ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

The difference between "classic" and "arcade"

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 10, 09 4:10 PM
I've played this game more than once now, and can report on this difference, which the game itself does not explain.

Neither game is timed, and in neither game do evil spells come while you are thinking (or getting something to eat or drink).

HOWEVER, in "classic", you can walk away from the game and everything stays the same, in "arcade", your score bar starts dropping as soon as you stop scoring.

In "classic", the advanced levels are not that hard, because your score will keep creeping up, even if the board is very difficult. In "arcade", the last groups of levels are quite difficult and may take a long time, because your score bar will stay level or even drop if you get slowed way down and are out of powerups.

You cannot change from one mode to another in the same game, but you can save one classic game and one arcade game and play whichever you feel like playing.

elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:The difference between "classic" and "arcade"

[Post New]by elledebbie on May 28, 10 9:35 AM
Thank you. this information could be critical for my enjoyment.

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:The difference between "classic" and "arcade"

[Post New]by Madth3 on May 28, 10 9:59 PM
Thanks!
I did not notice this difference in the trial (levels where small enough I suppose).

But I also noticed a difference in the score bars.
In arcade there is only one large bar and in classic there were several smaller bars like I should complete a certain number of matches of each type of egg. (This is only my guess, I just bought it and haven't played it enough)

Go to: