won't work

[Post New]by mausienanna on Apr 13, 09 9:32 PM
i've had this problem with a few other bf big files.will have to stop buying them. unfortunately you have to buy them., instead of trying them first. bf have always been good though when i've had probs and given me a credit for them

revelati
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:won't work

[Post New]by revelati on Apr 14, 09 1:52 AM
check first you have enough place to play it it is a very large file for your computer

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 16, 09 10:00 AM
Hello mausienanna! I'm sorry to hear that you’re experiencing technical difficulties with Sinking Island. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are very well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

ozzyboo
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ozzyboo on Apr 17, 09 9:53 AM
Hi, ive bought sinking island, and after the first introduction screen of the helicopter ride in the rain, the game just freezes and i have to turn the computer off, this has happened before, and bf have been helpful, but i am going to have to stop buying these games, which is a shame as i enjoy them, did manage to download all the nancy drew games but one, deception island, so lost my money for that one. Dont understand why some load and some dont.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 18, 09 10:02 PM
Some of the large file games have PhysX and DivX included in the download. Perhaps your downloads are not complete? You have to watch for them towards the end of the download. You are given a choice for both, I believe, on whether or not to choose to accept the download and accompanying agreements.

ozzyboo
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ozzyboo on Apr 21, 09 2:34 PM
thanks misty40, i have never been given the choice of physx or divx so dont know wether that would be the problem, i could delete and try to download again, but it takes soooo long to load im reluctant to try again at the moment, maybe when i have more time, am getting reluctant to keep trying as i get disapointed every time it happens. Thankyou again.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 21, 09 2:38 PM
I only ever bought one large file game and had nothing but problems with it, despite the fantastic tech support. Ended up getting a coupon but I was too embarrassed to buy another, although Sherlock Holmes The Awakened has been calling my name. While I fully understand the reason for no demos on the large file games, I am just skittish about buying without demoing now.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 22, 09 11:01 AM
kishimojun wrote:I only ever bought one large file game and had nothing but problems with it, despite the fantastic tech support. Ended up getting a coupon but I was too embarrassed to buy another, although Sherlock Holmes The Awakened has been calling my name. While I fully understand the reason for no demos on the large file games, I am just skittish about buying without demoing now.

aw. you shouldnt be embarassed by it, although I do understand. I try to think of the large file games as the entire thing being a demo, cause if you dont like it you can get your money back (you just have to put the 7 dollars up front for it). Seriously though... where else can you try a game (even a large file game) and if you dont like it bring it back to the store for a refund?

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 23, 09 11:36 AM
ozzyboo wrote:thanks misty40, i have never been given the choice of physx or divx so dont know wether that would be the problem, i could delete and try to download again, but it takes soooo long to load im reluctant to try again at the moment, maybe when i have more time, am getting reluctant to keep trying as i get disapointed every time it happens. Thankyou again.

You're very welcome. I love large file games altho they can be a booger to download..LOL. They are very much worth the wait.

[Post New]by Maryg801 on Apr 24, 09 4:53 PM
I too am having a huge problem with this game. I started in adventure mode. I got a few scenes into the game and then the scene kept flashing black and then back and it looked like distortion on the scene. Couldn't move and had no control over cursor. I tried to start a new game in timed mode. It worked fine for a while until I got to the restaurant. Then the same thing started happening. I don't really want to try and reinstall the game since it took so long (and I have a broadband cable connection). Any ideas on how to fix this??

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 26, 09 11:42 PM
Maryg801 wrote:I too am having a huge problem with this game. I started in adventure mode. I got a few scenes into the game and then the scene kept flashing black and then back and it looked like distortion on the scene. Couldn't move and had no control over cursor. I tried to start a new game in timed mode. It worked fine for a while until I got to the restaurant. Then the same thing started happening. I don't really want to try and reinstall the game since it took so long (and I have a broadband cable connection). Any ideas on how to fix this??

Check your settings under "options" and readjust them. Click "ok" to set the options.

Go to: