catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 16, 14 1:04 AM
A thread for your reviews!
Happy gaming and have a great day!

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 5:45:11 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 16, 14 2:50 AM
I "think" I am enjoying this game. I know I didn't want the CE when it came out but the SE had a tech issue that interfered with my game play to a remarkable degree. I DID play for the entire 90 minutes and what I did play was fun. I liked the story line, thought the clothes-changing episode was amusing, wish our character had more of a story leading into it instead of just "being" there.

I thought the graphics were good. I won't comment on voice overs because I consider it more of a narrative because of the lack of lip syncing. It's a pet peeve of mine when a noted developer, in this day and age, doesn't add that feature. IMO it takes a lot away from the game play.

HOGS were a different twist of the "find the silhouette" genre but were fun and none too difficult. The mini games weren't especially difficult and there was some new and fresh ideas. I did find that some also needed patience and/or perseverance. IMO the mini games far outweighed the HOGs.

There were 3 difficulty modes - no custom. You had a journal that contained "story" and "goals". I suggest reading it often as there is useful info in there. The transportable map shows where open goals are (showing several open goals at a time - love that feature) as well as where you are. You also have a bracelet that transforms all the healers into wolves and back into human form. Since your character seems to be a healer, you get one as well. YAY YOU!

What I could play of the game was fairly easy so not sure if "experts" would enjoy it. There were times when I would have preferred doing things than having them done for me to the degree they were. For instance, at the potion making table.

All in all, I thought it was a good story line. Definitely worthy of a coupon.

ENJOY!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 16, 14 5:46 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Nov 16, 14 1:37 PM
Is it just me or does this 'Echoes' feel as if it's been gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere? It's not a patch on the other games which I thoroughly enjoyed, it just feels very dated and clunky, I'm not sure it's even worth a coupon!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 19, 14 10:28 AM
Turn into a wolf, turn into a human; oh dear, now turn into a wolf again. Nope, sorry.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 22, 14 7:00 AM
Totally enjoyed this 5 out of 5 star game. Animations and sound effects were excellent as was just the general game play.

Game moved along flawlessly with very unique and different HOS that were fun and challenging to play. Hint was quick to refill but the skip was a bit slow which made skipping over the mini games/puzzles (which I did for most of them) a bit of a wait. the puzzles could be a definite challenge and since I'm not a big puzzle fan I only played a few.

Graphics and color were very good as were the voice-overs. I did have to turn the music down right at the beginning. Transporter map was a gem and I used it a lot. Interesting story but not all that unusual, but enjoyable.

This game was a very refreshing game to play and was a good length for a SE. I highly recommend it. I also recommend you completely watch the opening introduction to the game. I did skip over this and was a bit confused once the game started until I figured out what was going on.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Nov 23, 14 2:19 PM
This is a good game, but as I typically say...it wasn't hard enough. No need for hints, or maps or sparkles. It just is what it is. The mini games are what I play for, and these were just okay. One or two had potential to be real challenging, but that's about it.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jan 3, 15 1:02 AM
Having the other games in this series I was prepared to enjoy this one but was sadly disappointed. For a start this game lagged sooo much, every movement was like super slow mo. Very frustrating! I also got tired of the oops need to change again scenario. The character of Mira just irritated me. Looks like the end to another series going out with a whimper.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 10, 15 3:40 PM
I agree with the positive reviews
This was not a difficult game and the gameplay was a pleasant change from the last few I have played
Storyline okay and graphics/colors good...Sound appropriate and minigames just right for this one. Hidden object scenes were sort of different to what I usually play and some required a little thinking
This was very well worth a PCC and will check more of their games that I have not played

All in all I give this one out of 5

Played on Desktop running Win. 7 64bit with no problems

Go to: