catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 16, 14 1:27 AM
You know the drill...
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 5:46:39 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 16, 14 2:40 AM
I am using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 and the game has a terrible lag on it. I mean seriously terrible lag on it. Ever heard the phrase "like molasses rolling uphill in the middle of January"? Yeah, like that. I tried all the usual troubleshooting and still had the same problem. First game I've ever not finished before the 90 minutes was up - because it took soooooooooooooo very long to do anything at all. Definitely not a purchase for me with this issue. The games/demos I played before this one all worked perfectly fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Nov 16, 14 5:47 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Nov 16, 14 6:00 AM
I am getting the same screen as the CE. One square in the left corner of my monitor. It keeps telling me my screen resolution should be a certain number and that is what my screen resolution Is set at. Does any tech people read these tech issues? Why aren't they fixed? Obviously a game glitch if my computer is set right and the game won't play full screen. Can't play this way and that is too bad as I have all the other games of the set. I have windows 8.1 and am up to date on everything.

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 6:02:07 AM PST

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Nov 16, 14 6:52 AM
I have an HP running Windows 8.1 and I too am getting a lag (same old molasses story LOL). I've turned off everything in the options and still get a lag. I had the same issue in the CD version. I'm surprised not more people have this issue. I own over 300 BF games and they run fine, so why am I having an issue with this one? I've opened several tickets in the past few weeks and I keep getting game coupons and no fixes. However I do feel BF is doing something in the background, like talking with the developers. I truly believe BF wants every game to run perfectly for every person. I won't be purchasing this game and it's a pity as I own the other 5 games in this series.

[Post New]by ashcat7 on Nov 16, 14 10:08 AM
I am also having the issue with the game playing in the top left corner of my screen but not filling out the whole thing. Also Windows 8 and an HP

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Nov 22, 14 7:20 PM
The game plays very slow, but that is not a deal breaker for me. Also the hints keep sending me to make concoctions that I do not have any ingredients for yet. This is more annoying, but not fatal.

Totally losing necessary inventory is a complete deal breaker and fatal. I did accumulate 1 of 2 pearls and the paw armor for the gate wolf, but after playing a game both had vanished, leaving me unable to continue.

Fortunately I was still playing the demo. This game is not ready to sell.

I use a Samsung laptop with Windows 7, and all my drivers were updated last week.

pandab10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pandab10 on Nov 27, 14 6:24 AM
There are no Reset or skip buttons on the fireplace light puzzle, Is thi intentional or an error? I have a Lenovo

Ultrex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ultrex on Nov 27, 14 7:23 PM
I have lost my Wolf paw - it has always been in the lower left corner but now is gone. Can not go any further without being able to change from wolf to human.

[Post New]by leetdavila on Dec 25, 14 8:02 PM
I am not sure if my issue is related to my monitor or not. When I open the game I can hear everything but all I see is a black screen with a box that says "Out of Range H: +63.9KHZ V:+60.0HZ". Any ideas? Is my monitor not large enough? I am using a dell optiplex GX620 with windows 7. Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited on 12/26/2014 at 3:57:39 PM PST

[Post New]by leetdavila on Dec 25, 14 8:04 PM
By the way, I did try the help pages but was unsuccessful after trying a few things. This has happened with a few other games also. Thanks!

[Post New]by alipickup on Jan 3, 15 11:45 AM
Hi

OS Widows 7

Was preparing the healing potion when the game screen went black - could use the wolf paw etc. However when I went to the map it showed my character as being present in all locations (!) and the picture (bottom right) was flashing through all the scenes at an alarming rate. I had to exit using task manager and when I restarted the game the problem persisted. There was no error . I guess this means that I will have to start the game again and hope it does not happen again but if anybody has a suggestion to fix the problem before I start this tedious exercise I would be grateful

[Post New]by annyadely on Apr 1, 15 6:08 PM
I have a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop with Win 8.1 and this game has an awful lag. It's definitely the game because I have other BF games and they are fine. I can only play it for short periods of time because it drives me crazy. Any fix available for this?

Go to: