bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Farmer Jane - Released on July 13, 2008

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 12, 08 11:00 PM
Not too excited about foodborne illness? Go au naturale and head straight for the farm. Jane and Joe are determined to revive Grandpa`s land by caring for chickens, pigs, cows, and other animals. Visit five separate farms and sell over 25 distinct products. Work through rough seasons like intense summer heat and a cold winter freeze. Can you turn Farmer Jane into a produce powerhouse in this Time Management hoedown?

Re:Farmer Jane - Released on July 13, 2008

[Post New]by mrsritchey on Jul 13, 08 4:52 AM
I downloaded this, and it looks like lots of fun, but it freezes on the upgrades screen. I am hoping there is a fix for this? As this is the sort of game I really enjoy, and I was considering buying it, but not if it is going to act like this. Hoping somebody has a fix for me.....I only got through 2 levels during the first half hour of my trial, and I would realy like to play it more!

Monique

zydecoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zydecoz on Jul 13, 08 5:08 AM
I had trouble with the "buy/upgrades" screen on Farmer Jane for a few levels during my trial period, too. I shut everything down running in the background and it "seemed" to work fine. I bought the game this morning and the "buy/upgrades" screen began flickering and causing the mouse curser to lag and jump again. I was able to play until midway through the second farm when I got a critical error and my computer shut down while on the "buy" screen.

I copy and pasted my error messages and would be happy to pass these on to the appropriate tech...if someone could tell me where to send it.

MadPoet
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by MadPoet on Jul 13, 08 9:54 PM
there is a customer support link on the bottom right of the page. well technically above this message

add the errors to the email that you send in and they'll get back to you as soon as they can.

it can take up to 72 hours to hear back

Edited on 07/13/2008 at 9:55:04 PM PST

zydecoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zydecoz on Jul 14, 08 3:41 AM
Thanks! I had checked out the link you mentioned but the live support wasn't available during the weekend. The list of complaints didn't include mine. I finally got a generic report form to call up and sent it in.

In case anyone else is experiencing this problem, I have found that once all the upgrades are purchased the problem eases. The last level or two of each farm works very well.

[Post New]by moonsong42 on Jul 14, 08 10:40 AM
I also had the problem with the upgrade screen freezing. I reinstalled it twice, restarted the game, and still haven't been able to advance past the upgrade screen in the second level of the first farm.

I hope there is a patch soon, as I would enjoy seeing how this game progresses.

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Jul 30, 08 1:34 PM
I have completed all the months for Farm #3 and ... nothing. Have Jane and Joe deserted me? Farm #4 is there, but the "Play" button is not lit. The game offers me the option of playing Farm #3 all over again, but says all my previous accomplishments will vanish! Ugh! How can I move on to Farm #4?

[Post New]by kadee41501 on Aug 27, 08 3:58 PM
I have been having problems with this game also. My game won't even load..I keep getting an access violation error. When I went to the Help section on the BFgame website it said that it was my anti-virus software. I contacted McAfee and they had me turn off the software which was recommended on the website...that didn't work either. I really would like any suggestions or help anyone could give me, I would like to play this game. If someone could send me a website I could go to regarding this game I would appreciate it.

calisews
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by calisews on Sep 7, 08 1:27 PM
I played this game for one level then uninstalled it. Guess I am just too spoiled to Ranch Rush. I didn't like that Farmer Jane could only do one thing at a time and that you could not click ahead to keep her moving. It was just a little to simple for my taste.

[Post New]by pluckylickyduck on Sep 7, 08 2:19 PM
Hi All You TM addicts!

I am on farm 5.3 and came looking for some hints only to find alot of complaints, I too had a little bit of trouble with game freeze in the beginning but found a way around that, (water by hand, no sprinkers on those levels that freeze). Now am looking for hints and tips as to how to get through level 5.3. If you've gotten beyond that please post how you did it... This duck is losing her mind trying to figure it out.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Sep 26, 08 7:09 AM
calisews wrote:I played this game for one level then uninstalled it. Guess I am just too spoiled to Ranch Rush. I didn't like that Farmer Jane could only do one thing at a time and that you could not click ahead to keep her moving. It was just a little to simple for my taste.

You can click ahead to keep her moving and I'm not sure what you mean by only doing one thing at a time - the girl in Ranch Rush only does one thing at a time too.
I agree the graphics in Ranch Rush are much better but I've given up on it, it annoys me too much that you can't see the whole screen at once and those screeching ostriches drive me insane....

erwin042
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by erwin042 on Oct 25, 08 10:50 AM
pluckylickyduck wrote:Hi All You TM addicts!

I am on farm 5.3 and came looking for some hints only to find alot of complaints, I too had a little bit of trouble with game freeze in the beginning but found a way around that, (water by hand, no sprinkers on those levels that freeze). Now am looking for hints and tips as to how to get through level 5.3. If you've gotten beyond that please post how you did it... This duck is losing her mind trying to figure it out.

The following is what I bought after each month in Farm 5:

After April: The Well
After May: silo and tools
After June: upgrading the 2 stables, otherwhy you can't deliver more horses and milk and the produce almost at the same speed then. I need that in the future months so I had to buy these upgrades sooner. I upgrade also the greenhouse.
After July: the tractor is the only thing I can upgrade
After August: I don't know exactly what I upgraded but it is something of the following: store, fields, orchan (apple) or tractor. I buy 2 of those upgrades.
After September I buy the other 2.
After Octobre: the well, tools and the greenhouse
After November: I restarted many times this farm cos I couldn't find out what I need here the most. Then finally I had to buy the upgrades for the stables as well. Do this after November and get thru the next months easily. If you don't buy those upgrades you can't get expert on the next months. And that's something you want, don't you?
After December: Fields and Silo. I think there are some more upgrades left. But I don't know when I buy them. I just do, cos I have money left.
From this point on, it's every months the same. Although more chefs are coming in.
What you buy the first 5 months is most necessary. That's why I restarted so many times.

I replayed the game now 2 times. I get expert on all levels. Sometimes I still need to replay levels/months cos there's something where I can't get expert in the first place.

I'll Hope this works out for you too!

[Post New]by codename84 on Dec 13, 08 9:51 AM

The following is what I bought after each month in Farm 5:

After April: The Well
After May: silo and tools
After June: upgrading the 2 stables, otherwhy you can't deliver more horses and milk and the produce almost at the same speed then. I need that in the future months so I had to buy these upgrades sooner. I upgrade also the greenhouse.
After July: the tractor is the only thing I can upgrade
After August: I don't know exactly what I upgraded but it is something of the following: store, fields, orchan (apple) or tractor. I buy 2 of those upgrades.
After September I buy the other 2.
After Octobre: the well, tools and the greenhouse
After November: I restarted many times this farm cos I couldn't find out what I need here the most. Then finally I had to buy the upgrades for the stables as well. Do this after November and get thru the next months easily. If you don't buy those upgrades you can't get expert on the next months. And that's something you want, don't you?
After December: Fields and Silo. I think there are some more upgrades left. But I don't know when I buy them. I just do, cos I have money left.
From this point on, it's every months the same. Although more chefs are coming in.
What you buy the first 5 months is most necessary. That's why I restarted so many times.

I replayed the game now 2 times. I get expert on all levels. Sometimes I still need to replay levels/months cos there's something where I can't get expert in the first place.

I'll Hope this works out for you too!

please will help by telling how to use sprinklers on 5th farm???

please i am really curious about it.

sprinklers dosent work.

[Post New]by dufikusz on Dec 28, 08 11:54 AM
Hello!
I've found this game recently, I like it very much but... I can't get through farm 2 level three. I always get a message: try again and the message has sg to do with "the customer's combo"... I don't really know what I could mean by that? Should I give flower to every customer if yes how??
Thanks

[Post New]by marygoh on Aug 16, 09 7:21 AM
how come i get "Farm Inspection FAIL"???
Anyone can help me...

[Post New]by liuxue on Aug 7, 14 1:38 AM
The professional of this organization usually accepts Surfers paradise apartment refurbishments tasks because for accomplishment of such venture, awesome craftsmanship and artswork required to highlight standard way of residing http://www.viprunescape.com/

Edited on 08/07/2014 at 1:39:20 AM PST

Go to: