gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Forum

[Post New]by gamblebug on Nov 21, 14 4:40 AM
I'm sorry but what the heck kind of forum discussion do you call this.Am I missing something her.Please someone explain this,i feel like i'm in a strange country.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Forum

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 21, 14 4:48 AM
It's a spambot, gamblebug. The posts will be removed when the mods get in.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Nov 21, 14 4:59 AM
As I posted in an earlier message which is now buried in a spamfill:

Not only is it super annoying for us, but I'm guessing it costs the game developers some sales. People who come to the forum want information before they buy, and who wants to wade through all that garbage to find the reviews, tech info, etc.? I seems to me that when this happened the other day, the mods didn't stop it until about 8:30 EST so we have a bit of a wait.

DK

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Nov 21, 14 5:25 AM
This is not good. I hope no one is trying to hack the site. BF please make sure this does not happen again. Thank you.

Edited on 11/21/2014 at 5:30:03 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 21, 14 5:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

We understand that the recent uptick in spam posts in the Forums has been distracting and has no doubt detracted from the Forums experience. We want to thank everyone for bringing this to our attention, so do know that we’re doing our best to remove those posts as quickly and efficiently as possible.

In order to help us with this process, we’d like to ask you to flag those spam posts and to send PMs to any of the Mods regarding these posts instead of creating new posts/threads in the Forums. This will help us to streamline our current process and will also help to keep the Forums tidy instead of adding on to the issue at hand. Since the issue is being addressed, I’m going to ahead and lock this thread.

We are trying to formulate the best way to rid the Forums of those posts, but as some of you may have noticed they’re being automatically generated by professional spammers and not just bored individuals as some have speculated. Because this recent influx does appear to have been mass-generated, you might see how it would take a considerable amount of time to locate and delete each and every one of those posts. We greatly appreciate your patience while we address this issue and hope to return the Forums to the condition that you’ve grown accustomed to.

Thank you,
bfgLianorm

Go to: