catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Final Cut: The True Escapade here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 22, 14 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 11/22/2014 at 6:27:01 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Final Cut: The True Escapade here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Nov 22, 14 6:27 AM
Hey Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 23, 14 3:10 AM
Hi there
I'm waiting to see if there are any tech issues posted for the Mac version of the game before I buy it. The last few games from Eipix has not been working and I've lost money on the last two!

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Nov 23, 14 3:29 AM
I have a Mac. Downloaded the game okay, but in the office it froze. Turned off computer, restarted it and I had to download the game again and it had 14 min. left.
Played a bit more and the screen went black. Turned off computer again and when I went back to the app, I had to download the game again, with 8 min left. Finished the hour trial, but I'm not sure if I want to buy.

I'll see if any other Mac users are having the same problem.

Looks like a great game though.

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Nov 23, 14 4:46 AM
I have a Mac 10.8.5.

This Game doesn't even start for me. After creating the profile and choosing the difficult mode the game starts loading an then crashes.
It's the same error I had in the last Eipix game I downloaded.

Before that I bought 3 of their games and they all stopped working in the middle of the game. The screen just froze and I couldn't continue playing.

I am finally done with Eipix games because I am not the only Mac-user with these problems and they just don't seem to care.

A shame, because I normally like their games.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 23, 14 8:40 AM
Anged wrote:I have a Mac. Downloaded the game okay, but in the office it froze. Turned off computer, restarted it and I had to download the game again and it had 14 min. left.
Played a bit more and the screen went black. Turned off computer again and when I went back to the app, I had to download the game again, with 8 min left. Finished the hour trial, but I'm not sure if I want to buy.

I'll see if any other Mac users are having the same problem.

Looks like a great game though.

Many many thanks for the feedback! Good decision to check in

[Post New]by Newlka on Nov 23, 14 9:22 AM
I played the game all along until the end successfully and when the credits list appeared, I simply clicked on the X in order to return to the main menu and go on with the bonus game. Instead, it asked me to give a player's name again to create the profile, as if I did not play the game at all. All my achievements and everything was gone and when I tried to click on the bonus game play, the message was that I should play the main game first and then will be able to play the bonus. Not that I don't honor the work of the devs but this is not my first Eipix game and I just did't feel like playing the credits all along as I know the crew well. Is it just me or did anyone else have the same experience?

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Nov 23, 14 8:59 PM
Having difficulties with the compass box at the beginning of the game. I found the N button in the martini, put it on the box, but the box did not open and the N disappeared. The game keeps taking me back to the martini to get the N button, but the button is not there since I already took it. No, it is not in my inventory. It is not anywhere. Has anyone else had the same problem? Does anyone have any suggestions other than replaying from the start ?

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Nov 24, 14 1:58 PM
JPCarol, and Newika, What system do you use?

Newika, I haven't played to the end yet, but based on experience with credits rolling... Was there a "skip" button, or just the X? If there's a choice between the two, choose "skip."

If there's only an X, try clicking in the text area instead.

And if these don't work, look out!, it's a Glitch! (Channeling Admiral Akbar)

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Nov 24, 14 4:06 PM
P.S. last time a game froze on me, and I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out, I decided to try the links in the Mod post:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

and followed the directions. Lo and behold, my "automatic" updates didn't include my video card. Updated it and the game ran fine.

So, don't trust that your "automatic updates" include everything, even if they tell you so.

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Nov 25, 14 4:05 AM
bonggamer wrote:Hi there
I'm waiting to see if there are any tech issues posted for the Mac version of the game before I buy it. The last few games from Eipix has not been working and I've lost money on the last two!

I have problems with Eipix games too (Mac OS X 10.8.5). The screen either goes grey and I couldn't move on or like the last two games, they don't even load.

I found a solution to both problems, that's working for me on all of their games.

Like I read in another forum, you just have to move the game into your applications folder and start it again from the game manager. You don't even have to install it again.
They seem to have a problem when, like me, you install the games in a seperate folder.

I haven't finished the games yet, so I don't know if there are other problems, but the crashing at the beginning and freezing at least is gone

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 4:11:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Newlka on Nov 25, 14 12:56 PM
alowan wrote:JPCarol, and Newika, What system do you use?

Newika, I haven't played to the end yet, but based on experience with credits rolling... Was there a "skip" button, or just the X? If there's a choice between the two, choose "skip."

If there's only an X, try clicking in the text area instead.

And if these don't work, look out!, it's a Glitch! (Channeling Admiral Akbar)

Hi Alowan,
I am using Win Vista and there was no skip button at the end, just the X. I also tried to click on the text but it kept rolling on and nothing happened. I am almost positive it is a glitch. But thanks for the tips anyway.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 12:59:33 PM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 25, 14 5:20 PM
i'm on win 7 and it does exactly the same thing!i have to play the whole game straight forward!so,as i now stop the demo during first hour to see if all run well,i saw that this one does not!and as i don't like to play non-stop,and as i was not very enthusiastic with this one,it is a no buy!

[Post New]by dustybritches on Nov 25, 14 7:15 PM
I have windows 8.1 and game downloaded fine and was playing fine until I had to exit game. Now comes the nightmare. I sign back in ready to continue my game.
Then, good grief it has me doing over all the stuff I had already done and looking for stuff I needed and already have. So needless to say I can not advance because I am suppose to find stuff I already found but game is showing I still need to find it.
If you can't follow me and are confused then you know what I am going through.
Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestion??

[Post New]by Newlka on Nov 26, 14 1:43 PM
dustybritches wrote:I have windows 8.1 and game downloaded fine and was playing fine until I had to exit game. Now comes the nightmare. I sign back in ready to continue my game.
Then, good grief it has me doing over all the stuff I had already done and looking for stuff I needed and already have. So needless to say I can not advance because I am suppose to find stuff I already found but game is showing I still need to find it.
If you can't follow me and are confused then you know what I am going through.
Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestion??

Hi Dusty,

Here comes what I have been talking about. If you exit at any stage of your game process, or if you play all along until the end and then exit, your game process will not be saved. That means you will need to start all over again and bottom line, you will never be able to play the bonus game, even if you played the whole game right from the start until the end in one session. Don't blame yourself or your PC. It is a huge software glitch. You may contact customer relations and ask for a refund or may wait for a patch (update).
HEY BIGFISH, TIME FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS GAME!!!!!!! Personally I would appreciate an update as a I liked the main game and would be interested in the bonus. If no patch within a week, I will ask a refund.

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Nov 26, 14 11:53 PM
Phew! I thought I was going mad! Sailing along happily until the middle of the game when I had to rescue the man from the freezer. Well - I think that was the code for lets totally stuff up the game! I'm trying to do things I've already done, the guy is in the freezer and at the same time in the projection room. No happy Big Fish - I'm going to have to play it again - but not right now as I'm not impressed with the quality of this game. I'm using windows 7 with all the latest updates to the graphics etc. Here's hoping that quality's not being sacrificed for quantity.

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Dec 4, 14 4:51 AM
Game ran along fine until I got to one of the last scenes in the main game. The police had caught up to Melanie and were telling her to get down. Twice the game froze right as she was turning with the revolver in her hand. Left game and restarted, same result. Did not uninstall and re-install. Didn't really want to to through the whole thing over. Any fixes in the works?
Thanks

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bahrnone on Dec 4, 14 9:23 PM
Poppies and Dusty, i'm experiencing the same problem. Mine started in the dressing room HOP and I chose to Match 3. All items disappeared and I could have played match 3 for ever with no results. Once I figured out how to get out of that awful loop I was doing things over and Mark was back in the lockdown room, which was again in lockdown, and I hadn't freed him from the freezer. Now I can't progress as I have used items needed to progress THAT I DID ALREADY. I have NEVER had problems like this with these games. What changed? I swear there is a saboteur in the BF pond. I do NOT want to start over and from the info given here in the forum it wouldn't work once I got to the bonus game anyway. This is the second game in 2 weeks. I am pretty much done. I have been a member for years, but I just don't have the money to waste on games that don't work and all the frustration that comes with it. Running Mac Yosemite.

Tuxlux
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tuxlux on Dec 5, 14 6:30 PM
Windows 7 user. The game jumped on me too. I'm trying to free the man from the freezer and the game bounced me back to the 'lockdown' room. I can't get out again because I've already used the eyeglass temple to pick the cabinet open once. I have the fire extinguisher and it is back in the cabinet at the same time

Boo Eipix!

[Post New]by bxrmom528 on Dec 7, 14 2:17 PM
Chapter 3 - Langdale St - The street signs that you are supposed to turn twice for a little door to open on the side does not work. I have tried and tried to make this work and still nothing works.

I have Windows 7 and run Firefox version 33.1.1

Go to: