Annoying items in the game

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Apr 12, 09 2:58 PM
I got this game from another site but as its on BFG now thought this was as good a place to mention it so as to warn others, or help them.

I've finished the game now but found some of the screens annoying, as an example the list said "bird", there are several birds on the screen and it took me several clicks before I found the right one. In the museum it says "Cat" and there's a big white **** cat in the middle of the screen, but its not that cat, its an obscure bookmark type thing with a cats head on.

Mostly the game is OK, the mini games and puzzles are good although some are the same or variations of other games. Its just those annoying objects that ruined it for me.

theolone
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Annoying items in the game

[Post New]by theolone on Jun 23, 09 6:21 PM
i'm also not fond of the "four pieces of candy on the screen, but we only want *this* particular piece of candy. before i caught on to that, i wasted a lot of energy being frustrated because i was clicking on the same ***** cat.

now i'm stuck in the convenience/grocery store level. the list demands an hourglass -- the only hourglass i can find (even accounting for the possibility of multiples) is behind a hamper. however, the hamper holds/held a piece of the amulet, so any click on the hourglass simply flips the lid of the hamper open.

i started the game from the beginning in the (sadly, vain) hope of getting a different "shopping list" nope. that didn't work.

argh. >thunk< >thunk< >thunk<

so if anyone's spotted another hourglass in that scene, i'd appreciate knowing about it.

thanks,
Theolone

[Post New]by Mumsy5 on Aug 14, 09 1:23 PM
I THINK the hourglass is in the lower right corner area. My memory is not so good. I never got the hamper open so figured it didn't. Thanks for that clue.

[Post New]by qeloise on Mar 13, 10 5:23 AM
I'm having the same trouble with the hourglass. Has anyone figured this one out?

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Annoying items in the game

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 29, 10 8:10 PM
BlackKnight_UK wrote:I've finished the game now but found some of the screens annoying, as an example the list said "bird", there are several birds on the screen and it took me several clicks before I found the right one. In the museum it says "Cat" and there's a big white **** cat in the middle of the screen.

That drove me crazy! So did the jumbled mess of items you had to search through. I don't mind a busy scene; but I don't like ones that are jumbled together, obscuring the majority of the object's body. I also don't like searches where the developers have shrunk large objects to teeny tiny proportions and enlarged small objects to gigantic ones - especially if they're then going to jumble everything up in a heap. If they're bound and determined to do all of that, at least give unlimited hints (which they did) and make the timer refill relatively quickly (which it did not).

linwer
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by linwer on Jun 20, 10 7:35 AM
There is another hourglass to the right of the slim jim type meat above the first aid kit.

Go to: