Dismantled Image-Petition!

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 22, 14 11:23 AM
I so dislike this mode in this game. I want to start a petition to get rid of it. I don't want to spend anymore crystals or silver tarra cards to remove it. No other area, save the labryinths, jar me in this manner. Its the most annoying mode to start a room in. I believe its because you have to spend the time to assemble a friggin puzzle to get to the HOG. I tend to sit in a whole city full of DI room modes and wait until I have enough silver tarra cards to move on to what I call the "real" game.

Does anyone agree with me? Lets put the pressure on to remove this annoying mode. After all we accepted the new "Ghost" Octopus didn't we? Like we're still waiting after a year for Japanese Mysteries, Hello BIG FISH? Are you listening? You think nothing of including pearls as part of a reward even though you cant use them! I suppose you could buy the potions so you could tediously sell them for coins.

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Dismantled Image-Petition!

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Nov 22, 14 12:45 PM
I like the dismantled mode. I put puzzles together as a hobby complete with glue and frame, etc. I hate Night and Marine Queen. My eyes and memory are bad for Nights and numbers make my eyes cross. We all have modes and ghost modes that we hate. I used to leave the Octopus mode for days. I had to wait until I had the energy level high enough so I could repeat as needed. I used to tilt my monitor screen in reverse mode until I taught myself how to focus in Reverse mode. My biggest complaint with the Dragon Labyrinth is how rare some runes are to acquire. I rarely use cards. I have a lot of them. The developers of the game want to make money even with a 'free' on line game. The only way to do that is to have things to encourage players (especially those who rush levels) in spending real life money for in game aid items. Some other sites have this quirks like; reach a certain level you have to keep adding neighbors and/or spend real life money to pass it. ROM is one of the few games where it is possible to advance without spending real life money. This is especially true if you don't rush advancing levels and try to learn the game.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Nov 22, 14 12:45 PM
Well I certainly agree with you but I don't think you have a chance of getting them to change it. This is why I think any reward chest that has problem solvers in it are a major boon.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Nov 22, 14 1:16 PM
I agree with rheashard. We all have our likes and dislikes. Keeping 40K players all happy would be impossible. My personal nemesis is Octopus and nights. In fact I refuse to finish the blue octopus quests as I do NOT want/need another ghosty, esp another octopus as a challenge.

I like how you think star but we couldn't even keep the petiion I started long ago going in regards to fixing the server issues.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 22, 14 2:03 PM
achumannfaery, I see it differently. You go into a room to locate objects. Hidden ones. Why would you assemble the room first?

This and this only gets my goat. Not the mode in which I need to find the object, but a puzzle that I have to put together because BF can't? They used to.

I see it as a block to the room. I don't think this is necessary.

With all the other things going on with this game, I go into complete shutdown when I see a dismantled image.

Seriously that will make me leave the game- BF! - Are you listening?

A puzzle before a hidden object in my opinion is inappropriate in this format, it doesn't make any sense.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Nov 22, 14 2:11 PM
I also have to agree with rheashard. . We both have eyesight problems. I hate Ghost and Octopus. We all have something we don't like in this game but we learn to cope and get through it.

Edited on 11/22/2014 at 10:01:41 PM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Nov 22, 14 2:23 PM
Oh please don't leave starmagicgreen! You are a valued neighbor and forum contributor. I understand your aggravation even though I don't share the same contempt for dismantled image.

For those who do, be sure to post and help star with her petition. I also suggest sending this to a mod or two and request that this be submitted to the devs for consideration.

skyrider64
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by skyrider64 on Nov 22, 14 4:00 PM
I find the dismantled a nice 'change'. the ones I could do without are the ghost and night.

[Post New]by Aurora1972 on Nov 22, 14 4:08 PM
I hate that mode too. However rather than remove it altogether, I would prefer to be able to buy the puzzle solvers with gold coins rather than crystals like we do the bells. That way those who like doing the puzzles can solve them and those who don't can purchase the solvers and not waste valuable crystals.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Nov 22, 14 4:55 PM
Aurora1972 wrote:I hate that mode too. However rather than remove it altogether, I would prefer to be able to buy the puzzle solvers with gold coins rather than crystals like we do the bells. That way those who like doing the puzzles can solve them and those who don't can purchase the solvers and not waste valuable crystals.

That's a very good suggestion. I don't think you could remove them from the game to many of the offers and quests involve searches in that mode. The devs can't even fix the existing problems you think they are going to rework the whole game?

I find them an annoyance but they are not my most dreaded mode.

One thing I know for certain is that BF simply hosts this game. They have absolutely no input or control over what's in it. Think of them as the retailer in this scenario the only control a retailer has over a product is the choice to carry it or not. Personally I hope they continue to carry it I would hate to be like the German players who suddenly had to start over from scratch and in a foreign language no less.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 22, 14 5:24 PM
Thanks to all who have expressed their opinion, but especially Achumannfaery! ( ) who seems to be more agreeable!

All comments are well taken and very thoughtful. I don't like to be in the dark either, so I try to make sure I have enough lights!

That its highly unlikely removing this mode will be deleted any time soon, if ever, as Clashfan has suggested, and is probably correct in that assumption, will not deter me from my intention to get this off the modes. BF has changed the game in the last year like the wind!

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 22, 14 5:54 PM
DI is not a mode per se. Its opposite. It doesn't belong there. Its a puzzle. Assemble puzzle, then find objects. It doesn't fit. No flow.

Paranormal activity is just that. One day all of you will be okay with these, you will get it, as everyone does.

Octopus mode is nothing more than night without lights, you have to mouse over it to get it. Its not like you don't know where it is, Ghost a little bit different, same concept however.

I'd like to share that 2 of the game players have been in an accident of some sort and are the hospital, I don't want to continue this discussion during this event, so please offer your well wishes to Beth & Sophie

debc1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by debc1 on Nov 23, 14 11:56 AM
i don't like this mode either and use problem solvers whenever i have them.
i do like the idea of buying them with coins

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Nov 23, 14 6:33 PM
I'd like to share that 2 of the game players have been in an accident of some sort and are the hospital, I don't want to continue this discussion during this event, so please offer your well wishes to Beth & Sophie

Please tell Sophie and Beth I hope they have a speedy recovery, and they are in my prayers.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 23, 14 7:32 PM
Okay good idea, maybe in the near future we can buy the problem solvers with coins, well that would please me to no end!!! Clashfan, good one, hope the devs are listening then!

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Nov 23, 14 7:49 PM
Great idea, using gold to pay for problem solvers. Even if they had them drop as a prize after exploring rooms would be good. Or as a prize for assembling an artifact like they do for some of the other gadgets.

I dislike dismantled mode, but I hate night mode even more. Evil darkness. But even more than that, I dislike the fact that I cannot DUEL. So if they were going to fix one thing, fix the duels. If they were going to fix two things, give us Japan (I will even help you draw the pixels for it). If they were going to fix three things, give us the option of using gold to pay for problem solvers. AND SOLAR LAMPS.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Nov 23, 14 8:57 PM
I'm with ya Marj! Lets doit!!

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Nov 24, 14 12:31 AM
Problem solvers? Where are they and how do they work?

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Nov 24, 14 3:29 AM
dogpenny wrote:Problem solvers? Where are they and how do they work?

They put the Puzzle Mode together for you instead of you manually doing it yourself. You win them in doing weekly quest.

dazedelf
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by dazedelf on Nov 24, 14 5:50 AM
I seriously doubt you will get them to ever remove or even add a room made with any sort of petition. Considering some of the issues with this game that have been going on forever that have never been fixed, (need to refresh after replying to any messages, comps freezing, duels freezing, cursor lag, request for a way to check expeditions/rune feedings without having to refresh the game..etc) I don't really see them ever going to the trouble to remove puzzles, especially after they offered an item that lets you instant complete them.

Edited on 11/24/2014 at 5:50:50 AM PST

Go to: