:20:59 AM PST

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Nov 16, 14 11:35 AM
Hi. I fixed my glitch. I did not notice the room upstairs from where i was. Once i went to the peacock painting and garden, it fixed.
Just played the main game and the bonus.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Nov 16, 14 12:43 PM
Same here with the bugs, glitches and need to hard quit multiple times after it locks up. Puzzles that won't play when you have all the pieces, or won't move on after they're solved. What the heck, BigFish?!? 0.o

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Nov 16, 14 1:29 PM
SAME HERE SCREEN WENT BLACK SAYING VIDEO CARD ERROR AND MY LAPTOP VISTA IS ALL TO DATE!! ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER GAME UNABLE TO PLAY!!

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Nov 17, 14 4:10 AM
I have the same issue as MRM Guppy....have a grey block that I cannot place in the scrapbook and nothing works. SOOOO I cannot move on...Help

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

This game indeed has technical issues!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Nov 18, 14 2:58 PM
The game caused mayhem on my system. Closing down the game seem not to have an affect of freeing resources. Trying to run other applications after a close not possible. Screen background, sticky notes and Desktop would become a black screen. The only drastic solution was to reboot and uninstall this game.

Made me concerned if the game contained malware.

[Post New]by Curacao on Nov 18, 14 3:01 PM
I had no problems until i came to the hole after succeeding in the tic tac toe and finding the gem behind that game. My screen went completely black and I couldn't do anything anymore except shutting down my computer completely. Tried it again and same thing happened.

I'm playing on Windows.

[Post New]by Curacao on Nov 18, 14 4:20 PM
Curacao wrote:I had no problems until i came to the hole after succeeding in the tic tac toe and finding the gem behind that game. My screen went completely black and I couldn't do anything anymore except shutting down my computer completely. Tried it again and same thing happened.

I'm playing on Windows.

On a PC
Meantime I tried for the 3rd time and this time I could continue with the game, but I do thiink there is a problem in this part of the time.

Go to: