Enough with the gory tales!

[Post New]by libragirl44 on Nov 17, 14 3:24 PM
The games are getting darker and darker! Enough!

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Enough with the gory tales!

[Post New]by troischats on Nov 18, 14 12:56 AM
Speaking purely for myself, the same way as you are, I love "dark" games - in fact, the darker and spookier the better! That doesn't mean I'm some kind of devil-worshipping Satanist - just that I like feeling spooked . You may have had enough of dark storylines, as others will too, but there are also many of us who enjoy them. Vive la difference!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Nov 19, 14 11:06 AM
Not sure what you expected from a game called "Haunted Legends." Sure, the original Stone Guest story has been done to death and parodies mercilessly (as in the "opera" The Stoned Guest by "P.D.Q. Bach.") But it was originally supposed to be terrifying, in the name of justice for evildoers, and most of us can back justice for evildoers - it's a big reason why I play. ERS does put their own take on most things. Otherwise where would the suspense be?

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Nov 21, 14 3:39 AM
I like "gory" tales. I like "fantasy" tales. I like "animal helper" tales. I like "purple and blue" graphics tales. I like "portal" tales. I pretty much like all the things that various people have complained about. I'm just happy to get new games to play.

I don't much care what they are so long as they;

a) WORK!!! First and foremost they have to bloody well work.

b) WORK!!! Not to beat the subject to death, but I'm sick and tired of games that are released without being adequately tested. My game manager is FULL of games that don't work and evidently NEVER WILL because Big Fish doesn't care enough to fix the games that don't work. I'm talking dozens and dozens and dozens of games, not just a handful!

c) Use your imagination! Don't just rehash what is already out there. Give us NEW stories. New mini games. New hidden object scenarios. Just NEW!!! If authors can continuously write brand new stories - without relying on stealing from other authors - why can't game creators create games without stealing ideas from other game creators?

Firehorse

Edited on 11/21/2014 at 3:39:44 AM PST

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Nov 25, 14 6:00 AM
Bravo! Well put. My pet peeve is snow, snow, snow. Must it ALWAYS be raining or snowing? I think that's one reason that I loved the game Lost Legends: The Weeping Woman (not the exact title but close enough). It was a wonderful game anyway and I have fond memories of Mexico before all the drug cartels, but it was so refreshing to see colors that weren't pink and purple amid the horrible weather.

It seems that a game would still be good placed somewhere other than in a Northern region. Perhaps it's because many of the devs are from areas with miserable winter weather. Plus I was born and raised in Southern California (still here), so that may be another factor.

Enough babble from me!

[Post New]by fairyqueen1957 on Nov 28, 14 8:07 AM
I like dark and spookier the better..... but somehow uncomfortable when children are abused in the stories. It doesn't seem right to me.

Go to: