bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Pirate's Solitaire here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 20, 14 5:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Pirate's Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Pirate's Solitaire.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Pirate's Solitaire here!

[Post New]by kszanz on Nov 21, 14 8:33 AM
I really enjoyed this. However, I'm still confused on the reshuffle option. Just as with a previous solitaire game that I played, only the cards on the table shuffle. When I have to pay 5000 points for something, I expect to get something more than that. I thought that was strange on the previous game, and here it is again. One of the games I played prior to that had the cards in both the deck and on the table shuffle, which is what should happen. Surely only cards on the table shuffling isn't correct. Is it?

One other thing, since I haven't purchased the game as yet, I'm wondering if I will experience the same thing on this game as the two prior games. When you get through three or four sets of games, there is a right arrow that never turns dark so you can go to the next set of games. I'm assuming that those are the games you can play as the other type of player once you win the first ones. The only thing is that your instructions showing how to play the game don't explain what you need to do to get to those other sets. When the captions at the bottom of the games show 0 of 100, that usually means you have to get that many points in order to go to the next set. This is correct until you get to the levels to the right of that grayed-out arrow.

One last point, I asked for help in these areas. No one ever bothered to answer me or anyone else that I could see. If you sell these games, you need to care enough to make sure buyers can play them satisfactorily.

Finally, considering I have literally played these games for days while attempting to get a perfect score, they are well worth the money. I personally like the different views. The game gets boring if it's always the same. Sure some are confusing, but that's part of the challenge.

Thanks.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Nov 22, 14 9:23 AM
Normally love Solitaire games and this one is bright, cheerful and plays smoothly. Only one problem, even with the tutorial I can't figure out how to play. HELP!!!

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on Nov 26, 14 10:01 AM
First of all, you look to see what number is face up in the deck of cards at the bottom of the screen. Let's say you have an 8. You will look for a 7 or 9 as they are numbers that are lower or higher than the 8. Before beginning, look to see where all of the gold cards are. You can usually tell where they are for the most part. Once you eliminate them, you win that set no matter how many cards are left. That's your goal. Sometimes you will see cards that look almost transparent instead of gold. If possible, try to do a chain so you can eliminate as many cards in a row. For example, you could possibly have a chain that goes something like this--7/8/9/8/7/6/5/6/7 etc. You don't stop until you can't find another number either higher or lower than the last one.

Once you get all of the required points for each of the games in a set, you will hit the return button to go to the next set. Once all of the sets show the required number of points (for example, 100 of 100), you will click the right arrow to go to the next page where you will have another group.

Finally, you will come to end of the sets of games and will not get the right arrow to turn gray no matter what you do. I finally realized that I had to go back to the beginning of the game where it showed two types of players and select the second player type that was not available until I played all of the games as the first player. Hopefully they will not have that final right arrow in future games to eliminate this confusion.

I hope this helps.

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on Nov 26, 14 10:59 AM
I would like to suggest a couple of changes for future games as follows:

1. In your instructions, explain that, in order to play the additional sets of games, you need to go to the beginning and select the second character. In addition, eliminate the final arrow as it is very confusing. You cannot get it to change where you can click it no matter what you do. I finally figured it out on my own about going to the beginning and selecting the next type of player. Because someone else commented on this, I know there are others who were confused on this. I deleted previous games; and when I figured that out in a later game, I went back to the previous games and re-installed them. Sure enough, I was able to play additional rounds then.

2. Make the shuffle feature work properly. Only allowing the cards on the board to reshuffle is ridiculous. Because this was done on two different games I purchased, I know you did this on purpose. That's dumb! As far as I'm concerned, the shuffle the way you created it is a total waste of points. Every once in a while, it helps; but it is rare. I for one do not like that at all.

I hope this helps. Other than these two things, these games are great. Considering I didn't like the original solitaire games, that's saying something.

P.S. Because someone asked for assistance in the review area, I just did a reply in an effort to help. If you want to move it to a help topic instead, that would be okay. It's up to you.

Go to: